GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I don't know what it says about me, but I just read the fist post in this thread for the first time.  I am VERY excited about the prize.  One of my favorite stores is Aldis which does not provide bags.  You also have to leave a $0.25 deposit when yoo take a carriage.  You never see a cart blowing around the parking lot.

I LOVE ALDIS and you are so correct people will walk it back to get that quarter- LOL

Wow I've been MIA too long! I still have my original 1st tee shirt from the year it started!

Trying to come back and be more active. I wonder if I am even remembered.....

Nope... Not forgotten and glad to have you back.

• Like 1

Got up at 4 am to drive to Corning, NY so my husband could participate in his first marathon. He finished (4 hours 35 minutes and change) even though the last 6 miles were grueling due to leg cramping. I may not have run the marathon but I got in a LOT of miles myself and was on my feet all day so I could catch/see him at different locations on the course to be his cheerleader (with posters and all). I feel like I just got in aN early practice round for Black Friday shopping. [emoji12]
  • Like 4

Got up at 4 am to drive to Corning, NY so my husband could participate in his first marathon. He finished (4 hours 35 minutes and change) even though the last 6 miles were grueling due to leg cramping. I may not have run the marathon but I got in a LOT of miles myself and was on my feet all day so I could catch/see him at different locations on the course to be his cheerleader (with posters and all). I feel like I just got in aN early practice round for Black Friday shopping. [emoji12]

With the pushing, crowds, and early hours, it's pretty equivalent. Probably worse for your husband - I hated waiting in corrals, creeping towards the start, and then people behind me taking off in a flash, as I thought "whoa people, 13 miles to go."

I don't know what it says about me, but I just read the fist post in this thread for the first time.  I am VERY excited about the prize.  One of my favorite stores is Aldis which does not provide bags.  You also have to leave a $0.25 deposit when yoo take a carriage.  You never see a cart blowing around the parking lot.

I got the bags today.  I like the 'stiffener' on the bottom.  I wonder how many people at Aldis will ask about or comment on GottaDeal.com...

• Like 1

My husband came in from getting the mail and announced “Looks like you got some weird junk mail promotion thing here from someplace called GottaDEAL.” Initially i just stared at him dumbfounded/speechless that he couldn’t remember the name of this site/group! I talk about it allllll the time [emoji849] I bet he’ll remember it from now on though, as I raised a bit of hell once my voice came back to me.

Anyway, I agree with everyone else, the bags are great. Mine went straight to the trunk of my car so they are handy when I need them.

• Like 1

Chiming in to say I got my bags today as well.  These seem bigger than the last ones I remember from Gottadeal.  These will come in extra handy, thanks!

They should be pretty much the exact same size, just a slight change with how the straps are sewn in.

These are just for you guys - I have a few left over for myself & family members but I won't be giving any of them away.

The first 2 years of this club we would start it after Cyber Monday and you'd have a few days to post in November before the list was frozen on 12/1. With BF so late this year (and Cyber Monday actually in December) I haven't officially decided when the new club will start.

Since this 2019 club ends this month, I'm thinking of starting the 2020 club in the first half of November, accepting the fact that with that much time to join the club (and during the busiest time of the year) we may just have a whole bunch of members compared to the first 2 years, at least until the first few months are over and people drop off. I would just choose a prize for 2020 that won't cost me $10 to ship with that many people possibly getting one lol.

• Like 9