Ditching work to Black Friday shop!

tabbababy

Being in Healthcare, obviously it's not always a given I will be off on Thanksgiving or Friday. Somehow I've managed to be off both days for at least the last 10 years. Maybe it's because I'm the one who always volunteers to work either Christmas Day or New Year's Day. Who knows but I'll take it.

Yep I do not work on that day either. One year I had to go in for a few hours to do a report and I fell asleep. My wife thought something was wrong. I slept for almost 4 hours. No one was in the building so it was quiet and I had been out all night. Good Times....

• Like 1

For the last 11 years, I have been fortunate to work for a company that gives us Friday as part of the holiday.  Before that, I took off when I could.  But, we were usually done with our shopping by 7:30 or 8:00, so we would go shopping then I would go to work.  Man, that made for some long days!

Yep I do not work on that day either. One year I had to go in for a few hours to do a report and I fell asleep. My wife thought something was wrong. I slept for almost 4 hours. No one was in the building so it was quiet and I had been out all night. Good Times....

Reminds me of Y2K, I'm not much of a drinker so when that rolled around I volunteered to go into work and bring all of our equipment online (Servers, Network, Phone System and so forth) and make sure it all worked as expected (even though we had done a ton of testing.

I got there super early in the morning and got it all working and tested. It was so dark and quiet that I almost fell asleep lol.

We have BF as a paid 'holiday' - I think my university switches it with Veterans Day or another state holiday.

But, since it's a private university, they can pretty much do what they want. It's nice because the week leading up to Christmas and the week leading up to NYE the entire campus closes at 3pm so we have 2 hours paid off for those days.

I was a stay at home mom for many years, but my husband took a vacation day to stay home so I could shop. I now work at a college, and the college is closed as part of Thanksgiving break :) Hubs still takes the day to stay home with the kids though.

I've always taken it off. When I was a new employee at my last job, I didn't have any vacation time yet, but they still let me take it. My current company gives it to us as one of our regular holidays, so I'll never have to worry about it! I was so happy when my husband stopped working retail and could come with me!

Back when it was truly BF I would volunteer to work TG to have BF off. Now I do most of my shopping online but this year my mom and I both work TG (nurses don't get holidays off) and we are off BF. So we will spend the day out shopping like old times.

I work at a preschool, we're open on BF but we have few enough kids come some people get the day off and the rest of us get half days. Depends on the year, if most of the kids come we have to work the whole day. Won't know til the week of most likely.

We have BF as a paid 'holiday' - I think my university switches it with Veterans Day or another state holiday.

But, since it's a private university, they can pretty much do what they want. It's nice because the week leading up to Christmas and the week leading up to NYE the entire campus closes at 3pm so we have 2 hours paid off for those days.

My university does it with Columbus Day so I get off and paid

• Like 1