How much stuff do you buy for yourself during Black Friday

msyves

When I first started, 90% was stuff for me, then as years went on that number went down quite a bit.  Some years I just wanted to go with someone so I picked up a few things but mainly helped them get stuff.  This year I'm not sure how things will pan out.  I have a few gift cards saved up so I likely get stuff for others, unless I see something cheap I can't pass up.

Yes, I absolutely buy for myself.  If I know that something I want is at a great price and probably won't be that cheap again before Christmas, then I'll go ahead and pick it up.  My DH doesn't really like me doing that b/c he wants me to be surprised at Christmas and not know what I'm getting.

• Like 2

I buy my Christmas presents for myself from my husband.  He hates to shop, never knows what to buy me, refuses to use coupons or price match, doesn't compare prices or wait for sales.  My husband would never, ever go shopping with me on BF!  I love to save money, and I don't mind and it makes life easier to him, so it's a win win situation. 

I buy my Christmas presents for myself from my husband.  He hates to shop, never knows what to buy me, refuses to use coupons or price match, doesn't compare prices or wait for sales.  My husband would never, ever go shopping with me on BF!  I love to save money, and I don't mind and it makes life easier to him, so it's a win win situation. 

You also get what you want :) Seems like a good bonus to me.

If its a tight year, absolutely nothing. It'll all be for the girls and only the girls.
If its a better year, then I may splurge and get myself a video game that I've been wanting if its on sale. 

I'm actually crossing my fingers that its a better year than others this year, and that we'll be able to upgrade the main TV in the living room. My oldest daughter actually expressed wanting to upgrade as a 'family' gift, but the littler girls weren't really convinced on the value of the trade. lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I normally don't buy much for myself, but I buy a ton for the house. New towels, new pans, appliances. Hubs bought something the other day and I said, "It couldn't wait till Black Friday?"

Typically for myself, it might be a shirt/sweater, jeans or PJs.

Sure, If something I want is on sale, and I can afford it, I'll pick it up.  I just have to make sure I'm not spending my Christmas budget on something for myself :).  This year, I have a list of a few things I'm looking for, for myself/my house. For instance, if the sale is good enough I plan to get myself an Amazon Echo. I also plan on getting myself a few of the 2 qt slow cookers for $5 at Walmart if they have them again this year (I'm hoping to use them for melting chocolate and caramel to make Christmas candy).  OH! And if Home Depot has the same tree on sale as last year (or one similar for the same price) I plan to grab one of those too.  That was my BF regret last year, not getting one of those trees when I had the chance  :holiday07 .

what was the deal on the tree?Id like to get a new one this yr. Also do you remember when they opened?

The tree at Home Depot was $79. And it is awesome, definitely try and get one. :) They opened at 6am. They had them online too, but I decided to go wait in line because I wanted to put it up that weekend.

Great thxs, ill deff be o the lookout, online would be great, ill already have my tree up so i dont mind waiting, ill just undecorate and redecorate the new one.lol, That should be fun

i try to refrain from buying for myself, because i prefer to make it easy for others to get me things i might want.  i think of many who struggle with buying gifts for their difficult to buy for family members and i feel this takes out a lot of the fun.  it's supposed to be fun and struggling isn't my idea of fun and it adds to the difficulty and frustration for everyone else

Edited by Khobbs1

Well, usually I'm just out buying things for my kids and family, but over the past couple years I've started picking up some stuff for me and my husband. We've gotten a mattress topper, carpet scrubber, and TV in recent years. Oh! And silverware. This year I'm actually keeping an eye out for a great deal on a 40" tv for our family room. Time for a replacement. But it's still mainly christmas shopping for the family on BF.

Does buying my cats a new cat tree count as something for me? lol Usually some of the best prices I get all year on cat furniture, cat litter, stuff like that. I have a VERY small family and neither my brother nor I have kids, so I don't have many folks to buy for, seeing as I make baked goodies, fudge, etc for most of my friends. (Because that's what they want! Really!) I do keep my eye open for small/special things for certain folks.

The past two years, I've done the Secret Santa exchange here (it's been a ton of fun) just to actually give me someone else to buy for but forgot to sign up in time this year. I do a lot of the shopping for that on BF.

The past two years, I've done the Secret Santa exchange here (it's been a ton of fun) just to actually give me someone else to buy for but forgot to sign up in time this year. I do a lot of the shopping for that on BF.

I was intending to sign up this year (for the first time) and forgot, too! I'll be on top of it next year!