Anyone returning gifts yet?

lesliepear

Yeah I bought the 32" RCA tv at CC for $199. Wrestled the thing down the stairs at home and got it all set up just to see 2 distinct defects on the screen. The picture is on the entire screen, but in these areas the picture is a greyish-blue. What a joy it will be to pack it back up and return it.... :(

So far I have or will return 3 items:

Staples: DVD+R's (no rebate)

Anyone else?

if there is no rebate that printed out staples will almost always just credit that money to you automatically, have done it several times. so if you want it, ask the manager.

I'm returning my CC laptop that I spent so long in line for. The screen is screwed up, and it definitely isn't worth the big bucks to replace it. This means I'll be paying for aol for a year, for nothing.

circuit city has a 1 year warranty on the laptop, what you worried about? :P

circuit city has a 1 year warranty on the laptop, what you worried about? :P

I don't want to go through the hassle with CC's horrible customer service, Sending it in, and then waiting for weeks. I'll just return it tomorrow, and if they don't want to refund my money b/c of the warranty, i'll leave, come back, and tell them I just didn't like it. Oh well. Better luck next time.

I don't want to go through the hassle with CC's horrible customer service, Sending it in, and then waiting for weeks. I'll just return it tomorrow, and if they don't want to refund my money b/c of the warranty, i'll leave, come back, and tell them I just didn't like it. Oh well. Better luck next time.

you might be correct with that, probably spend a full days work time in the store trying to get stuff sorted out, i didn't get the laptop there, but 2 of the desktops, i had to come back twice and didn't get checked out until almost 11am, was the 3rd person in line and the aol system went down on me, then left, came back again, still down, left went to to other stores, came back again and they finally have the sense of oh, we can just credit and save the copy and send the info later to get all these pissed off people out of our store who have been here for 12 hours, which anybody else would have done as soon as it went down, then another hour to get checked out and pick up my computers.

I returned 5 childrens books to Walmarts. Someone had put the big ugly price sticker right in the middle of the cover of the book. When I tried to remove the sticker it was going to tear up the cover and ruin the looks of the book. At first they told me I could not return books because of the copyright law so I asked to speak to a manager. I explained the problem to him and he agreed with me and that it was not my fault and returned my money. It turned out okay for me but there was a huge display of these books and I am sure I will not be the only unhappy customer.

We will be taking a GBA bundle pack back to Target today. Tried for one yesterday and didn't get it. Got the deal at TRU instead and then SIL went shopping and picked up two at Target today. We decided that we like the TRU deal better so we'll take the bundle back to Target today.

So far I have or will return 3 items:

Staples: DVD+R's (no rebate)

Target: PJ's (mine) - too big, Lite Brite (not the 6.00 one)

Sears: Razor (got wrong one, 39.99 NOT 19.99)

Anyone else?

I accidentally bought a $30 Razor scooter in Target instead of the $19 one. I bought two, not realizing that one of them was the more expensive Razor A2. Luckily, I realized my mistake in the parking lot and was able to go back in, get a refund and get the correct scooter. I would have been ticked if I didn't check the receipt until I got home!:mad:

Yeah I bought the 32" RCA tv at CC for $199. Wrestled the thing down the stairs at home and got it all set up just to see 2 distinct defects on the screen. The picture is on the entire screen, but in these areas the picture is a greyish-blue. What a joy it will be to pack it back up and return it.... :(

Does it have a degauss button on it? If so, try that.

Sorry to hear that. Mine is working great...but it was a CHORE trying to get it in the car...and keep it stable(had to take it outta the box) driving the hour and a half back.

I bought luggage for my parents at Kohl's, but returned them later in favor of a set I found at Filene's. I'll return that set before Christmas if I find it in blue. I'm not too thrilled about black luggage.

I'm also thinking about returning The Grinch to Best Buy. They didn't have the widescreen version, so I grabbed full screen. It was in a pile of stuff the employees found misplaced around the store. Can't be picky with the last one in the store...

Guest general41391
The problem is, I don't have anything to return...I just got some DVDs and that is bascially it. Stupid cutters screwed me this year.

Guest lolwtfbbq

i returned two of the three door buster cameras i bought from bb, they sucked, looked like watching stolen cable on the screens. i also returned an overpriced dvd rw drive, 70 bucks at rip off, 39 SHIPPED from new egg.

my emachines desktop and toshiba laptop are working great though. stuck another 120 gig hard drive in the emachines, got a gig of ram coming for it, and a gig of ram for the laptop too.

picked up the $549 desktop from CC, works great so far...no returns yet.

Friend of mine got the cheap emachine's desktop from BB and had to return it for DOA....wouldn't boot correctly...from what he described faulty sata controller on the motherboard.

Have to return the MP3 player from TRU .. the line at BB was so huge I went into TRU to pick up the smaller MP3 player and used my $5 coupon TYVM. After that I went over to BB when the crowd had entered the store to find out they didn't give out tickets for the MP3 players and I was able to snag 2 of them! Woohoo! Found the hidden checkout line at BB too - the IPOD checkout line. But the poor girl had no clue about the 2 months free Napster and 10 free downloads. Took them about 15 minutes to figure out how to ring it up. Sad thing was that I was the only person who had asked about it ..