The Naked truth! Walmart Phx.

merilinda

I arrived at the Walmart at 2:15 am was second in line for the desk top(which was in the middle of the hot isle) they had 52 of them , At 4:40 the manager decided he was going to have employees hand them out, we was worried because they made us move our carts back away and cleared a 3ft area around them, assuring us not to worry they knew who was first in line and we would get one ,...........Soon as they said five am , a wall rushed us slamming the front of the line into the pallets , people were grabbing,hitiing and stampedeing so bad, I finally grabbed hold of the bottom box left on pallet (where i was shoved into it), at that time so many people was trying to pull my off my box ,that they actully ripped my pant off me ( I was wearing the Nike snap sides sport pants) I am a grandmother of five, thank goodness I thought we were going to be standing outside so I had a pair of pj leggings on under them, or I would of had my bare butt shining,

Never the less, I got a good bruise on my chest and scraped elbows, but I got the comp : ) but nothing else was left

My WM was a fiasco too! A**holes pushing their way to the front of the line! I waited for 2 1/2 hrs 5 ft from the pallet of laptops, hell once 5 o'clock came, my glasses were half knocked off, a WM worker was getting crushed, one lady fell to the ground, one lady was crying, it was mayhem. The WM down the road handed out vouchers for the laptops I was told, geez that's a novel idea! (Oh, I got my laptop, barely!)

My WM was a fiasco too! A**holes pushing their way to the front of the line! I waited for 2 1/2 hrs 5 ft from the pallet of laptops, hell once 5 o'clock came, my glasses were half knocked off, a WM worker was getting crushed, one lady fell to the ground, one lady was crying, it was mayhem. The WM down the road handed out vouchers for the laptops I was told, geez that's a novel idea! (Oh, I got my laptop, barely!)

same thing at mine, as soon as the doors opened people who had just gotten there ran over & tried to make it look like they had been in line while me & others who had been there since 3:30 or earlier tried to get the cops to do something but all they did was yell, not really a good enough motivator...they really need to put up some kind of barrier so there's a single-file line of people who have been there all morning flowing in once the doors open :wife:

same thing at mine, as soon as the doors opened people who had just gotten there ran over & tried to make it look like they had been in line while me & others who had been there since 3:30 or earlier tried to get the cops to do something but all they did was yell, not really a good enough motivator...they really need to put up some kind of barrier so there's a single-file line of people who have been there all morning flowing in once the doors open :wife:

That would require more than 5 brian cells.:splat:

meh, how is wal-mart supposed to control shady and violent buyers? They handled it much better then circuit city did from what I've read. In our group we all kind of policed things and made sure nothing out of order happened... we acted like employees in a sense to help keep the peace...worked great.

Letting the people in the store beforehand to survey things and form lines really is a much better idea then having them stampede in all at once with no idea where anything is. Our supercenter handled it well.. all things considering.

At the Walmart I went to, my sisters, mom and I get into line about 3:30 and we were about 30 back... not too bad. Until the cutters starting standing around the parking lot. I HATE THAT... I froze my toes off to get in there. Anyway, my mom who has a bum foot almost got ran over. I grabbed her cart and pushed my way thru. When 5am hit, there was at least 70 people in front of us. One door was open and these people(And I would use that term loosely) trampled everyone. That was my worst BF WM experience ever. Target was organized, neat and even served coffee. I think next year I will get my stuff at the less frequented WM and order Target online... I am glad I got what I wanted or I would have been really mad. Whew... glad this day is over.

At the Walmart I went to, my sisters, mom and I get into line about 3:30 and we were about 30 back... not too bad. Until the cutters starting standing around the parking lot. I HATE THAT... I froze my toes off to get in there. Anyway, my mom who has a bum foot almost got ran over. I grabbed her cart and pushed my way thru. When 5am hit, there was at least 70 people in front of us. One door was open and these people(And I would use that term loosely) trampled everyone. That was my worst BF WM experience ever. Target was organized, neat and even served coffee. I think next year I will get my stuff at the less frequented WM and order Target online... I am glad I got what I wanted or I would have been really mad. Whew... glad this day is over.

That is the same way 'people' were at the walmart here, they lurked to the side to try to bum rush the door when it opened. I wasn't letting no one in ahead of me, I had stood outside for four hours with a 3 year old asking me if they were opened yet. :runaway:

Our Walmart (WInchester, KY) sat out the number of chairs of laptops they had available yesterday with numbers on them (1-30) for the quantity they had. I thought this was brilliant! The only way you could cut is is if you physically picked up someone and removed them from the chair. Obviously you couldn't do this with every door buster but for the really limited quantity ones--worked out perfect! Of course the 30 chairs were filled Thursday @ 6 pm.

Congratulations to those of you that got the items that you waited so long for!

I won't shop at Walmart on a normal day. The place is always a mess. Employee's rude. I would never shop there on BF. I don't care what the deals are. I would rather pay full price than EVER shop at a Walmart.

Then again. I didn't leave my house at all. I sat at my computer and hit click and ship on all the sites I needed things at and still got all the deals.

Guest lolwtfbbq
besides best buy scamming and lying to people and trying to make them SIGN A WAIVER because their geek squad put stuff in the notebooks, they were very orderly. i will never shop at BB again though, thats for DAMN sure.

Guest general41391

leefamily23- I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was odd. I don't care if they were giving away a date with Brad Pitt to the first 100 customers. I would not have my child outside that time of night for anything.

lol...are you sure?:D

besides best buy scamming and lying to people and trying to make them SIGN A WAIVER because their faggot geek squad put shit in the notebooks, they were very orderly. i will never shop at BB again though, thats for DAMN sure.

That's not really necessary... I understand your frustration, but no need to offend homosexuals by lumping them in with the geek squad. ;)

Having a baby out in 0 degree weather... wow. I went to a gun show where they were firing a LOT of automatic weapons. There was a guy holding a baby with NO ear protection, so we offered him a set of ours, still in the package and unused. The guy said "no he's alright." Really? How do you know? Did you ask him? :confused: Poor baby probably suffered permanent damage from that.

Wal-Mart cannot control how customers act.My Wal-mart still had laptops and computers left at noon.Try a smaller store next year

I disagree. Walmart can and should do more to control how customers act. Use chairs like some stores did. Have areas roped off. What they should really do is refuse the sale to anyone not acting in an orderly fashion. If they see people pushing and shoving and cutting in line, take the product off of them. Maybe if Walmart gets slapped with enough lawsuits they'll learn a little lesson in crowd control.

mtjoycol - people were at walmart here at 4am in 0 degree (w/ wind chill) temps with babies in carriers...sickening

I saw it to. It REALLY bothers me when I see that Grrrrr. No deal is that good I will risk my kids health. If I can't get a sitter it will be an online BF and bummer that it is "I " feel thats the responsible thing to do

Mara