good time to camp out??

nin7474

It really is a crapshoot. 2 years ago I went to BestBuy pretty early saw the line and turned around and went to Circuit City (they had my item for $10 more) a few towns over. They had NO line. I ended up going back home to sleep, then I went back out at 6:00 p.m. and got the items I wanted at both stores. :)

Anyway, long story short is it can vary a LOT from one area to another.

Im a believer that you should go super early and if anything, sit out in the car w/ the heater blaring until people start rolling in. Then hurry to form a line.

That's sort of my plan. I don't want to be the first one in line, for safety reasons, so I'll wait around and as soon as I see a few people, I'll join in. As long as I'm in the first 15, I'll be happy.

Right after Thanksgiving dinner (around 7pm) me and my agents (friends) will setup camp in all the major retailers to grab the most wanted items first. That's my plan anyway, but in reality I'll probably wake up at 7:45 on Friday, then go about 90 down the highway hoping that it's not too late.

Our WM is 24 hour, and they wheel everything out on pallets covered in black plastic. At 6 they have someone announce the time on the loudspeaker, and the employees guarding the pallets rip the plastic off. They also don't have things where you might expect them. They have some things in grocery. lawn and garden, shoes, etc. Ask an associate where the item you want is.

This is my first BF and I don't want it to be a dissapointment, so I expect to be at CC before 11pm.

Then you better roll back your time to 9pm.

At least drive by the CC and see if people are out and a line has formed. Some people spend more than 24 hours for deals so dont be surprised if at 11 the line is REALLY long. :2wiggle:

Then you better roll back your time to 9pm.

At least drive by the CC and see if people are out and a line has formed. Some people spend more than 24 hours for deals so dont be surprised if at 11 the line is REALLY long. :2wiggle:

What?!?

A couple hours doesn't make that much of a difference to me, but can this be true? :eek:

I'm goin to our 24-hour Walmart (hopefully) at 2 - maybe 3 for the Ride-on Jeep for $80. Lord hopefully I am early enough. I spoke with 2 people in the sporting goods dept (where they have the bikes and ride-on toys) and asked them where they would have the blitz items (jeep). Neither of them knew - but one of them did tell me that "her" trampolines would be in the garden department. I have never shopped at at 24-hour WM, so I am really nervous to not get there early enough to get what I want.

me too.. Now I am getting paranoid! I am dropping my kids off at Walmart early ( I was thinking 2 am but am rethinking it now!) to hold a place in line for me and to get a laptop coupon as well as one for the kodak camera. I am going to CC to get the laptop there as well. I figure I can get the coupons for what I want at CC at 3-3:30 then swing back to walmart with some hot chocolate and donuts for the kids and stand in line with them and then go back to CC to pick up the things I have tickets for. Since I live in Michigan I think I need to buy some foot and hand warmers!

Tina

I just called my local walmart and asked if they would be handing out tickets. They said no. I was planning on camping out for the laptop and some other items but the last thing I want to do is camp out for hours and then not get an item even if I am the first in line!! Now I think I will go to a store that hands out tickets.

last year, I got to Best Buy at 4am... the line was already around 200 or so people long. I was hoping to get the cheap computer package so I asked a staff person if there were tickets left for it but the tickets were already gone. BUT... he said the Public Relations guy at the entrance still had a couple tickets. So I walked up with the best Christmas smile I could muster and got a ticket from him. I don't know if that was a fluke or if it's something they always do... but it might be worth trying.

Also.. another tip I've used for a few years. Since I always start my BF with Best Buy, I do a lot of DVD and CD PriceMatch items there. I just get my stuff and walk straight up to the Customer Service desk which has NO LINE and I'm in and out in about 20 mins or less. Then I have plenty of time to get to the 6am doorbusters.