Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

Another android manufacturer bites is done.

Pandigital officially Out of Business. Does not plan on honoring existing warranties in the process

http://www.talkandroid.com/141273-pandigital-officially-out-of-business-does-not-plan-on-honoring-existing-warranties-in-the-process/

Good info. Do NOT buy a Pandigital and if you already did RETURN it! Not only will they not honor warranties they won't have any more updates.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

I am considering purchasing a Kindle Fire HD or an android tablet (Nexus7?). Any suggestions on the best time to purchase? Is it best to purchase on Black Friday, before/after Christmas or a couple months into the new year when all the new models are coming in and old ones are going away? Just curious when everyone thinks we'd be able to get the best price.

Retailers only allow 2 weeks on tablets, I cant return mine. But I'm not concerned about updates. They are for 6 and 8 year olds and I bought the store extended warranties so if they break I will just use the store warranty.

Good info. Do NOT buy a Pandigital and if you already did RETURN it! Not only will they not honor warranties they won't have any more updates.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Edited by peppysfireball

I am considering purchasing a Kindle Fire HD or an android tablet (Nexus7?). Any suggestions on the best time to purchase? Is it best to purchase on Black Friday, before/after Christmas or a couple months into the new year when all the new models are coming in and old ones are going away? Just curious when everyone thinks we'd be able to get the best price.

For the kindle, hit radio shack. You get $10 back per $50 spent, so add a paperclip to get to $200 and you get $40 back to spend on case, batteries, whatever.

Wow. Thank you sooo much!!! This changes my whole plan!! This was my only item at Walmart, so now I can focus on other stuff! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

you're welcome, but 1whodatdare is the original poster :D so they deserve praise, I just came to this thread to list, because before I myself ordered any tablet, I would check daily here first thing daily for advice/info and I didn't want the NABI-SEEKERS ;) to miss the deal

Happy holidays!

Retailers only allow 2 weeks on tablets, I cant return mine. But I'm not concerned about updates. They are for 6 and 8 year olds and I bought the store extended warranties so if they break I will just use the store warranty.

Then toss it across the room...and get your money back...lol. I agree-we have had nothing but problems and my 9 DD won't go near it. Buying a new tablet this year!

I have 45 days to return my tablet as a Silver Reward Member at BB. I also plan on getting the SquareTrade warranty on both the tablets I purchased.

I am so mad at myself...lol. I use prepaid cards online. I started to put the money on the card last night while I was at Walmart, but I didn't. So, now I don't have a way to order the Nabi..lol. DH and I share a car and he is at work..I am going to call my sister a little later (when she gets up) and see if she will go put money on it..

Hopefully it will still be on sale. If not, I am hoping that Amazon will put it on sale sometime today..

BTW, I apologize if this was already posted, but this looks like a great deal:

Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 at Walmart for $149 (refurbished) There's one in white too.

2 year service plan through Walmart is $19.50. If you buy it new at $179, as has been advertised at Amazon and JR recently, or wait to do so on Black Friday at any of the dozen or so retailers offering it, you only get the manufacturer's 1 yr.

Comes with Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung already announced plans to upgrade it to Jelly Bean soon.

I bought 2 for my oldest two.

I went back in about every 5 min and it would fluctuate between available and sold out. I finally managed to get one and the Samsung for $179. Missed out on the GC, but my daughter said she didn't care about it being white or not because she wanted to get one of those skins later on.

Let's just say my health is worth that $20 GC LOL I'll be picking hers up this afternoon and the Nabi should be here by the 3rd. :):):)

Last night at our mall we have a Best Buy Express. They have at least 3 white Samsung Galaxy tab 2 for BF @ $179. When I asked about returns she said we have until Jan 21. When asked about gift card? You get $30. When asked about extended warranty it was $79. She also said nobody has black or grey....although I just bought mine at Sears in black for 179.00 with $28/2 year warranty. I still came out ahead even not getting a gift card. Now where to find a good, cheap case for it??

It is only a $20 gift cart you get back with the white one.

Last night at our mall we have a Best Buy Express. They have at least 3 white Samsung Galaxy tab 2 for BF @ $179. When I asked about returns she said we have until Jan 21. When asked about gift card? You get $30. When asked about extended warranty it was $79. She also said nobody has black or grey....although I just bought mine at Sears in black for 179.00 with $28/2 year warranty. I still came out ahead even not getting a gift card. Now where to find a good, cheap case for it??