Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

Do you mean the one that TRU was clearancing? Pretty sure that was the old one...

Not sure if that is what you're saying, or if my talking about ads was what you meant, which is on the new one...

The one for $128 at TRU said it had ads so that would be the new one, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

I notices that RadioShack is giving $10 back in store coupon for each $50 spent. FireHD plus something that costs a penny gets you $40 back (maybe get a battery, fuse, or bag of tie wraps). Seems like a good deal.

I just saw that thanks. :)

Just got home from picking mine up, I am happy to say it is the 2nd generation one, I had to do some searching to confirm this.

the 1st generation was operating system 6.3.1

2nd generation current system is 10.2.1, the version on mine is 10.1.1 so it just needs the latest update installed.

That's what I though. Glad you got the deal. Now to have TRU put my $255 back in my account. Lol.

Just got home from picking mine up, I am happy to say it is the 2nd generation one, I had to do some searching to confirm this.

the 1st generation was operating system 6.3.1

2nd generation current system is 10.2.1, the version on mine is 10.1.1 so it just needs the latest update installed.

Nice! Why would they be clearancing them out already??

I'm thinking Nexus 7, just because it has 16 GB...I think that will be fine for my 7 year old, and we won't have to add on more memory...

I'm thinking Nexus 7, just because it has 16 GB...I think that will be fine for my 7 year old, and we won't have to add on more memory...

See the deal I posted above the Nexus 32gb is actually cheaper than BF. Its from Buydig and no tax

I have gone back and forth regarding these tablets, like so many of us...now I am leaning toward nexus 7 too, I heard somewhere that the 32 was going down to 199, but obviously that person was wrong because today I found numerous articles online that said the 16 went down to 199.. I really didn't want to go above 200 for this purchase... maybe I am just gonna do eenie, meenie, miney, moe... LOL

Do you know about how many songs/movies 16 GB holds?

I have gone back and forth regarding these tablets, like so many of us...now I am leaning toward nexus 7 too, I heard somewhere that the 32 was going down to 199, but obviously that person was wrong because today I found numerous articles online that said the 16 went down to 199.. I really didn't want to go above 200 for this purchase... maybe I am just gonna do eenie, meenie, miney, moe... LOL

Do you know about how many songs/movies 16 GB holds?

Does the Nexus have expandable memory?

Does the Nexus have expandable memory?

I don't think so. It also only has a front facing camera no rear facing. Those are the reasons I won't get it. I use the rear facing camera a lot more than I would use a front facing camera and I also want the option to add memory card for more storage space even if I don't use it.

I don't think so. It also only has a front facing camera no rear facing. Those are the reasons I won't get it. I use the rear facing camera a lot more than I would use a front facing camera and I also want the option to add memory card for more storage space even if I don't use it.

Ok thanks. I'll stick with either the Fire HD or the Galaxy Tab.

I really like the Galaxy Tab especially it has Android 4.0, 2 cameras and you can increase memory if needed. The price of $180 on BF is awesome for the 8gb. For another $20 you can get a sd card 16gb or more and put it in. One of the reasons I don't like the Kindle Fire is that it does not have full android, most apps are from Amazon (does have a fairly good selection) but I like being able to use the best of both worlds (reason I don't like Apple products).

The Kindle Fire looks great and for the money its a great deal, I just prefer to have as many options available for me. I hope to get a Galaxy Tab on BF and also looking at getting the 10" Asus Transformer either the 16gb at BB or the 32gb at Office Depot. My DS16 has the previous model and raves about it. He originally wanted an Ipad but says the Asus blows the ipad away.

Ok thanks. I'll stick with either the Fire HD or the Galaxy Tab.

I really like the Galaxy Tab especially it has Android 4.0, 2 cameras and you can increase memory if needed. The price of $180 on BF is awesome for the 8gb. For another $20 you can get a sd card 16gb or more and put it in. One of the reasons I don't like the Kindle Fire is that it does not have full android, most apps are from Amazon (does have a fairly good selection) but I like being able to use the best of both worlds (reason I don't like Apple products).

This is exactly my thinking. DD asked for a Kindle Fire and DS asked for a tablet. Honestly DD wouldn't know the difference. Lol. Are any of the Galaxy Tabs going to be online BF? I'm 9 months prego so unless I have this baby in the next week then I'll be shopping online. I may go to SAMs either way cuz I want 2 Galaxy S IIIs and they have the Tabs there too.

There are so many stores that have it Sears, Kmart Office Depot and Best Buy. I think BB and Kmart are doorbusters. I am sure one of the others will have it online. I am hoping for that also. Not camping out for only one item...

This is exactly my thinking. DD asked for a Kindle Fire and DS asked for a tablet. Honestly DD wouldn't know the difference. Lol. Are any of the Galaxy Tabs going to be online BF? I'm 9 months prego so unless I have this baby in the next week then I'll be shopping online. I may go to SAMs either way cuz I want 2 Galaxy S IIIs and they have the Tabs there too.

There are so many stores that have it Sears, Kmart Office Depot and Best Buy. I think BB and Kmart are doorbusters. I am sure one of the others will have it online. I am hoping for that also. Not camping out for only one item...

Now that I think of it. They have the Galaxy Tab at Walmart for $199 and my MIL gets a 10% off discount so that would make it $179, same as BF. Right?! Lol

I did not know they have it at Walmart?? I wonder if I could get a friend who works there to buy it fo rme. That would be awesome. Walmart matches ads on BF right I wonder if they would match Office Depot or Sears (not doorbusters) and then have a friend pruchase for me...

Just checked and my store has it in stock. I also checked BB and Office Depot and they have the Tab 2 for $199 also. BB is in Silver and Office Depot and Walmart are in Black. The one offered on BF at BB is white. Thinking I should get to Walmart tomorrow.

Now that I think of it. They have the Galaxy Tab at Walmart for $199 and my MIL gets a 10% off discount so that would make it $179, same as BF. Right?! Lol

Edited by racerfan

I did not know they have it at Walmart?? I wonder if I could get a friend who works there to buy it fo rme. That would be awesome. Walmart matches ads on BF right I wonder if they would match Office Depot or Sears (not doorbusters) and then have a friend pruchase for me...

Just checked and my store has it in stock. I also checked BB and Office Depot and they have the Tab 2 for $199 also. BB is in Silver and Office Depot and Walmart are in Black. The one offered on BF at BB is white. Thinking I should get to Walmart tomorrow.

Yup I checked Walmart and Target cuz I have family members that work there. I like the white on but it's for my kids anyway so black is ok too. Anything to get a deal and avoid BF right now is awesome. Lol ;)

ok, so question, it seems alot of people like that Galaxy has ability to expand with SD, but I don't know much about that....how do I know when I need the card, does it say no memory left? And aren't you worried somehow SD could get damaged? I have concerns about carrying these SD's around with 100's of songs on them, etc..

I asked earlier but don't think anyone saw my ?, anyone know how many movies/music can 16 GB hold? Of course I know it'd vary depending if the movies are GONE WITH THE WIND, or an hour long episode of dexter, but looking for approximate..

Also, I think racerfan mentioned ASUS products update and stand behind products, does Galaxy do updates as well, or are you stuck with the version you bought (and pardon my lingo, I could be saying it wrong, I am just wording this the best I can while trying to explain my quesiton)

Samsung updates their products they just take longer to do it. Asus was one of the first manufacturers to update from Android

3.0 to 4.0 when it came out. Samsung updated their tablets before Acer did theirs.

In regards to the SD card I would get a 16gb or 32gbb and put it in. Are you planning on keeping all your movies on your tablet. Once I watch something I delete off mine. My kids have a lot of video shot from their swim meets and DS has several movies and videos also on his. He still has a lot of room. He has a 16gb with a 16gb memory card in his. I am not sure how much space a 2 hour movie takes up. Will google it tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

I noticed that RadioShack is giving $10 back in store coupon for each $50 spent. FireHD plus something that costs a penny gets you $40 back (maybe get a battery, fuse, or bag of tie wraps). Seems like a good deal.

Anyone seen the fine print on the RD $10 coupons? RS will teach people to actually read the fine print this Christmas. That said, adding a fuse, battery, or tie wrap to the $199.99 Fire HD will get you back four of those certificates via email within seven days and you'll have thirty days to redeem them. If you plan to go to RS on BF, this should not be hard to do -- just order your Fire today to make sure you have the certificates in time. Plus, they usually give early birds another gift certificate...

RadioShack BF deals

Digital Media: SanDisk 16GB Cruzer USB Flash Drive $7.99

Digital Media: SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Card $7.99

Digital Media: SanDisk 16GB SDHC Memory Card $7.99

Digital Media: SanDisk 32GB Cruzer USB Flash Drive $9.99

Digital Media: SanDisk 8GB microSDHC Memory Card $5.99

Digital Media: SanDisk 8GB SDHC Memory Card $5.99

Digital Media: SanDisk Ultra II SD 16GB Card $12.99

Digital Media: SanDisk Ultra microSDHC and microSDXC 16GB UHS-I Cards $12.99

Electronics: Gigaware 2.1 Multimedia Speakers $11.99

Electronics: Skullcandy Ink'd Earbud Headphones (Black) $8.99

Electronics: Skullcandy Ink'd Earbud Headphones (Blue) $8.99

Electronics: Skullcandy Ink'd Earbud Headphones (Pink) $11.99

Electronics: Skullcandy Ink'd Earbud Headphones (Red) $8.99

Electronics: Skullcandy Ink'd MIC'd Earbuds (Black) $11.99

Electronics: Skullcandy Ink'd MIC'd Earbuds (Rasta) $11.99

GPS Devices: Gigaware GPS Dash Mount & Carrying Case $19.99

MP3 Players: SandDisk 4GB Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player (Black) $29.99

MP3 Players: SanDisk 4GB Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player (Gray) $29.99

MP3 Players: SanDisk 4GB Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player (Purple) $29.99

MP3 Players: SanDisk 4GB Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player (Red) $29.99

Video Games: Sony DualShock Wireless Controller (PS3) $39.99

RadioShack Fire HD accessories

Belkin Metallic Folio with Stand for Kindle Fire HD (Pink) $39.99

Belkin Chambray Folio w/ Stand for 7" Kindle Fire HD (Black) $29.99

Targus Versavu™ Rotating Case for Kindle™ Fire HD (Black) $49.99

Targus Kickstand Case for Kindle™ Fire HD (Red) $29.99

Belkin® Verve Folio for Kindle™ Fire HD (Purple) $29.99

ZAGG® invisibleSHIELD™ for 7" Kindle™ Fire HD $24.99

ok, so question, it seems alot of people like that Galaxy has ability to expand with SD, but I don't know much about that....how do I know when I need the card, does it say no memory left? And aren't you worried somehow SD could get damaged? I have concerns about carrying these SD's around with 100's of songs on them, etc..

I plan on getting a 32gb SD card and just leaving it in the tablet. If its anything like my Android phones then you can get an app called AppToSD and then you can move any app that will let you to the SD card. Plus I'm sure you can store pictures, music and movies on there. It's better than my DDs iPod that's 8gb and is so full I can't even update it till she deletes some apps.