Are all 24 hour Walmarts open before the 5-11 early bird?

dremerda999

I know it sounds silly, but I thought last year not all 24 hour Walmart's were opened 24 hours. I swear some did not open until 5 a.m. on Black Friday. Is this true or have I went crazy? I am hoping to be at a 24 hour Walmart around 3, is that too late? Should I be there earlier? I have never went to Walmart on BF, I hear it is a scary scary place.:)

The Wal-Mart's in my area allow you in..because they are 24 hr stores...but like the others said..pallets with plastic prevents you from touching merchandise usually til 5 am. It's a good idea to be there at least an hour early though. Especially if you need to be in a specific area like electronics.

Good luck shopping!

Thank you for your help. 2 years ago my mother went to a 24 hour Walmart for a toy they were going to have on sale during BF. They were freely sitting out. She said it would only save her $10 to wait until the crowd came, so she went ahead and bought it. For some reason the person behind the counter gave her the BF price, she told them she did not want to wait for that mess to save $10. They deducted the price, and this was 5-6 hours before the sell started. I would never have thought about the stuff being off limits. Does that count for the toys also? I would think that would be difficult to keep all of those off limits.

It was probably already in the computer system.....usually it takes awhile to program the computer for specials...which is why...on the flip side...on occassion you will think you are getting something on sale..ad because the skue is different...or it hasnt been programmed yet..you dont..so always keep a watch is best..but how lucky she was able to get in and out that fast!

Nice thing about a 24 hr. Walmart is that you can wait INSIDE! Plant yourself close to the most important "buy" on your list. Don't forget your coffee and donuts. :) You won't be the first one there even if you get there at 3 a.m. A couple of years ago, hubby and I got in on the trampoline frenzy on BF at Walmart. (first time we had ever shopped BF deals) We're converts now! We get all our shopping done in one day. It's great. We've also met some very nice folks while we wait in the wee hours of the morning.Good luck to you!

I know it sounds silly, but I thought last year not all 24 hour Walmart's were opened 24 hours. I swear some did not open until 5 a.m. on Black Friday. Is this true or have I went crazy? I am hoping to be at a 24 hour Walmart around 3, is that too late? Should I be there earlier? I have never went to Walmart on BF, I hear it is a scary scary place.:)

Nope don't sound silly to me because I know of a few in my area that did in fact close Thanksgiving and did not reopen until 6am(the time the doorbusters started last year). Also checked here in CA and they said they closed at 8pm and did not reopen til "Blitz." This year however they say they are not sure if they will be closing or not. I am just gonna wait and ask again closer to BF. And don't be afraid. It's not really all that bad. Just have a few instances that make it sound bad for all.

Our Meijer is open 24 hrs. Last year the deals started at 6am but if you were there early you could take the things you wanted and just wait until 6 to check out. I was really disappointed. I got there at 6 and all the stuff I wanted was already gone. Hopefully they'll have a better strategy this year. Or maybe I should just get there earlier. They do price matching.:g_dance:

:wife:

So the 24 hr walmarts don't close on Thanksgiving day? I always thought they were closed then re-opened for the door busters on BF.

That's what I thought too. At least that is what happens in my area. It would be great if we can wait inside. But we are all lined up in the cold waiting to get in.

One of my friends asked someone that worked there if they would be open 24 hours on Thanksgiving and she said yes. Sometimes they don't know what they're talking about, so who knows! If that is the case, then I will love waiting inside! :)

Mine shut down for a few hours so employees could have time with their families. They reopen at 2am at my 24 hour Walmart.

That's what ours did too one year. I think they closed at Midnight and the lines started right away. They didn't reopen until 5-6 can't remember what time, because I didn't go there first. No idea what they will do this year.