Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

I havent been on as much lately, so hopefully this is not already posted- I ran into our Target today to get a couple of things and I grabbed a small bag of easter grass since I had forgotten it- I noticed later on my receipt that it rang up 50% off, but there were definitely not signs posted in the easter area- not sure what else may have been marked down already- I did get some easter sprinkles (green with different color little eggs) and I think they rang up regular price

I havent been on as much lately, so hopefully this is not already posted- I ran into our Target today to get a couple of things and I grabbed a small bag of easter grass since I had forgotten it- I noticed later on my receipt that it rang up 50% off, but there were definitely not signs posted in the easter area- not sure what else may have been marked down already- I did get some easter sprinkles (green with different color little eggs) and I think they rang up regular price

They had it marked half price as a sale price here.

On a side note, when does it become stalking/harassment when Target's "undercover security" follows you every inch of the store, every time you go in there, like you are a thief? Last night he even made it a point to go say something to the lady working at the fitting room when my son (who happens to be autistic) was trying on a shirt. I would much rather them help me shop and point out some good deals then stalk me, ugh! :mad:

Yeah, I have had that happen too. I just make a point of being the perfect customer to give them nothing to get excited about. Most of the employees know me at my regular stores, but I've still felt like I was being stalked occasionally. Not much you can do unless it happens a few times. But if you think it happens BECAUSE of your son, I'd raise a real stink. And you want to do it with someone who is at the assistant manager or higher level. If you have never been sure who that was (and they try to keep it from being obvious), show up when the store opens at 8 and whoever unlocks is definitely at least an assistant manager or the general manager. You can also write a complaint on the website. They are pretty good about responding to those and the info goes to the store GM.

Saw the Animal Crossing Wii game today for 85% off!!! UGHHH. $6.24.... we paid $50 for it. Granted it was a year ago, but wow. That's quite a price drop. For some reason, Target has a real glut of these (at least in a couple of stores I've seen). Amazon is paying $14.50 to trade them in, so maybe I'll try to recoup a bit of my money that way??! Hmmmm.

I picked up several different 3 pc sets for baby boys last night, 75% off, $3.49. They also had tons of long sleeved girl's onsies for $1 and toddler boy's jeans 75% off (I think 3.xx).

On a side note, when does it become stalking/harassment when Target's "undercover security" follows you every inch of the store, every time you go in there, like you are a thief? Last night he even made it a point to go say something to the lady working at the fitting room when my son (who happens to be autistic) was trying on a shirt. I would much rather them help me shop and point out some good deals then stalk me, ugh! :mad:

I had the woman at the fitting room once ask if she could check my purse when I went to try something on. I looked at her and said no. She looked at me weird, but let me in. Then I heard security being paged to the fitting room! On a side note, my husband is a VP of Loss Prevention, and he always told me that my style of shopping sends red flags to security. I dart all around the store...he said if he didn't know me, he would have followed me as well! I take no offense, I've never stolen anything and am probably the most honest person you would ever meet. :)

Gosh - Target clearance news seems to be really slowing down. Probably good for me, as I'm less interested in running out to buy stuff I don't really need...but anyone find any great after Easter stuff yet?

I'm getting ready to run my daughter over to Target for a b-day gift for a friend, and will take a looksie. Just thought I'd see if anyone posted anything before I headed out.

That's what I was wondering, if something about "clearance shopping" sends a red flag to security? I could care less if store security followed me around a store or watched me shop, I'm not doing anything wrong.

I guess it's how you do the clearance shopping. I have 3 departments that I like to hit as soon as I walk in. Electronics, kids clothing and toys. Of course, they're all in different parts of the store. I dart between these departments. I don't go up and down every aisle in order. My husband says that would make him nervous if he was looking for shoplifters. That's just the way I shop. I guess if you're looking for clearance stuff first and darting from dept to endcap that may set off a red flag. Other things security looks for: big purses, wearing coats in warm weather, people wearing baseball caps and sunglasses (those camoflauge people's faces and they can't see their eyes). Sorry for being OT.

Regarding all of the posts about the undercover security......those people are just doing their JOBS and probably for about 10 bucks an hour. If you are not doing anything wrong, then you do not have anything to worry about. Just ignore them. I assume they are bored out of their skulls about 90% of the time and just follow whoever happens to be there for lack of nothing better to do.

I am guessing that if you demand to speak to a manager, they will tell you about the same thing. I'm just sayin'.....

So, back to the subject. Did Easter Dollar Spot get reduced yet?

Red Dot Dollar Spot was 50% off when I went yesterday. It looked like it was all the easter stuff.

Regarding all of the posts about the undercover security......those people are just doing their JOBS and probably for about 10 bucks an hour. If you are not doing anything wrong, then you do not have anything to worry about. Just ignore them. I assume they are bored out of their skulls about 90% of the time and just follow whoever happens to be there for lack of nothing better to do.

I am guessing that if you demand to speak to a manager, they will tell you about the same thing. I'm just sayin'.....

LOL! If they are the "undercover" guys and you know they are following you, they aren't doing a very good job at their job! To become one of them, they had to move up from being a uniformed guard a the door.

Regarding the dollar spot, the new stuff that they are bringing in appears to be orange dot, but the orange is really red. A great deal of confusion yesterday regarding this and I ended up getting several things half price that were probably new.

Also, a lot of the Easter stuff is not ringing up on sale, but they have it in the section with the signs, so I made them honor the sale price. Just be sure to scan and be prepared to argue if necessary. Maybe they'll have it straightened out today, but I doubt it.

LOL! If they are the "undercover" guys and you know they are following you, they aren't doing a very good job at their job! To become one of them, they had to move up from being a uniformed guard a the door.

Regarding the dollar spot, the new stuff that they are bringing in appears to be orange dot, but the orange is really red. A great deal of confusion yesterday regarding this and I ended up getting several things half price that were probably new.

Also, a lot of the Easter stuff is not ringing up on sale, but they have it in the section with the signs, so I made them honor the sale price. Just be sure to scan and be prepared to argue if necessary. Maybe they'll have it straightened out today, but I doubt it.

when is 75% off suppose to hit, tomorrow Wed or Thurs

Oh dear, I don't argue about that stuff anymore. I figure it's not worth the hassle. I know they don't get around to moving everything back to the regular spots fast enough but I don't need anything that badly anymore to make a big deal out of it. I will say that I was at Walmart about 1:30AM Monday and most of the Easter stuff scanned 50% off. The funny thing was they had those Furr Real mini pets with bunny ears on and packaged with pictures of eggs and an Easter basket and they were still full price! I did ask them to find out for sure about it and they said they were staying regular price. I did run over to Target around 9:00AM and found the last four there for half price so I was happy!

I'm sure everyone at my Target (and Kohls and Penneys) knows me by now and know that I'm just a crazy shopper but I do chuckle sometimes thinking that if they are watching me on some kind of store camera they probably laugh their heads off!

Oh dear, I don't argue about that stuff anymore. I figure it's not worth the hassle. I know they don't get around to moving everything back to the regular spots fast enough but I don't need anything that badly anymore to make a big deal out of it. I will say that I was at Walmart about 1:30AM Monday and most of the Easter stuff scanned 50% off. The funny thing was they had those Furr Real mini pets with bunny ears on and packaged with pictures of eggs and an Easter basket and they were still full price! I did ask them to find out for sure about it and they said they were staying regular price. I did run over to Target around 9:00AM and found the last four there for half price so I was happy!

That is definitely a difference. I will certainly argue. It is their job to move them out if they aren't supposed to be there, and if they don't want to honor it, I'll happily call the county on them. My primary store already has a scanner fraud conviction posted prominently on the front door. And it wasn't me who called.

Target still has the Wekinz in the Easter bags ringing full price. Those are not regular merchandise, the little tag directly on the plush rings INF, and they are all in the Easter stuff. The Club Penguin is also ringing full price and the box they come in are clearly marked Easter Mini Seasonal, so they are also not regular merchandise. They just aren't doing a good job on the computer side. It happened after Christmas & Vday also, and they corrected it within a day or so. So far they haven't on these yet.

Our store had tons of Easter stuff left. A back wall, and about 3 rows of stuff- although about 1 and 1/2 rows were baskets, die kits, and plastic eggs. Also several endcaps around the store with easter stuff on them.

One thing I saw in the dollar spot that I don't remember seeing before was an orange triangle (instead of different colored dots). Has anyone else seen this?

The Sesame Street stuff is orange dot. Sorry I've been waiting on it too. It's still ringing regular price.

Thanks I will check my dollar spot tomorrow. I'm hoping to get the Sesame Street stuff - that is red dot right? DD loves Sesame street but she's not too good at keeping her books nice so it will be nice to be able to buy 2 sets so DS can have something too.

Our store had tons of Easter stuff left. A back wall, and about 3 rows of stuff- although about 1 and 1/2 rows were baskets, die kits, and plastic eggs. Also several endcaps around the store with easter stuff on them.

One thing I saw in the dollar spot that I don't remember seeing before was an orange triangle (instead of different colored dots). Has anyone else seen this?

Saw the orange triangle yesterday. It was so confusing as they had signs up over the entire area saying 50% off so you had to search through everything and check the colors to find the right color on sale.

Um..yeah, so I hit Target on the way to pick up my daughter for a dental appt, Easter is 70 off and candy still 30. I found the 70 off very odd but still picked up a few things. Not much left at the store I went to. The cashier said she was surprised they still had stuff left. I told her I was surprised they didn't have more. HA! Got a few bags of marshmallows and some candy toppings for ice cream. That was about it. baskets, grass, plastic eggs and lots of egg dye was pretty much all that was left. About a half aisle of 30 off candy though. No one even looking at that. The easter baking pans with easter egg designs on the packaging all still full price here and moved to the regular aisle. Found a webkinz in the bag-full price here too. No hidden gems in the toy dept either.. Bummer.

easter was 70% off(some candy 70 some 50) at my store too but I managed to get 3 sets of thomas train and the 3 separate cabooses. cadbury creme eggs, a brachs chocolate bunny and some milky way eggs were 70 off everything else was 50...ODD..I got a bunny whoopie cake pan for 2.99 figure I can use for cookies or individual cakes too.