Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

75% easter with candy 50% (wow, did they overbuy M&M's there was an aisle full) not much in the easter that I needed but a ton of little toys, not much grass, some baskets and some eggs. There were plates, tablewear but nothing I needed. I am so disappointed, they cleared the cameras out on Sat (marked to 75%) so I missed the Nikon that I was watching (it went for $90 something)

At my store (machesny park, il) easter was 75% off and candy 50% off. Lots of easter grass, plastic eggs, and jelly beans left. Seemed like they had 1/4 aisle of those starburst jellybeans! Most of the other stuff is pretty much picked over. Signs still said 50%

... (wow, did they overbuy M&M's there was an aisle full) ...

Funny on the M&Ms.... there isn't a bag of them to be found anywhere around here. CVS and Walgreens ran really good pre Easter specials on M&Ms and there were good coupons out too. I got them for $1 a bag a week before Easter. I suppose there might have been some price matching going on at our Targets too maybe cause I haven't seen M&Ms left anywhere. Maybe your store found a "oops, look what we forgot" box of them in the back! LOL

Funny on the M&Ms.... there isn't a bag of them to be found anywhere around here. CVS and Walgreens ran really good pre Easter specials on M&Ms and there were good coupons out too. I got them for $1 a bag a week before Easter. I suppose there might have been some price matching going on at our Targets too maybe cause I haven't seen M&Ms left anywhere. Maybe your store found a "oops, look what we forgot" box of them in the back! LOL

LOl I don't know but the lady stocking them was laughing too. Its like they came in too late, wow $1 that would of been nice I only found $2 off 2 bags and at $2.69 a bag, not quite that good

The Easter items were marked down with the 70% signs others have mentioned. The only candy left were Starburst jelly beans, the Skittle metal tins and some Hershey kisses (some unique flavor, can't remember what it was....coconut?).

Very, very little Easter items left and very, very little clearance in the store. Was quite disappointed, but I guess I didn't overspend/overbuy, which sometimes I have a tendency to do with clearance :cheesy:

Saw a new in the box PS2 console, marked down on clearance from $99.99 to $49.99. Was told PS3 has been out for maybe 6 years? The guys in electronics say the PS2 console had been sitting in the display case since 2008?!?!? I don't even know if that is possible! Would be pretty difficult to find games. It should be clearanced down more than 50%!.

It was only 70% off here and dollar spot still 50% off. HOWEVER, I got the deal of the century at Walmart. I stopped there around 4:30 and I asked the girl when the Easter stuff was going to go to 75% and she said it's all 10 cents! So I got tons of stuff for Operation Christmas Child adn my friends. I even got those Easter Furr Real pets for 10 cents! It was a blast.

It was only 70% off here and dollar spot still 50% off. HOWEVER, I got the deal of the century at Walmart. I stopped there around 4:30 and I asked the girl when the Easter stuff was going to go to 75% and she said it's all 10 cents! So I got tons of stuff for Operation Christmas Child adn my friends. I even got those Easter Furr Real pets for 10 cents! It was a blast.

:shock:

ten cents?

I'd have lost my itty bitty mind!

That's better than garage sale prices-CONGRATS!

FWTarget: 75% and 50% off bagged candy here and the Glenbrook store had tons. Gonna check Illinois Rd. tomorrow.

:shock:

ten cents?

I'd have lost my itty bitty mind!

That's better than garage sale prices-CONGRATS!

FWTarget: 75% and 50% off bagged candy here and the Glenbrook store had tons. Gonna check Illinois Rd. tomorrow.

It was a rush, that's for sure! They did something similar after back to school with Sharpies, etc... 10 cents, 25 cents, etc... I have enough to last forever! :)

Our dollar spot is still at 50% so I imagine Friday is the day or Saturday? It's usually only 2-3 days at 75% before it gets salvaged. Ridiculous thing is that my area has sooo many freaking good sales/clearances that start Friday, but I'm traveling for 2 days!!! :( Why or why?!

My store had A TON of easter eggs and grass as was the case last year. I guess I can get some more. I also got 2-pack kitchen towels $0.74 and $0.50 sticker pack. I got a Little People's 4 eggs set for $2.49 and 2 easter books for $0.99. I don't know why I keep getting the Little People's stuff... my DD doesn't really play with the people much, but I just think it's super cute. Between Tuesday - Thursday a lot of stuff disappeared so I went ahead and got them at 75% off. I'm not going to be around for the first day of 90% off so I took my chances. Oh - I also got DS a 12 month 2 piece My First Easter Carter's play set for $1.99. Wouldva been great to pay $0.79 but there's no way that size will still be around come 90% off. I couldn't find any more easter items baby stuff except a girls newborn onsie. Hehe... DS is currently wearing 6-9 M and 9M christmas onsies. Funny to see him dresses like an elf in april :)

Dollar spot signs said 75% but was ringing up 50%. Cashier had to call a manger over and ask if she should change the prices. Peeps lip balm was still ringing up a dollar but asked the manager when she came over and she changed them too. They were had a dark orange colored dot, but I didn't even notice they were different until I got to the register. Very strange that something that is obviously Easter would be a different color dot.

Saw a new in the box PS2 console, marked down on clearance from $99.99 to $49.99. Was told PS3 has been out for maybe 6 years? The guys in electronics say the PS2 console had been sitting in the display case since 2008?!?!? I don't even know if that is possible! Would be pretty difficult to find games. It should be clearanced down more than 50%!.

The PS2 console is still in production, as are the games. PS2 games are not hard to come by, new or used.

Well I think 90% may be tomorrow for my store. I went in today to see signs saying 90% off candy! I grabbed a bunch of bags. Then the managers came over and told me that the signs went up early it should be tomorrow and they would honor the 90%. When I CHECKED OUT THEY MUST OF TAKEN 90% off of the 75% off price because I paid 2.43 and saved over 75 dollars! It was a good day for candy! I got over 20 bags of candy!

The PS2 console is still in production, as are the games. PS2 games are not hard to come by, new or used.

Hmmm..the associates in Electronics told me that they haven't made the PS2 in years and that the only way to find games to play would be to find used games as PS3 games are not backwards compatable.

Red dollar spot ringing 75% off, but signage still said 50% :) Easter was 75% and candy was 75% too! The signs for the candy said 50%, but ringing 75% off! Really thought the reg Easter would have been 90 if Candy was 75, but not the case...it was all ringing 75% off. Got some tootise pops, starburst jelly beans, sweettart ducks for 62 cents. Chocolate filled eggs, kisses were 72 cents.

90% off Easter! 75% off Candy and 75% off red dollar spot!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/KatieLynn011/target/april2011068.jpg

I am adding a photo of my finds! Hopefully it will help you guys find some of those hidden treasures! Almost ALL of the items in the photos were found in their regular sections. The crayons were in with the regular markers and crayons. All the toys were in the toy section of the store. The piggy banks were with the regular piggy banks on an end cap. The facecloths were with the regular ones. All the items were 90% off besides the bottom right hand corner those were 75% in the dollar spot section! Good luck everyone!

###Piggy Bank 0.99 was 9.99

###dishcloth 0.79 was 7.99

###moon dough 0.29 was 2.99

###littlest pet shop 0/59 was 5.99

###mini zhu zhu 0.39 was 3.99

###mighty beanz 0.29 was 2.99

###matchbox cars 0.39 was 3.99

###hotwheel cars 0.49 was 4.99

###lego 0.34 was 3.49

###Nick Jr. bubbles 0.29 was 2.99

###Thomas trackmaster train 1.49 was 14.99

###Sing a ma jig 1.29 was 12.99

###little people car 0.29 was 2.99

###24 count crayola twistables crayons 0.49 was 4.99

###basket 1.00 was 10.00

###gift bag 0.19 was 1.99

and much much more!!! I saved over $200 and spent $25!

Edited by Katie811
add photo

Both stores here (Rockford & Machesney Park) Red Dot Dollar Spot was $0.25 and all Easter including candy was 75% off, I was able to use some $1 off M&M's and Starburst Jelly Beans coupons too :) Both stores the dollar spot and Easter were very picked over and had very little left.

Well I think 90% may be tomorrow for my store. I went in today to see signs saying 90% off candy! I grabbed a bunch of bags. Then the managers came over and told me that the signs went up early it should be tomorrow and they would honor the 90%. When I CHECKED OUT THEY MUST OF TAKEN 90% off of the 75% off price because I paid 2.43 and saved over 75 dollars! It was a good day for candy! I got over 20 bags of candy!

Holy Smokes-

That's gotta be about the best retail deal I've ever heard of!

I would have floated out of the store with that haul.

WAY TO GO Katie!!!!!

Ended up needing to go back out, so I stopped by Duarte, CA store and it was 90%. The Jelly Bellys I stuck in the regular aisle were still there and 75% which makes DS happy. Got some good candy and forced the issue with the Pokemon cards that were still there. They don't usually mark them down, but they have remained there the entire time, so they gave them to me.