Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Where do you find internet returns?

Yep...usually sitting with other clearance on endcaps. The key is (especially with the huge items) to always check out big cardboard boxes that are randomly sitting on an endcap. They may not have a photo of what is in them, but you can usually figure it out. And scan, scan, scan...half the time they aren't clearly marked. This one was, thankfully. It was too huge to lug to the scanner!

Boo Hoo. I must have missed the markdown for the crafts/stationary b/c I went today and there was hardly anything left. After I went almost every day last week checking, of COURSE they marked it down the day I didn't go. I was able to get some gift bags for $.74 each (HUGE striped ones...perfect for birthday parties). And a couple of odds and ends that were left. The end caps were actually totally stacked with stuff....just mostly 3 ring binders and that kind of thing.

I saw kids' uniform pants at 30% off. I was so excited as I almost never get those at a discount, but they didn't have my son's size. But check out your store if your kids wear uniforms!

Car Accessories/Tools were still 30% off.

Kitchen was a mix of 30 and 50% off.

Cameras were still 30% off. My Rebel is still there. Wish I could properly stalk that sucker!! Do we think they will mark those cameras to 50% off next Monday?

Does anyone know what policy is on floor/display models....does it just vary by store....My store has a few cameras I'd pick up (50%) and still sitting...but both I want (rechargable battery not AA) are BOTH display models....I asked and she said NO EXTRA PERCENT OFF for displays if they are on clearance already....that seemed weird to me.

I scored a bissel floormate for 66% as an online return 2 wks ago..still haven't tried it or even made sure it was all there, I better do that!...why do they markdown those at such random numbers???

I got a DSI accessory kit that had car charger, 6 stylus', charging port, spliter, 4 screen protecters, 6 game holders, hard DSI case screen cleaner and various other peices for 9.98 (50% off) I bought 3 then realized 2 of my kids are DSIXLs!!

Window markers for $2.xx for our upcoming 6hr roadtrip friday

Thats it...still watching those popcorn makers for my 7yr old :P

Does anyone know what policy is on floor/display models....does it just vary by store....My store has a few cameras I'd pick up (50%) and still sitting...but both I want (rechargable battery not AA) are BOTH display models....I asked and she said NO EXTRA PERCENT OFF for displays if they are on clearance already....that seemed weird to me.

It seems to vary pretty widely. One of my stores said 30% additional. I'm stalking a nice Canon.

Can display models be returned? I almost bought a display flip cam discounted to $105 from $229. The sales guy talked me out of it because he said they are sold as is and there is no guarantee it will work. At another target I was looking at a Vizio 32" TV on clearance 25% off. The sales guy there also talked me out of it. He said they are on 12 hours a day for several months and would probably not last long. Any thoughts on display models?

Can display models be returned?

Definately something that I would ask Target corporate about. I would email them so that you have it in writing.

TV's are so inexpensive now unless the floor model is like 75% off, I wouldn't buy it. But if you did, I would find out if the manufacturer's warranty was still in effect.

I think most of my finds today have already been mentioned but...

I got a halo sleepsack for infants- was $19.99 now $4.98 and used a $2.00 target coupon making it $2.98.

Lots of cute plates, napkins, cups, party supplies, calenders, office stuff (like file folders, planners, in/out boxes, tons of other stuff), journals, photo albums, magnetic "to do" pads, other "to do" pads all in the stationary section for 75% off. Got lots of good stuff!

Also in stationary were Crayola pop art pixie things (decorative glass plate kit) was $19.99 now $4.98 used crayola $2.00 coupon= $2.98. I got 2 of those.

Crayola sidewalk chalk maker (you mix up whatever colors you want, then pour it into shaped molds) was $12.99 now $3.24.

Nature Made multi vitamin for him 2 pack was $9.99, it rang up INF and she said "how about $1.48", and I was like "sure" then had a $1 target coupon = 48 cent.

I also saw George Foreman grills, Hamilton beach juicers, oster blenders, kitchen gadgets & GE light bulbs for 50% off. Sorry can't remember the price on that stuff. There was a LOT more stuff that I just glanced at, but I was in a hurry since DS14 was with me and I was tired of him asking me if I was done yet. He had bought himself a new smartphone at Target and was in a hurry to set it up and use it. ;)

Be watching for your Sweet Deals by the Basketload magazine to come in your mail.

It has over $70 worth of coupons inside and a peelie on the back for a free $5 giftcard wyb $50 or more (exp. 4/23)!

How do u get the sweet deals? I've never heard of it.

Most of the kitchen items went to 75% blenders, warming trays, electric can openers, juicers, rice cooker, etc (a blender, popcorn machine, and a few smaller things stayed at 50%)

CARS rollerskates, tinkerbell rollerskates, disney princess rollerskates went to 75% ($4.98)