Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Are you guys seeing the Our Generation DOLLS on clearance or just the stuff that goes with them? I've only seen the stuff that goes with them and no dolls and I've been to several stores this week. Just curious if I should keep lookin?

On a funny note-last night I got home from Target and my hubby was like, hey need help carrying in stuff (He thought I went to get food) and started to open the trunk and i Was like NO, all up front! WHEW! My haul was almost discovered! hehehe!

One of the stores I was at had both dolls and clothes and gear on clearance, but it was not 75% off. I want to say it was 50%.

Not all Targets have the same pricing. If they are in an upscale neighborhood, or have higher rent for a location (like a big mall or a new development), they tend to be higher.

Curious what the DZ stands for? The sorority, maybe?

The store with the lower prices was actually a newer,more upscale store so I was surprised,but happy!

Yes,the DZ is for Delta Zeta (Delta chapter)

:)

My SIL went to the WC store and found nothing. She made up this story to one of the SA that they hide stuff in the back, and indeed, she came back with 2 of the plastic food by Circo. Everything else was cleared out. We did better at Carrollwood with baby toys for my niece, plus the Kung Fu Panda for $6 and the transformers track for $7. Didn't have time to drive to the one on Lutz on my way home.

This is what I was able to pick up yesterday. I couldnt copy and paste pictures on here, I would have done that. Gonna hit a few on our way into Anaheim today

xxx086002734 aqua sand $3.24

xxx086010008 baby folding swing $2.43

xxx086022488 Angelina B. plush doll $3.87

xxx086060028 Barbie feature (clothes) $5.48

xxx086060054 Barbie Doll $4.98

xxx086070005 Rapunzel hair $9.48

xxx086070019 Disney's Fairies $2.78

xxx086070311 Disney's fairies beauty set $3.74

xxx087050329 Jada RC $6.57

xxx087070284 Hot wheels polic car $3.98

xxx087071899 Hot wheels $.087

xxx204020248 jumbo chalk $.78

xxx204020438 Bubbles $.24

xxx204020461 Hopper $1.98

xxx204031461 Mickey mouse $20.98

xxx204033193 Timmy time phone $2.24

xxx204070246 Mega Tru $5.02

xxx204070285 Fisher price trio $3.18 ( used 25% coupon)

xxx204070803 Block Squ lego $99.99

xxx204090938 little tikes BBQ grill $10.37

xxx204100430 You Hue $5.74

xxx204100552 Phone $3.24

xxx086001111 moon dough $2.48

xxx086001371 Girl gourmet freeze $4.98

xxx086002653 Girl gourmet cupcake maker $4.98

xxx086022596 Dora flower girl $4.98

xxx086070402 Magic Talnet $3.48

xxx086080700 Bella Sara $1.48

xxx087100932 SOrry game $4.74

xxx204090923 ball $.087

xxx204100657 zig zag $3.74

xxx086002587 aqua sand $6.24

xxx086002597 Moon Dough $4.98

xxx086040203 Bouncin $6.22

xxx086070111 disney light $.74

xxx087101922 Pigeon $3.74

ARRGGG!! I am soo jealous of all of you that got Lego sets on clearance! I put several of the sets you all have in your photos in my basket and scanned them all - but they are all still regular price here!! I've been to four Targets in a 35 mile radius of my home, and every store is the same. The only Lego sets I've seen marked down were some Toy Story3, and some small Prince of Persia sets. None of the Cars, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pirates, Atlantis, etc. seem to even be marked down at all.

I did find a couple of the Lego Robot games, but that was all that was Lego, that they had at 75% off. The Toy Story3 sets were only at 50% off (and I'm not interested in those).

I did find some of the other things you guys did, and really did well getting clearance jeans for all the kids at about $2/each (or less) using the Target coupons. (I managed to get 6-8 pairs for each of my four kids using some extra coupons I acquired.)

So, congratulations to all of you that found Lego sets 75% off - I'll keep stalking them at my stores, but doubt I'll have the fortune you did!

This sale is so weird this time. I went back today to get my $$ back from the massive errors they made when checking me out and swung by the toys. I had more of a chance to really look up and down the aisles (though they had completely reset since yesterday). There was a whole aisle of things still 30-50% off...mostly the "seasonal" things like water guns and that kind of thing. But also some Elmo/Sesame Street stuff and a few other odds and ends. All of the Circo baby dolls are 30% off still. And yep...the My Generation stuff is also only 30% off and all of the dolls are gone except one. :(

I found those Rapunzel hair-braiding dolls that someone posted here (or maybe it was on my blog's Facebook page...can't remember) and thought, WOO! They weren't marked but I was sure that I would scan them and see that they were 75% off but no...they rang up full price (which was like $35...whoa!). Oh, well.

There was hardly anything left at 75% off. I didn't mind b/c I didn't really want to spend any more, but wow, was it cleared out!

I made a haul yesterday AND today! This was my first Target toy clearance experience and it was great! I don't know if it's just my Target or not but I went into mine today to pick some other things and walked by the toys and the aisles that were almost empty yesterday when I left were full of 75% toys! A lot of them were ones I saw yesterday at full price including and entire aisle of lego sets. My nephews are going to have more legos than they know what to do with! I haven't brought it in from the car yet but I know I got 2 different large HP sets, 4 large City sets and a ton of the medium size sets. Some of the medium and small sets I got rang up 90% off! And my Target was almost dead yesterday morning. I got there around 8:30 and there wasn't a soul to be seen. The markdown team actually commented that I was the first person there. 2 people showed up after I was almost done and there was still a ton of stuff left.

Ok - my post from yesterday was deleted since my laptop flaked out on me or the browser did. :( I went to 3 stores yesterday and one was not 75% off yet (the first one and the closest). So I went back today and thank goodness I did. It went 75% off today. I saw the huge shelf clearer especially eyeing legos. He took ALL of the Harry Potter Legos (the same set) that were left (about 6-7 boxes). Luckily I had gotten there before him and gotten what I needed. I saw him at another store where he did the sweeping thing too. URGH. But I am a firm believer in the the early bird catches the worm so I win some and lose some. I just hate fighting over toys and when people are really rude about it. I understand everyone's frustration.

So yesterday, I was able to get the infant toys that I wanted for 75% off. Laugh & Learn Tool Bench $6.24! Yay! Happy Dance. I will be returning the one that I bought at 30% off for $17.xx. I did a bunch of legos at 75% off and some at 50% off. The darn Toy Story legos are still 50% off. My DD is looking for the dinosaur (Rex). At first she said she didn't like Rex but every time she sees the TS3 logos on the toys, she says she loves the dinosaur. :D I picked up mostly learning toys, legos, an apron & the toy doll swing. Oh DD saw the Barbie laptop and it was like love at first sight!

I spent so much at Target that I decided to get the Red Card. Too bad I didn't make this decision earlier this week on Monday when I bought the car seat (I've spent a lot more btw baby & toys this week). Except I do get rewards on my other cards too.

Some things listed - not sure if these have been mentioned (my store has high regular prices so most areas will be much cheaper) - I omited items I know for sure have been mentioned before:

Barbie Shop Designer Boutique $6.08

Barbie Pink Laptop $12.48

Laugh & Learn Tool Bench $6.24

Laugh & Learn CD player $4.48

FP Rocking Roll Truck $4.98

Wheelies 4 piece $3.12

Playdoh Elmo Shape & Spin $6.xx

I spent so much at Target that I decided to get the Red Card. Too bad I didn't make this decision earlier this week on Monday when I bought the car seat (I've spent a lot more btw baby & toys this week). Except I do get rewards on my other cards too.

Playdoh Elmo Shape & Spin $6.xx

If your target is close by I'd go back with receipt and ask them to return/repurchase on target card. I got mildly annoyed with my closest Target again today. Everything is still strewn across aisles AND all scanners within 2 aisles were out of order. Needless to say I piled the cart full and dragged some stuff that was sitting on a shelf marked clearance and when none of it rang any discount I promptly left it right there on the floor piled as best I could. There was another lady there who actually took it up with an associate and the guy ACTUALLY told her that the 50% off sign was wrong since they went to 75% today AND that only things with clearance stickers are on sale. I advised her the other store in area is well organized and has working scanners and she kinda blew me off too, I totally would have felt her pain but I did so well yesterday and again this morning that I didn't complain.

I actually scanned the elmo shape and spin and left it since it was full price, I wonder if this is a case of them not having gone through all merchandise and will eventually either scan and system will adjust or if they'll just stay at full price? My memorable things today were a huge imaginext castle, a thomas train set, Tinkerbell jewelry box play sets, barbie sister's beauty fun(brings a doll and a vanity setup with 3 sinks/mirrors, step stool etc), some cute little boy canvas chairs w/cover to look like a bear, barbie clothing set for 1.99 and some liv dolls/accessories to go with clothes I bought yesterday. I bought an egypt themed lego set for 7.xx but left the cars red car one (also 7.xx), the boys are way too little and all the themed stuff probably won't last that long. I found an amazing toy story 3 one I was going to make an exception for but scanned 50% only.

I found boys jeans at 3.24 (-2 target coupon) and mens jeans 5.74 (-3 target coupon).

I went to another store last night and this morning and not much 75% off clearance toys left. Like the PP's said, the aisles have been pretty much reset for the most part and the remaining clearance has moved to just a few encaps with the exception of summer stuff-the pools and such. Lots of empty space at one store and completely reset at another. Wish I'd had more time at my first stop Thursday! I did manage to find a few toys marked higher than they were scanning so I was happy about that. Now to sneak it all in the house!

When I was taking the clearance stickers off my new stash I saw that some items went 30-50-75%, and others went 25-55-75%. It didn't matter to me this time because eveerything I got ended up at 75%, but I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. At my stores summer did it's normal 30-50-75-90, but last Halloween only dropped to 70% (even though the signs said 75%) before going 90% so I know they have been trying different markdown levels here. Did any stores mark down toys to 70% instead of 75%?

Did any stores mark down toys to 70% instead of 75%?

Crap, my computer deleted another message of mine. Anyways, mine went to 75% however, I noticed on regular non-semi annual clearance some stuff only went to 70% off. I read a lot of random stores in different areas only went to 70% off... so I think it depends on test store or whatever. I must admit, I live in such a high priced Target, that even with 75% off, it doesn't really beat the 70% off at a cheaper regular priced store.

If your target is close by I'd go back with receipt and ask them to return/repurchase on target card.

Urgh - stupid me, we already threw out the box. We just don't have enough space in the apt. And also it's too much of a pain with the apt and street parking to drag it back to the store. But it would have been an awesome idea if I could convince them of it. Thanks though!!! Maybe I can do that with some other really expensive stuff I bought this week.

The clearance has been quite random in some cases. I noticed that some people still have the Vtech Nitro Laptops. Those were clearanced out of my store last summer and are not back. Some people reported the Cars 2 Learn & Go item on clearance - it's still full price here. A lot of the stores are full price on the Duplo Cars 2 legos in my area... while others reported them at 75% off (lucky ducks!!!!!!!!). Also some lego sets are still full price here too.

My Generation and Sesame Street stuff is still 30% off. Also the Circo wooden puzzles are still 30% off as well. I think they are kinda new markdowns but who knows. All my stores have pretty much brought out the new stuff or in the process of bringing it out cause a lot of aisles are half empty, esp in the girls toys and the infant/toddler toys and the electronic toy aisle. The toys that are boy focused and the games were pretty full still.

Edited by junkietiger14

Urgh - stupid me, we already threw out the box.

If you have the receipt and drop by the store it may be worth asking anyhow, my store has never asked for items even though I always have them with me when swapping payments or getting coupons credited. They always tell me its easier to key in info.

Does anyone think the My Generation dolls will make it to 75%? I have a friend that really wants one for her daughter. I told her I would keep an eye out for her. I tend not to pay too much attention to the girls toys because I only have boys, so I don't know if this is something that will go all the way down or just sit where it is.

I got 2 different large HP sets, 4 large City sets and a ton of the medium size sets. Some of the medium and small sets I got rang up 90% off!

Can you list the small Lego sets you got?

I know none of my stores have put the Harry Potter Lego sets on clearance (all are still full price here - I even scanned them all again, for the third time, this afternoon), but I did finally manage to find a Knight's Kingdom Outpost set that scanned 75% off today (was not marked). So that made me happy to have finally found one.

They started consolidating the marked clearance toys to one isle at my stores, but most of the 75% off stuff was gone already. They just started marking down the summer seasonal toys (bubbles, balls, water guns, sand pails, etc.) to 30% off. I'm keeping my eye on those. Sand pails make great party favor containers. Anyone have an idea how long it'll take for those to go to 75%?

Does anyone think the My Generation dolls will make it to 75%? I have a friend that really wants one for her daughter. I told her I would keep an eye out for her. I tend not to pay too much attention to the girls toys because I only have boys, so I don't know if this is something that will go all the way down or just sit where it is.

Oh, I'm sure they WOULD make it to 75% off if they didn't all get bought before then. Considering the fact that 4 of the 5 at my store were purchased yesterday at 30% off, I'm pretty sure the one left won't make it. I haven't checked my other store to see if there are more left over there, but yeah...if I see them at 50% off I will probably buy.

ARRGGG!! I am soo jealous of all of you that got Lego sets on clearance! I put several of the sets you all have in your photos in my basket and scanned them all - but they are all still regular price here!! I've been to four Targets in a 35 mile radius of my home, and every store is the same. The only Lego sets I've seen marked down were some Toy Story3, and some small Prince of Persia sets. None of the Cars, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pirates, Atlantis, etc. seem to even be marked down at all.

I did find a couple of the Lego Robot games, but that was all that was Lego, that they had at 75% off. The Toy Story3 sets were only at 50% off (and I'm not interested in those).

I did find some of the other things you guys did, and really did well getting clearance jeans for all the kids at about $2/each (or less) using the Target coupons. (I managed to get 6-8 pairs for each of my four kids using some extra coupons I acquired.)

So, congratulations to all of you that found Lego sets 75% off - I'll keep stalking them at my stores, but doubt I'll have the fortune you did!

Just wanted to share that I too have had little luck with Legos in my area. Many times everything I scan (that others are finding for tremendous deals) comes up full price. I've been wondering if this has anything to do with location. Are Target and Lego in cahoots? I live less than an hr from Lego headquarters and subsequently the Target's I tend to visit are within that same distance. I rarely find any discount on legos, let alone 75% off. I definitely appears that some items are regional, sadly :(

But on another note, K-Mart had many lego sets on clearance that weren't even marked at the store I visited today. I quickly figured out that anything with a shelf tag ending in .00 was on clearance (about 60% off of retail or less). Was able to get several Star Wars sets, Atlantis, Kingdoms, etc. Might want to check it out if you have a store in your area :)

The store with the lower prices was actually a newer,more upscale store so I was surprised,but happy!

Yes,the DZ is for Delta Zeta (Delta chapter)

:)

They might still get cheaper rent there. Sometimes they get a bargain.

DZ here too. Been a long time....my chapter isn't there anymore (small school and membership was never huge), but it was a blast back then. :-)

Just wanted to share that I too have had little luck with Legos in my area. Many times everything I scan (that others are finding for tremendous deals) comes up full price. I've been wondering if this has anything to do with location. Are Target and Lego in cahoots? I live less than an hr from Lego headquarters and subsequently the Target's I tend to visit are within that same distance. I rarely find any discount on legos, let alone 75% off. I definitely appears that some items are regional, sadly :(

But on another note, K-Mart had many lego sets on clearance that weren't even marked at the store I visited today. I quickly figured out that anything with a shelf tag ending in .00 was on clearance (about 60% off of retail or less). Was able to get several Star Wars sets, Atlantis, Kingdoms, etc. Might want to check it out if you have a store in your area :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to dash to Kmart as soon as I can! Waiting for a friend to drop by & pick up something...hope they get here soon. From previous experience, my Kmart doesn't carry much in the Lego department, but it's always worth a shot. Where are you located?

I went to my nearest Target (Malvern, PA) again last night and did manage to find a Knights Kingdom Outpost set that scanned at 75% off last night, but the rest were still at full price.

Went back into target today just to browse over what was left and was surprised to find a couple of items that I had wanted but had not been able to find on Thursday, must have been returns or pulled from the stockroom. Also was lucky enough to find a few items still there because the price was not marked correctly. So I picked up a few more things that I did not need and am now tempted to go browse my other stores to see if there are any lost treasures :)

Still lamenting over the Lego sets...tried Kmart today, and no dice. Mine didn't have any of them marked down, or if they had some, they were gone. I tried scanning several also. Kmart did have two of the Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EFB-25 guns ($17 ea.), and 2 Nerf Ammo boxes with 100 darts in each ($13 ea.). Santa wasn't able to deliver these last year, so they were an excellent score, and I snatched them up.

Well, I'll keep checking the Lego sets at Target...if anyone else in one of the areas like mine happens to notice their Legos suddenly being on clearance - please post!

The harry potter sets I got were the burrow, the one with the spider and the one with dobby (large set, medium set, small set) HTH

BUT I was in a TX Target yesterday and none of them rang up on sale...so strange.

I got some duplo cars legos today for a bday gift for a 4yr old and the other brand "legos" in a bulldozer for $1.xx! Shrikadinks for $4.xx and the bubble blowing jet for 2.xx

Well, managed to score a few items today despite being late to the party. LOL

###086000019 VM Shrek Reel 1.12 (reg 4.49)

###086021068 Liv Doll Dress Accessory 1.48 (reg 5.99)

###08021308 Olivia Carnival Play Set 2.48 (reg 9.99)

###086022484 Angelina Ballerina Spinner 1.71 (reg 6.84)

###086080524 King Zhu Training Track 3.98 (reg 7.99)

###087000739 Yahtzee Card Game 1.48 (reg 5.99)

###087100594 Othello board game 3.74 (reg 14.99)

###204100621 Tonka Chuck the Dumptruck 3.12 (reg 12.49)

###204100759 Tonka Chuck Crane Stunt Set 7.52 (reg 30.09)

###063040890 dora hairbands and mirror set .98 (reg 3.99)

The stupid battle Zhu pets are still at 50% ... been there for a MONTH and they have a whole end cap full of them...

even with people snapping stuff up because of the "toy clearance"

I have to go back tomorrow (7/31) anyway - told my mother I would take her... so maybe they'll be at 75. If they are I'll buy a few for the nephews/nieces.

Not a clearance or sale LEGO set to be found. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow.

They did have a lot of TRON and Bakugan stuff. A few "old school" toys.

And dangit... I don't see where they gave me the 5% discount for using my Target

RedCard. WTH?! Guess I'll have to address that tomorrow also.

Question - if I see something tomorrow thats gone to a higher % off - can I get that price matched for something I bought today?? I mean, if I'm going back and have to deal with customer service anyway.. .I may as well squeeze them for those few extra dollars :yup:

the tulsa target on 71st went 75 on thursday morning on some toys, then friday i was by and they were restocking the shelves with some different toys for 75 off.. i went again today and they were pretty picked over but there was still some stuff to be had, tron stuff, bakugon stuff..

I went to the target at 71 and Lynn lane in tulsa area on thursday am and they were marking down then went the 71 and Garnett one and they must have marked down in the afternoon. When I went back Friday they were picked over but there was a lot marked 25 30 and 50 off. I scanned just to make sure.

Still lamenting over the Lego sets...tried Kmart today, and no dice. Mine didn't have any of them marked down, or if they had some, they were gone. I tried scanning several also. Kmart did have two of the Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EFB-25 guns ($17 ea.), and 2 Nerf Ammo boxes with 100 darts in each ($13 ea.). Santa wasn't able to deliver these last year, so they were an excellent score, and I snatched them up.

Well, I'll keep checking the Lego sets at Target...if anyone else in one of the areas like mine happens to notice their Legos suddenly being on clearance - please post!

Sorry that you had no luck at Kmart. I was hoping you would...but the Nerf bargain sounds great!! Oh, and to answer your previous question, I am in MA. Maybe your Target will come through!!