Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Ok, What a day. Got to Bloomingdale target at about 8:10 and thought I would be out of luck. They were just starting to really mark stuff down and not too many people were in the aisles. I grabbed the few things I really wanted then browsed until things got a bit more done. After about an hour or so they were still marking and the lady was nice enough to scan a few last things I wanted( yay) Was surprised that not everything went 75% today. Ws really bummed becuse I wanted those Generation dolls but they were only 30%. So I bought a bunch of stuff n headed over to Brandon. They were not even marking down yet, so I went around the store for a while n they finally started marking down n got a few things I really wanted. Also was bummed that they had this awesome Tangled tower toy that was only 30% as well. But, I got alot of great stuff for my son a few things for my girls n a bunch of things for random bday parties n toys for tots..

Bloomingdale target

086002620 giggle bear doodle 1.98

086021308 olivia bracelet /jewelry stand set 2.48

086022484 spinner figurine 1.71

086040132 little mommy doll 6.22

086060105 barbie lip gloss maker 4.98

087060521 iron man big figure 4.98

087060731 mighty beans cars box 4.98

087061091 toy story figurines 2.98( got 2 of these)

087061250 toy story woody figurine 3.48

087061374 toy story 3 figurines 1.98 ( got 3 of these)

087061546 itonman playset moving 9.22

087061593 phineas n pherb figurines 2.48 ( 2 of these)

087070388 transformers bumblebee playset 6.74

087070454 ncf road rip truck 3.24

087101941 glee cd board game 2.52

204030203 imaginext serpent ship 8.74 (woohoo)

204030775 toy story 3 figure 2.74

204033078 thomas boat 2.74

204033170 agent oso figures 3.87

204033171 agent oso figures 2.57 ( 2 of these)

204033172 agent oso fiure 2.54

204033218 dragon toy 3.24

204070257 thomas blocks 3.77

Brandon store

086000170 play doh burger builder 3.74

086001217 play doh fun factory 1.98

086021364 olivia playset 3.74

086022572 my little pony 3.22

086022594 dora beauty set 3.22

086060257 barbie fairy 2.74

086080726 hello kitty texters 3.74

087070273 transfotmer hot wheel cars 74 cents ( 2 of these)

204031370 imaginext robot vehicle 3.64

204033329 imaginext moon set 4.98

204090681 water table 8.74( woohoo)

My most exciting finds were the water table n Imaginext sea serpent ship! Hope every1 had happy shopping!

Some 75% off here in Malvern, PA - will have to post details later, as I'll be heading to the Exton store next. (Came home to get my coupons I forgot earlier.)

Be sure to check the board games shelf!! I found several games; Battle Ship (Build it style), Mystery Date, and Play Dough game - all were $3.24 each (or there abouts).

They did not consolidate toys at all - I had to search up and down all isles, where clearance tags were. They were all marked, but like I said, I had to search for them.

Lego sets still holding at 50% - haven't ever seen them go 75% around here, but may check back in a couple of days. None are sets my kids really want, but ds1 is a "brick master" so he always creates something other than the set is made for anyway.

Didn't see any mark down people anywhere in the area, so hope they won't be doing more markdowns later today.

Yay! Gotta go!!:cheesy:

Met some other PP at Kissimme Walmart..(Can't find you on facebook Jennifer!) Many items we had didnt go down? One thing was Chuck the talking truck, stopped at a different on enad it WAS marked down.....wondering if they gave us wrong price at first target....anyone have bounce back racers marked down 75%?

I just saw that someone did :( WIth the bounce back racers lost a good deal there, I wonder if they gave me the wrong info or the one store genuinely did not mark it down?

Edited by Momof2cassie
saw info

This year was CRAZY. It seems like no stores (or very few) had it all consolodated and I think that made it a hot mess. Not only for shoppers for for the markdown teams, too. They had to go up and down every aisle and it seemed like they were missing things left and right. It was hard for me with my two kids to get around and look for everything I wanted. (Though I got plenty and am happy with my finds...it was just a lot more work than normal and I know I missed things b/c I was wandering other aisles).

Here is the rest of what I got:

Tangled Rapunzel doll...hair changes color: $5.48 (my BEST find...it was marked at 30% off and scanned at 75% off)

Stickadoodle small set: $1.24

Disney Princess Glitter Ball: $1.38

Camp Light Set: $2.48

Stretchy Lizards: $.84 each

Glamour Rings (giant jewel rings...got them for birthday party goodie bags): $.74 each

Moon Sand two-pack: $1.67

Moon Dough Big set: $2.62

Disney Dress up Necklace Set: $1.24

Tranantulas (they move, but not remote control): $2.48

Road Ripper Set: $3.24

Othello game: $3.94

Square Up game: $5.34

Disney Princess tub of games/puzzles: $3.74

Toy Story Legos: $10.37

Big Dragon thing: $4.98

Oh, and a reminder to CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS! Just now looking through I saw that one item rang up full price (A strawberry shortcake item) and another item also rang up full price and I had her correct it, but instead of correcting it she charged me twice for it. I *knew* my total seemed really high.

can somebody here please help me.. at out Target store did not have much selection for girls in 75 % clearance

I have boys, boys friends are boys too.. so dont have to shop for girls a lot..

what should i buy for 3 yr old girl and 6 yrs old girl

They had few barbie, babies with accessories .. some ice cream decoration kits (anybody use those??) and coloring, rings makiing..

but since the 6 yr old sister will already have these thigns can not buy basic things like it..

please suggest.. another point is we r meeting them in diff city so i have to carry that in my carry on luggage.. so something neat n good one

any help appreciated..

can somebody here please help me.. at out Target store did not have much selection for girls in 75 % clearance

I have boys, boys friends are boys too.. so dont have to shop for girls a lot..

what should i buy for 3 yr old girl and 6 yrs old girl

They had few barbie, babies with accessories .. some ice cream decoration kits (anybody use those??) and coloring, rings makiing..

but since the 6 yr old sister will already have these thigns can not buy basic things like it..

please suggest.. another point is we r meeting them in diff city so i have to carry that in my carry on luggage.. so something neat n good one

any help appreciated..

any little petshop or strawberry shortcake items, Polly Pockets or My lil ponies might be good

Anything Dora for the 3 year old. Barbie or Princess stuff is always a hit. I had an 8 year old girl to buy for so I got her one of the cake making things. I don't know that her dad will love it but I know she will ;)

Ok so I bought a Leapster 2 for 12.48. It was the ONLY one I saw at all 3 stores I went to. I then come home to find a Target coupon for $5 off the Leapster 2. DO you think Target will let me refund it then buy the same thing again with the coupon?

jhhendon7, "Rumbling Chuck Truck- 42.49 Marked down to 10.62, had a $5 coupon, Paid: 5.62"

Where did you get the coupon???

I actually got it in the Chuck DVD that I bought at one store, then I went to a different Target and used it to by the Rumbling Chuck.

any little petshop or strawberry shortcake items, Polly Pockets or My lil ponies might be good

I agree or maybe a furreal friends furry frenzies city if you find one? My store had them marked down to somewhere between 6-10 and I thought it'd be cute but I already have plenty of girl stuff and it's a big box. For the older one maybe the moxie artitude 3d design kit it was 4.98 at my store. I think the my littlest petshop and barbies go over well and were slightly cheaper if you can find any. I got 2 MLP sets 1 had 2 animals and stuff and the other had just one animal with stuff but at 2.xx I couldn't leave it. They don't take up much space and make an easy gift.

I actually got it in the Chuck DVD that I bought at one store, then I went to a different Target and used it to by the Rumbling Chuck.

hmm...thats an idea for later/tomorrow. Store this am didn't have any dvd's, I wonder if I can get online if I can't find at another target.

Anything Dora for the 3 year old. Barbie or Princess stuff is always a hit. I had an 8 year old girl to buy for so I got her one of the cake making things. I don't know that her dad will love it but I know she will ;)

Ok so I bought a Leapster 2 for 12.48. It was the ONLY one I saw at all 3 stores I went to. I then come home to find a Target coupon for $5 off the Leapster 2. DO you think Target will let me refund it then buy the same thing again with the coupon?

Target should take coupon at customer service if you go back today with receipt. Did anyone who waited around notice if the dora travel accesories kit went down to 75%? My store had a kit with like hair dryer/curler etc but I didn't need so didn't check price. I saw a princesses one weeks ago and thought it'd be perfect but was full price, dora was marked at 30% but they hadn't finished marking when I left

Edited by tinkrbel
add

Does anyone know if there was a recall on this http://www.target.com/Mega-Bloks-Wagon/dp/B00005QX3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=mega%20blocks%20wagon&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-1&qid=1311882462&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Mega%20Bloks%20Wagon&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

I found one in the clearance isle today (was 75% off, I believe like $7.xx), was very excited about it, and was purchasing it and the man at the register told me it was recalled and wouldnt sell it to me. I havent been able to find anything online about this and am starting to think he lied to me, just to set it aside and purchase it himself.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/trishaark/001.jpg

###087070454 Road Rippers $3.88

###204033223 Fisher Price Dragon Fortress $12.48

###087071501 Hot Wheels Rev Tredz $2.38

###204021008 Zing Shot Launcher $2.54

###204030040 Buzz Lightyear Learn & Go $4.32

###087070387 Transformer Megatron $3.74

###087020455 Prehistoric Pets $2.48

###087110132 Ultimate Rapid Blast $2.98

###204021005 Z-Curve Bow $5.07

###087061864 Halo Warthog $7.48

###087071899 Hot Wheels Speed Cycles $1.04

~~~~

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/trishaark/002.jpg

###086000866 Moon Sand Sweet Delights $1.72

###086022568 MLP Royal Carriage $2.98

###086060356 Barbie A Fairy Secret $3.22

###086000865 Moon Sand $1.67

###086022560 Littlest Pet Shop Festive Friends $4.24

###204120010 Glitzy Ring $0.74

###086050422 Pink/Purple Boa $1.74

~~~~

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/trishaark/003.jpg

###086001195 Etch A Sketch $3.17

###204020290 Backyard Safari Sets $2.48

###204020506 Gazillion Bubbles $0.98

Edited by love a deal

I don't see anything either but I think if something is under recall the register shows a message. I'd call the store and ask to speak to manager about it and give them info from receipt, they should be able to verify who cashier was etc if indeed they lied to you. For future cases, I think all the recalls are posted at customer service not sure how far back though. Mega website doesn't show any blok products being recalled.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/077.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/072.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/089.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/084.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/088.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/082.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/kimpooh19/085.jpg

I don't see anything either but I think if something is under recall the register shows a message. I'd call the store and ask to speak to manager about it and give them info from receipt, they should be able to verify who cashier was etc if indeed they lied to you. For future cases, I think all the recalls are posted at customer service not sure how far back though. Mega website doesn't show any blok products being recalled.

See thats the thing, the guy at the register didnt even scan it in order for it to show up in the system, he just took it right off the belt and put it under the register, and told me he couldnt sell it to me :( If I wasnt so taken back I should have asked for proof, like for him to show me what he has saying its on recall, but I didnt, and im regretting it big time, because I was really excited about that item. Bummer!

Im tempted to call and complain, but I dont know what they can do for me at this point because im sure there are none left.

Was first one into the first store. Found out they marked down yesterday. Spent $9.xx there. Went to two others which were marking down today. Got some good stuff. All in the car and can't remember what. More than I needed.

Im tempted to call and complain, but I dont know what they can do for me at this point because im sure there are none left.

If someone had done that to me without scanning I would have just been plain pissed. I would have asked for it back and walked straight over to CS or even leave it there and check with CS after the case if it was something I was really interested in. I know we're all out for a deal and the employees may feel slighted/left out because they don't have the chance to get great deals but that's no excuse for that kind of behavior.

If you checked out other stuff with same person they can verify what he did with it by asking or even checking video. If he bought it later they can possibly make him return it so you could purchase it. Also, you could argue that as you were unable to purchase due to rep they should offer you something similar at same price. If you didn't check out with him but still have his name and rough time/checkout they should still be able to track him down.

At the absolute very least you should call so that this person gets disciplined so that it doesn't happen to someone else.

Got some good stuff. All in the car and can't remember what. More than I needed.

The understatement of the year for me :) I called my mom so she could tell her friend about the sale and she instinctively says " You didn't buy anything did you?" I responded with "not much" in a very sarcastic tone then called my bff in case she wanted to drop by before work. I feel bad for her since she never stocks up on stuff and always winds up getting kids on her xmas list generic toys from walgreens since it's convenient for her(works there).

My father didn't know whether to be upset or proud as he helped me take stuff out of the car, it's nice to be able to give kids nice toys without breaking the budget. My target card saved me an additional $7 over clearance prices :) Now I'm off to take a picture, catalog and find somewhere to store it all.

Don't forget, some of the tonka bounceback racers have $5 off peelies on them. Tis makes the 3.XX. I

think I saw one still on the box in someones pic :)

Ugh..yes. I'm sure that was mine. I saw that when I got home. If I think about it tomorrow, I will take the coupon back up there with the receipt. I'm too tired today, lol. We went to 5 Targets. My retail value was $1350.11. My oop was 353.41. Saved $996.70 :D

was the tangled barbies marked down before the sale? if so, I guess we didn't have any of those. No Barbies at ours, hmm

No, we followed the people around until they marked them down. I actually picked those up for a friend of mine..that was the only thing she really wanted

Was first one into the first store. Found out they marked down yesterday. Spent $9.xx there. Went to two others which were marking down today. Got some good stuff. All in the car and can't remember what. More than I needed.

:yup: Sounds like my story, but I was able to stop at 2 stores. I wanted to go to another, but I was able to convince myself that we don't need more. I got the 2 things I really wanted (wooden Circo train track and Hello Kitty texters), and a few extras. Here are some I haven't seen listed yet:

####086022550 LIV School Break dolls 3.48

####087050184 Air Hogs Zero Gravity car 6.24

####087060550 Mighty Beans Light Saber 2.48

####087101848 Nab It! game 3.48

####204000499 Lego Kingdoms Outpost Attack set 4.98

####Tangram set (can't remember what it's called) 4.xx

They were working on marking things down when I got to the second store. It was scattered all throughout the aisles. I saw a clearance shelf tag under a Lego Star Wars ship (Millenium Falcon?), but weren't any stickers on the box so I thought that it was in the wrong place and left it alone. A while later I started following the markdown team down the Lego aisle. I saw them red sticker 2 sets, the Star Wars set was one of them. There were 2 markdown carts, my cart, and another women coming down the aisle the other way. I picked up the set closest to me and politely stepped aside so the other woman could get past me, but she stopped right in front of the Lego set I was headed for, picked it up, and asked the boy in her cart if he would like to have it. He did. See what I get for being polite, LOL? So we started at opposite ends of the Lego aisle, 2 sets got marked down, and we each got 1. I guess I can't complain too much. After that I really wanted to try another store, but I already have plenty of toys stockpiled for my kids and their friends (at least a year's worth) so I was a good girl and came back home.

lake elsinore target had lots of stuff this morning... TONS of legos!

Murrieta target was almost finished marking down. They had some items at only 30-50% off that lake elsinore had at 75%. Worker told me all 75% off was already scanned.

Temecula target had the least... but most of the clearnace was 75% off

Tangled doll was 75% in lake elsnore and regular price at both other stores. Generation dolls and set were 30% off and possibly 50% off at LE store. I felt all stores had more toys geared to boys... I wish I had boys (so many legos)

*** how do I put a picture on here... so I can show you what I got?***

The understatement of the year for me :) I called my mom so she could tell her friend about the sale and she instinctively says " You didn't buy anything did you?" I responded with "not much" in a very sarcastic tone QUOTE]

I dont even tell my mother anymore... I dont want to hear it! LOL

lake elsinore target had lots of stuff this morning... TONS of legos!

Murrieta target was almost finished marking down. They had some items at only 30-50% off that lake elsinore had at 75%. Worker told me all 75% off was already scanned.

Temecula target had the least... but most of the clearnace was 75% off

Tangled doll was 75% in lake elsnore and regular price at both other stores. Generation dolls and set were 30% off and possibly 50% off at LE store. I felt all stores had more toys geared to boys... I wish I had boys (so many legos)

*** how do I put a picture on here... so I can show you what I got?***

I uploaded mine to Photobucket and copied the img and pasted here..I think it was the last one out of the 4 options to share

Went to the Target @ Carrollwood - everything was scattered. The people there said that they were there at 5 am and whats marked down it's what you see. There was not much stuff. Sent my SIL to go to Wesley Chapel Target and I will hit the other one on my way home.

Let me know how that one is and also the lutz north Dale Mabry one is

I was at Glenbrook at 8:03 and was basically "late" but I got just about everything I wanted anyway. I knew Stellhorn wouldn't have anything so I high-tailed it to Jefferson Pointe and picked up the rest of the things I wanted.

I feel sorry for those people who can't be there right at opening-you really don't get much of a chance of you're not.

ETA: Funny that things were cheaper at the Orchard Crossing (original price and 75% off) store!

We probably walked right past each other, I started at Glenbrook, but was done by 8:15. Headed to Jeff Pt and snagged a few more Legos and finished off at Stellhorn (where I did my non-Lego shopping, Legos were main priority). Stellhorn was the most picked over by far(as always), but still found a few little things for my DD. Like a big gaudy "diamond" ring to finish off her bridal apparel for Halloween :P

Just take the coupon and the receipt to the returns desk and tell them you forgot to use your coupon. They will just give you the $5 back in cash. At least that is what they did for me last week when I forgot to use my Rango coupon.