Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

The Blaine, MN store had an additional 30% off clearance clothing in men's and women's and also had the Little People Discovery Airport for 75% off. It made it $9.98. I know what my nephews are getting for Chrstimas next year! I also picked up one for my son due in March, but might just give it to my daughter since she plays with the one they have at the church nursery.

WHAT?!?! Grrr, now I feel like I NEED to make a Target run but I don't really want to leave the house again or waste the gas if they aren't being marked at my store. Anyone else saw 75% off toys today?

Only a handful of things and it seems to vary from store to store. This NOT the big markdown.

I went to another store today and got a couple of things I was really happy about. There were 4 packs of plastic (reusable, dishwasher safe) silver plates for $.19/pack. I got 6 packs of those to use at parties instead of paper plates. B/c really at that price they are cheaper than paper plates and you can throw them in the dishwasher! Also found another book and a CD.

They were marking toys to 50% off today, which I take as a good sign that the big markdown will happen next Thursday (as opposed to Friday). There is nothing I wanted for 50%, so I'm holding out!

If they are marking most things 50% off today, then that would mean 2 weeks more for the big markdown day. Our stores were not marking much, so hard to say for sure. But we should be ready for either week if possible.

90% off in Stongsville today (maybe it went yesterday - I didn't check). Pretty small selection - part of the back wall and an endcap near automotive. I was hoping to find tape, goldfish, books, and PJs but no luck. I did find cookies w/ icing (.99), cookie cutters (.69), Wonka exceptionals peppermint shortbread (.29), Wonka sweet-tart book (.??), 20-ct goodie bags (.19), Dora sticker book (.29?), and - in the regular aisle - pop-up tape dispensers (.20) and refills (.20). There were still some onaments, stocking, candy canes and ribbons left but we don't need them. It was surprisingly well organized and there weren't a bunch of broken/open things laying around.

If they are marking most things 50% off today, then that would mean 2 weeks more for the big markdown day. Our stores were not marking much, so hard to say for sure. But we should be ready for either week if possible.

Is it just me or does this week seem too soon? Is there a list of past dates around anywhere?

Heads up on the Wilton round package of 10 cookie cutters...I got one for 90% (reg. 9.99) and was VERY disappointed in them. They are horrible...and I expect more from the wilton brand... I honestly thought about taking them back even though I only paid 0.99 (which is 0.09/per cutter) I had to bend alot of them into shape and they are so thin I was scared they were going to actually BREAK ...I did calm down and realize if they work ONCE they are worth the 0.09. I have GOOD hand me down cookie cutters and the larger Wilton cutters with rubber on the outside so maybe I am just spoiled but if I would have paid 9.99 or even 50% off for them they would have gone back in a heartbeat!

Amybeth, which targets did you go to? anything good 75% off?

I live on the southside, so I stopped by the Southport Rd Target store. All that I saw marked down to 75% off was the Paperoni Deluxe Studio set, a few Thomas trains, and maybe an infant toy or two. So pretty much what I found at 75% were the same items that others are finding at 75% off. There are currently two full aisles of toy clearance, so I'm not sure how that equates with how your stores are looking like. I stalked the July clearance last year for the very first time, and was pleased with being able to buy toys for my two kids, as well as my nieces for their birthdays and Christmas. I will say that there have been a few times in the past year or so that I have seen someone post here that they have found something incredible at 75% off (like the camera we bought, thanks to whoever posted about it this past spring), and have found the stores on the northside/westside to have had the item in stock, whereas Southport Rd. and Greenwood were long gone....One thing I'm interested in is the Playmobil, but the Southport Rd store only has a few of the mermaid sets left marked down (I think) to 50%. I wonder if any of the other Indy stores have more of a Playmobil selection. I'm thinking I will have to make a trip to the northside or the westside soon! ;)

One thing I did notice today in the clearance aisles was two or three varieties of air hockey-type tables. Also saw a good dozen boxes of electronic dartboards. These were marked at 30% still. Has anyone seen this in their toy clearance? Sorry I didn't write down the numbers....I wonder if anyone has a thought on if this might get marked down further?

Is it just me or does this week seem too soon? Is there a list of past dates around anywhere?

Here are my store dates for the last 3 years...

Toys 08

Jan. 10th, 2008 = 75%

Toys 09

Jan. 15th, 2009 = 75% on MOST toys some still 30-50%

Jan. 29th, 2009 = 75% on remaining toys

Toys 10

Jan. 15th, 2010 = 75% (Friday)

Yes, it does. Every year we get worked up and expect it a week sooner than it really happens. However, it happened the 14th/15th last year. 2009 it was the 29th/30th. 2008 it was the 9th/10th. So, it is hard to say. I think next week is a good possibility. Hoping.

HOpe you don't mind me chiming in too! :)

I appreciate your imput! :)

They had one aisle blocked off they were stocking shelves with the clearance stuff so I couldn't get down there. Mostly everything was still 30-50 in the next aisle but lots of moving and stuff in carts.

So I wonder what they were doing? Do you think they were just consolidating the clearance???

Haven't seen this posted yet.... I found these in with the regular socks today for $1.29. Paul Frank is the name on the tag, and these are regularly $12.99. Had a bit of fun just browsing around the aisles. Didn't spend more than 30 seconds in the c-mas aisle... just a lot of broken crap in the stores I was in. I found a few books, some paper plates, napkins and a few more bags of goldfish.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mJbOHi8dy_Gg-OODt8aJ-Ng/140.jpg

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/m/m0FYEo6XX4QWQSSk1G5lk1w/140.jpg

Wow. Great find. I have a couple of girls on my Christmas list every year that would LOVE those. Now, if I could just find them around here... ;)

I specifically remember last year thinking it wasn't going to happen b/c so much was still 30% off and/or had only been marked the week before. But then sure enough, it happened and lots of toys went straight from 30% to 75%. I, too, am having doubts about whether it will go down next week, but I will be checking for sure because I think it's entirely possible.

I appreciate your imput! :)

So I wonder what they were doing? Do you think they were just consolidating the clearance???

I think they were just moving it all together and scanning everything as they put it back on the shelf. Not sure if they had it all moved yet or not. I know the Avon store has most of theirs consolidated into a couple aisles and I did see a hockey table up at the Nora Store. I know I have seen them in the past go 75%. We have never had room for one before but I would like to pick one up now myself so probably won't be able to get one.

I haven't posted much, but I appreciate all the info provided. I would keep checking for the 75% toys,. Today I was at two Targets in The Milwaukee area, one was 30%-50% but the other

was 75% on a lot of toys, I was really surprised. I saw Polly Pockets, star wars, Circo wood train track, Pet shop, Monopoly game, Match box sets, Bakugan storage cases, Bratz dolls, and quite

a few more. So maybe your stores will be earlier this year

I saw the Bigfoot "doll" 75% off at one of my Targets today. $21.xx. They had tons, so that may be why they marked it down. The Cars Christmas set was 75% off too - $9.xx. Aside from some other things mentioned already, everything else was 30-50%.

I live on the southside, so I stopped by the Southport Rd Target store. All that I saw marked down to 75% off was the Paperoni Deluxe Studio set, a few Thomas trains, and maybe an infant toy or two. So pretty much what I found at 75% were the same items that others are finding at 75% off. There are currently two full aisles of toy clearance, so I'm not sure how that equates with how your stores are looking like. I stalked the July clearance last year for the very first time, and was pleased with being able to buy toys for my two kids, as well as my nieces for their birthdays and Christmas. I will say that there have been a few times in the past year or so that I have seen someone post here that they have found something incredible at 75% off (like the camera we bought, thanks to whoever posted about it this past spring), and have found the stores on the northside/westside to have had the item in stock, whereas Southport Rd. and Greenwood were long gone....One thing I'm interested in is the Playmobil, but the Southport Rd store only has a few of the mermaid sets left marked down (I think) to 50%. I wonder if any of the other Indy stores have more of a Playmobil selection. I'm thinking I will have to make a trip to the northside or the westside soon! ;)

One thing I did notice today in the clearance aisles was two or three varieties of air hockey-type tables. Also saw a good dozen boxes of electronic dartboards. These were marked at 30% still. Has anyone seen this in their toy clearance? Sorry I didn't write down the numbers....I wonder if anyone has a thought on if this might get marked down further?

Playmobil is the BEST line of toys. Our Target didn't not carry any after the big summer clearance though. :(

I haven't seen this mentioned yet. I found Little Debbie Cherry Cordial treats for $0.16. They were mixed in with the Valentine's Day Little Debbie snacks. I went through the register and was shocked when they rang up that price. I went back and got 4 more boxes to freeze for future lunches. Plenty left at the Western Hills Cincinnati Location.

Just got back and did pretty well with the 90% off. Found a few stashes I think. They weren't hidden very well, so I figured they were up for grabs. Got a reindeer piggy bank, Grinch Sleep Shorts, Table Cloth, Fa la la la latte ornament, Box of ornaments, found holiday shaped goldfish in the regular aisle that rang .34 each, bubble tape, skittles, puppy PJ's, scotch paper cutters, brownie mix, snowflake packing tape, 6 language translator, Ornament hooks, Light Clips, and one of those crayola color wonder packs that someone mentioned earlier. They had several gingerbread house kits, tons of ornaments, Tree stands, stockings, stocking hangers, baby outfits, moon sand, and a few misc things. Didn't check yesterday so not sure if it just went 90% but there was still a fairly decent selection. I almost wasn't going to bother, glad I did!

Oh I forgot I also found two of the Paul Frank Slipper Socks for $1.29 each.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet. I found Little Debbie Cherry Cordial treats for $0.16. They were mixed in with the Valentine's Day Little Debbie snacks. I went through the register and was shocked when they rang up that price. I went back and got 4 more boxes to freeze for future lunches. Plenty left at the Western Hills Cincinnati Location.

I use to live in Bridgetown and then in Delhi a very long time ago! :D

So I am totally addicted because I overslept again and couldn't get out before DH had to leave for work - so I ended up bundling up both kids - one in stroller, one in the baby carrier and walked to the closest Target. At least it was above freezing today (36 degrees). I searched high and low for more N&N PJs and nothing - the cashier bought the rest (she thanked me today - no prob) but even worse, I kinda wanted the flannel sets and couldn't find thoses anywhere and then, I see 2 people retrieving their hidden stash. :smart: URGH - I should have been smarter and hid something. They had 1 of the queen size flannel sets. Happy for them, but sad for me.

$1.99 for a set would have been hot. Is there a difference btw the more expensive flannel sheet sets and these kinds that Target has? Is there such thing as a softer flannel sheet set?

All I was able to find was a lonely Carter's bid in the 90% off section which has been pretty much depleted down and taken apart. Wrapping paper was the most abundant item. I saw Axe sets at 75% off but I had no coupons. I also got some of the individual Xmas men's boxers that were $0.79. Without the boxer, it would have been a dud trip.

Toy clearance - a few were 50% off, but most were only 30% off and I scanned them just to check. All the Thomas' were still 30% off. Not much left. How much is that Little Mommy thing, any one see this? DD would love it. She just really got into her doll this week - helping her take a bath, changing diaper (using her own clean ones) etc. It was too heavy for me to scan with the baby carrier on me and a stroller to watch. But this store was really low in clearance toys. I hope to be able to drive to the bigger ones. The aisles are SOO narrow now that they added the expanded grocery section.

S...- so I ended up bundling up both kids - one in stroller, one in the baby carrier and walked to the closest Target. At least it was above freezing today (36 degrees). .

Now, THAT is dedication!! Even if all you found was a bib, at least you got some fresh air and exercise, eh?

I couldnt believe the items I found today at 90% off. Thanks for the heads up about the tape, I found several of the green packs in the regular section. Oh and the mighty beanz too in the regular toy aisle for .29! The store nearest me finally went 90% today and the employees were carting out all the good stuff to their cars when I got there at 9:00. One of the perks of working there I guess! Lucky them. I did find a ton of Xmas Cd's for 90%, I about fell in the aisle when they scanned at .69-.99! I got Faith Hill and Taylor Swift. Then I stopped back by one I visited yesterday and they had put a bunch more stuff out, lights and Lego lights. Check in the regular baking aisle for the Nestle chocolate/mint morsels, they were ringing for .25 a bag! I checked the toys while I was there, the Legos had dropped to 30-50%. I did find TS Buzz Lightyear that was orig. $99 for $25 and Star Wars figures 75% as well as Bakugan and some Paperoni that was already mentioned. Lots of Polly Pockets too, but I only have boys.:)

I will say you guys got some great items, there was stuff at ours but not terriffic stuff. I would love to have found some CD's, there weren't even there at 75%, no goldfish, no cookies, no candy (that was gone early on), I did find the tapes but only single packs-still would of loved a cutter, I did find two lonely toys (my kids are 14 and 15) that were for me (I collect dolls) but nothing really spectacular (no lights or outside decorations what so ever even at 75%) I guess our store did well in pre ordering, I did see the flannel sheets at 50% but none at 75% nor dishes/towels etc.

The Air hockey tables and dart boards do get markdown... i bought both at 75% off last year... just keep watching the inventory though... my store has far less this year...

I got 10 bags of the gold fish. I found white chocolate covered oreo boxes of 12 cookies for .27 got 10 boxes! Also the keebler ginger bread and jingle bell cookies are .20 a box got 3. And ginger bread poptarts .30 a box bought 1. But all the pjs by me are still only 30% and so are the toys.

Just got back and did pretty well with the 90% off. Found a few stashes I think. They weren't hidden very well, so I figured they were up for grabs. Got a reindeer piggy bank, Grinch Sleep Shorts, Table Cloth, Fa la la la latte ornament, Box of ornaments, found holiday shaped goldfish in the regular aisle that rang .34 each, bubble tape, skittles, puppy PJ's, scotch paper cutters, brownie mix, snowflake packing tape, 6 language translator, Ornament hooks, Light Clips, and one of those crayola color wonder packs that someone mentioned earlier. They had several gingerbread house kits, tons of ornaments, Tree stands, stockings, stocking hangers, baby outfits, moon sand, and a few misc things. Didn't check yesterday so not sure if it just went 90% but there was still a fairly decent selection. I almost wasn't going to bother, glad I did!

Oh I forgot I also found two of the Paul Frank Slipper Socks for $1.29 each.

Wow, you really found a lot! I see that you're also from Illinois. What Target do you shop at??? :)

Can I say I dislike Targets new bags :(

Do you mean trash bags? Ziplocs?? I have a stockpile of the old Target trash bags so have not tried the "up and up" ones yet. I used to use Target's toilet paper, but then they changed it and it was awful so wouldn't surprise me if something else "new" isn't "better."