Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Rockaway, NJ still 75%.............I was so excited to be the first one in the store this AM. I keep a xmas UPC with me so went to the nearest scanner as soon as I was in the store and my jaw literally dropped. Could not believe they're still at 75%- they went 75% on Dec 29.

Did stop by Wash. Twnshp, NJ Target on my way home from work yesterday and they had already gone 90%. Picked up some of the 50 packs of xmas balls, cards and a few knick knacks. Stopped by again this morning after Rockaway disappointment. Shocked to find 6 packs of Philips LED warm white xmas lights- 1.19 each. Bought all 6. They still have an decent assortment of xmas cards- religious and non-religious ranging in price from 49 cents- 1.50. Still a good amount of the 50 packs of xmas balls for 1.50 and the tubes of xmas balls (maybe 8 or 9 in there) for 50 cents, some ornaments and candy but not much worthwhile.

Thank you, you saved me a trip. I was planning to stop by on my way home today at Rockaway.

90% at my store this morning!! Found 3 packs of scotch tape for .30 each in the regular isle (green pack that says $5 off and bonus 150 inches). After I got 9 there were still about 20 left!! They also had the single rolls for .20 (green and purple they say something about bonus inches) There were also pop up dispensers there for .20 (silver with a little gift in one of the corners). I also found the cocoa goldfish in their regular isle for .21. My DD loaded up 6 bags of them and said that was enough, so we left 7 bags. Sadly all the aluminum foil that was in the regular isle was gone :(. I was so hoping that it would still be there at 90% and I was going to clean up, but it looks like someone else decided to get it all at 75%. Oh well though I got some at 75%. While i was there I also noticed that they were rearranging toys. I asked the girl if they were marking down today since they're usually a Thursday store, but she said that they were just rearranging. I probably should have spent more time looking in that section but DD kept getting distracted and wouldn't come on.

North DFW 90% today.

Found "Gift Wrap Essentials" packs in the stationery department. Purple background and contains 1 tape dispenser; 2 refill rolls and 1 cutter for .90 originally 9.00. Also found the packing take with the snowmen on them in the regular isle. They rang up .39 each.

Rowlett Target had lots left and signs still read 75%, but everything was ringing 90% off.

Found the boxers (3pk) for .99 and some of the seasonal tins that contain a pair of boxers (Family Guy, The Christmas Story, etc) ringing 90% off too.

My Targets are doing a much better job this year of cleaning out the regular isles and getting all the seasonal on the sale shelf. I did score a pack of Dixie plates with Penguins for .29 that had been placed in with the regular stock.

I think living 2 hours from Target might give me a nervous breakdown. What state do you live in?

LOL! Yes, it has been the most difficult part of my moving transition. I am in Arkansas and live 2 hours south of the Little Rock stores and 2 hours north of the Louisiana stores. It is a challenge. However, going to Target now is such an exciting event that I almost hyperventilate when I walk through the doors. :)

I came across an incredible 75% off find today:

### 072 04 0136 - Ninja™ NJ600 Professional Blender - was 99.99 now $24.98

Here is a link to the item online at Target.com:

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=ninja+bglender+&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1

I am hoping they are on clearance where you are.

I swear by the Ninja products and am thrilled to have found this!!!

:)

90% in DFW (Collin County area). Lots of ornaments, stockings, cards, and bows. Almost nothing in the way of lights, decor, gift box items, or candy. Didn't find any secret stashes of tape, but got a lifetime supply last year. No real exciting scores, but I had fun anyway, everyone was really nice. I mostly bought what I wanted at 75% because I figured it would be gone by 90%, and boy was I right!

Here are more "secret"/misplaced things to look for besides tape:

In the regular candy aisle, look for bags with bows or holiday decor printed on them, especially Dove, Hershey's, Lindt.

In the electrical aisle, look for white extension cords and light timers in red and green packaging that say "holiday".

Things to be aware of that aren't rigning up 90%:

Wrapping paper, tissue, and bags where the packaging says "celebrate" instead of "holiday", even if it seems like holiday prints (solid red and green, silver snowflakes, "joy" print, etc); this is misplaced from the wrapping paper aisle and is only ringing up 30%.

A lot of clothing, flannel sheets, stationery items with Christmas themes is ringing 30% or even full price.

Home decor items from the floral aisle are ringing 75%, not 90%

So when in doubt, scan EVERYTHING, or be prepared to argue your case!

38th street in Indy on the west side signed 75 off but ringing 90! I got a few things, not much left and didn't have time to go through the single ornaments. Did find the fudge covered ritz, 2 boxes of Christmas Goldfish and FINALLY a PAIR of the scissors. WOOOOOHOOOO! I was too excited about the scissors! :) Went to the Castleton store as well and got some ornaments cheap for my daughter's trees they plan to put in their rooms and some cards. not much left but candy canes and plain stockings! Still haven't found the goldfish in the bags everyone else is finding! Bummer!

90% in Western MA! Finally! I spent $30 and saved $255!

Some of the things I bought:

###040-031-484 - 3 pack boxers - 0.99

###049-033-837 - Polar Express book - $1.89

###070-060-426 - 6 cavity mini cakes pan - 0.89

###002-101-003 - 12 piece BBQ set - $1.99

other things - mighty beans, tape, wrapping paper, bags, cards, 3 way charger, kitchen towels, potholders, cat toys, candy, books, scissors, flags, cake mix, etc!

Edited by Katie811

Rockaway, NJ still 75%.............I was so excited to be the first one in the store this AM. I keep a xmas UPC with me so went to the nearest scanner as soon as I was in the store and my jaw literally dropped. Could not believe they're still at 75%- they went 75% on Dec 29.

Did stop by Wash. Twnshp, NJ Target on my way home from work yesterday and they had already gone 90%. Picked up some of the 50 packs of xmas balls, cards and a few knick knacks. Stopped by again this morning after Rockaway disappointment. Shocked to find 6 packs of Philips LED warm white xmas lights- 1.19 each. Bought all 6. They still have an decent assortment of xmas cards- religious and non-religious ranging in price from 49 cents- 1.50. Still a good amount of the 50 packs of xmas balls for 1.50 and the tubes of xmas balls (maybe 8 or 9 in there) for 50 cents, some ornaments and candy but not much worthwhile.

Do they have any lights left in Rockaway? I was there on Sat. and they had a decent amount. I'm not going to bother with 90%...if it even happens...if the lights are all gone.

Do any of you Northern, NJ shoppers remember when toys went 75% last year...was it a Wednesday or a Thursday?

90% in St. Louis. I didn't really find that much! Lots of stockings, and ball ornaments, and Christmas cards but nothing too great. Hope someone else finds better! :)

Baby stuff has TONS of clearance. Most is still 30%, but there is lots!!

Do they have any lights left in Rockaway? I was there on Sat. and they had a decent amount. I'm not going to bother with 90%...if it even happens...if the lights are all gone.

Do any of you Northern, NJ shoppers remember when toys went 75% last year...was it a Wednesday or a Thursday?

Rockaway has a few of the pink Philips LED ones. I did see one package of white round ball-ish ones- not Philips but the other cheaper sets. It was there this morning but doubt it will still be there when it hits 90......whenever that is.

I thought some toys went 75% mid-January but it was mostly crappy toys. I think the better toys went 75% later in January last year and I think it was a Thursday.

90% off at my Target even thought signs showed 75% & 50%. Not much left. Did get a couple of things, including tape, mighty beans 3 pack, and a tree topper. My favorite find was the Olivia Christmas book for 1.69. My daughter's name is Olivia.

### 059033868 Olivia Christmas Book $1.69 (90% off)

### 087062233 Mighty Beanz 3 pack $.29 (90% off)

### 051064028 Tree Topper $2.00 (90% off)

so went in to return some items and was a couple of people behind a lady returning LED lights, nice ones. Guess what, they gave her back what was on her receipt! I am pretty sure these weren't around for 50% but even if they were, definitely not 75% and today it was 90%. So when I got up there, I ask them and they told me whatever your receipt shows is what we give back. So I looked at the back of my new receipt from today and it no longer states anything about clearance or seasonal items which may of changed awhile ago since I don't generally look at it. Wow, when that change happen, they have always told me that it was present price for seasonal. Man, you could buy before holiday on the chance that you will find the item at least 50% off and buy/return with higher receipt. Do you think they have changed their policies without us catching on LOL

Oh, I went back up to CS after checking out and asked if I could look/buy the lights that were returned and he said that everything has to go out on the floor first, well I can't follow them around LOL but has that always been a policy?

BTW, I didn't see her receipt so maybe they returned at the lower price but I can't see the lady letting go of the lights and only getting 10% back but then again maybe she wasn't paying attention

Edited by Stowasser

so went in to return some items and was a couple of people behind a lady returning LED lights, nice ones. Guess what, they gave her back what was on her receipt! I am pretty sure these weren't around for 50% but even if they were, definitely not 75% and today it was 90%. So when I got up there, I ask them and they told me whatever your receipt shows is what we give back. So I looked at the back of my new receipt from today and it no longer states anything about clearance or seasonal items which may of changed awhile ago since I don't generally look at it. Wow, when that change happen, they have always told me that it was present price for seasonal. Man, you could buy before holiday on the chance that you will find the item at least 50% off and buy/return with higher receipt. Do you think they have changed their policies without us catching on LOL

Oh, I went back up to CS after checking out and asked if I could look/buy the lights that were returned and he said that everything has to go out on the floor first, well I can't follow them around LOL but has that always been a policy?

I tried to buy something sitting off to the side of the service desk one day and the lady had to call all sorts of people to 'ok' if I could even buy it. No one could figure out how long it had been there or where it came from so they let me buy it. Otherwise, most of our stores make you wait till it's put back out.

Found this today marked down to $119 (1/2 price). I got it for my daughter's b-day in May, so hubby will need to put it together to make sure everything is there. The box looked very 'fresh' and didn't appear to be opened or dented... but ya never know. He'll love that little project!! LOL

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bKUX0M9QL._AA260_.jpg

I would love to find it for 75% off, but never have much luck with the Razor brand motorcycles making it that far! she's only 10, but the reviews on Amazon most all mention giving it to kids ages 8-10.... Anyone have one and like to share thoughts on it with me??

LOL! Yes, it has been the most difficult part of my moving transition. I am in Arkansas and live 2 hours south of the Little Rock stores and 2 hours north of the Louisiana stores. It is a challenge. However, going to Target now is such an exciting event that I almost hyperventilate when I walk through the doors. :)

Ooh girl! That's painful.

BTW, I didn't see her receipt so maybe they returned at the lower price but I can't see the lady letting go of the lights and only getting 10% back but then again maybe she wasn't paying attention

Probably one of those new laws that went into effect the first of the year in Indiana. Nice. :-)

Yes, they have always had the policy that items need to be returned to the floor before they can be sold again. However, not all employees enforce it. Once I told a guy I hoped to see them back out so I could get them back at the lower price, and he pushed them across to me. He said I might as well get them and be sure they sold.

I've had altercations with one manager over the carts next to guest services. As far as I am concerned they are on the sales floor. If they don't want us to go through them, then they should keep them in the back.

Found this today marked down to $119 (1/2 price). I got it for my daughter's b-day in May, so hubby will need to put it together to make sure everything is there. The box looked very 'fresh' and didn't appear to be opened or dented... but ya never know. He'll love that little project!! LOL

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bKUX0M9QL._AA260_.jpg

I would love to find it for 75% off, but never have much luck with the Razor brand motorcycles making it that far! she's only 10, but the reviews on Amazon most all mention giving it to kids ages 8-10.... Anyone have one and like to share thoughts on it with me??

My 9 year old got one from santa this year. The snow finally melted and she has rode it several times and loves it! Really easy to put together too, the box is huge so not too many parts, just connecting them together. Great price!

DFW Targets- 75% and 90%. Checked two stores on my way home from the gym, one was at 75%, the other at 90%. The 90% was on 635 and Montford, nothing I was interested in but lots of candy canes, stockings, ornaments, misc decorations. The other store off of 35 and Hebron was still at 75% and it doesn't look like there will really be anything left at 90% so they may not even go there. At both places, toys were still at 15% and 30%.

My 9 year old got one from santa this year. The snow finally melted and she has rode it several times and loves it! Really easy to put together too, the box is huge so not too many parts, just connecting them together. Great price!

Oh good. It says for ages 14+ on the box, but many people on Amazon are saying they've given it to kids much younger than that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving my child something that she couldn't manage and would have a horrible wreck. "Gee, thanks mom!!-- love the broken arm!!" LOL

she's only 10, but the reviews on Amazon most all mention giving it to kids ages 8-10.... Anyone have one and like to share thoughts on it with me??

My dd got it last year for her 9th birthday and loves it and had/has no problems riding it. It is almost a year old (in feb) no problems with it.

90% off here I got the Nick and Nora PJS for me and all 3 kids for 90% in reg aisle with no red tags..!!!

I also scored the Lindt and (what is the brand that does the truffles?) in regular aisle for 90% of .44 BAG! look for ornaments and gold bows. And some more Goldfish (reg aisle)

Found 5 packages of the tape and the tablecloth I wanted :) Grabbed a few packs of gifttags for 0.10 and the 10 pack metal cookie cutters for 0.99...coulda went overboard but I didn't really need anything ya know?

They are putting out the "bulk stuff" and I snagged the 3 pack of 409 for 4.99 (got all 3 my store had)