Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Does anyone know if the toy clearance has the same return policy as the seasonal clearance? I would pick up a couple things for neices and nephews but not sure if I want to be locked in to that gift. I stil am not up on the latest and greatest ideas for a 12 y G 10 y G and 6 y B but a good deal is right up my alley.

Thanks

No. The regular clearance items (including toys) you can return for whatever you paid. Last summer I bought a tent for $200 and gritted my teeth. Late in the summer I found it for $149.98 and rebought it and returned on the $200 receipt. I figured that was better. Then a week later I found it at a store I visit infrequently for $99 and repeated the process. 2 weeks later I happened to be in the same store by chance and found it AGAIN for $49.98!! So, I bought and returned on each markdown and ended up paying on $49.98.

Still 75% in Ann Arbor, MI today.

I did find cute baby boy pjs though for $1.25. The were mixed in with the other Pjs that are only 30% off. The had a red shirt with a sledding dog on it; the pants were blue fleece with with dogs. Was able to find a pair for this yr and next! Woohoo! :) At this this find made me feel a little better about having to go back again tomorrow for 90%.

Both Targets in Sioux Falls, SD went 75% off on Dec 31st and the old one went 90% off Today but the new one was still at 75% off. The Target employee said that they are on different schedules depending on the inventory. However the new Target was totally redoing the Toys and they had some marked 30% off some 50% off and a few 75% off like the cars sets. And they were doing this on a Monday when they usually do it on Thursday.

I read cars and thought Disney Cars. Can you tell me which cars set was 75% off? Is it the big $40 set with all the race cars? I know that sucker is going to get marked down sooner or later!

Unrelated to Christmas (gasp!) I found some good deals in baby yesterday. I found 2 crib sheets, one Circo brand (Blaine SuperTarget) and one Tiddliwinks brand (Andover), for 50% off that will match the theme for our baby boy due in March. I also found a fuzzy blanket (Andover) 50% off that was Tiddliwinks brand and a 4 package of Gerber receiving blankets (Blaine SuperTarget) for 75% off. I went to three different stores and the prices were different at each one. I decided to buy some of the items at 50% because I wasn't sure how much they would have left at 75%. The baby stuff seems really picked over already.

They were also going through the baby stuff, since it was Monday, and one of the team members pulled a ton of stuff from behind the big items. She found a bike and a Dirt Devil vacuum. I heard her complaining about the new hiding spot to another team member. It was pretty comical.

Someone here (Sarasuzymama maybe?) mentioned that it was due to the stock left?? I'm thinking my Target is holding out because there is still quite a bit left in terms of wrapping paper, ornaments and stockings. The rest of the stuff is pretty much sold out. I noticed that a lot of people had the holiday Thomas Train priced at originally $6.99??!! It's $9.99 here, urgh -- ridiculous - $3 difference.

I noticed that a lot of people had the holiday Thomas Train priced at originally $6.99??!! It's $9.99 here, urgh -- ridiculous - $3 difference.

There were two different holiday Thomas'. The metal version was 6.99. The wooden version was 9.99.

There were two different holiday Thomas'. The metal version was 6.99. The wooden version was 9.99.

Ahh, now that makes sense... thanks for clearing that up for me CocoB. Didn't see the metal version anywhere in 2 stores even before Christmas. I was surprised since the red box items seem to be a uniform price.

Christmas is still 75% here at in my store but there was literally only 1 shelf left with NOTHING really worth mentioning n some wrapping paper. So Im not even sure if they are going to 90% it. I was happy to see 2 rolls of the good scotch tape thrown on the floor of that shelf and snagged those at 50 cents. Thank you to whoever posted about the goldfish. There are a TON of those bags at my store in the regular aisle n I got them for 54 cents a bag..woohoo! Still a ton of those left but could not find the marshmallows someone else posted about.

Toys were being totally redone at my store between 30-50 off. aisles were bare, tons of things in carts, being rearranged so Im excited for next week(hopefully when it goes to 75) besides that didnt see any other clearance anywhere, the holiday stuff is completely gone in all the other aisles, no other finds like everyone else did...

Malvern, PA - 90% off TODAY! Still has wrapping paper, ribbon, ornaments, garland, and cards, a few piggy banks, stockings, only a few stocking stuffer type stuff left.

Candy at 75% off, but not much left.

Will check Exton after my Dr. appt.

Malvern actually had a LOT left. Much more than the store I'm watching down here. They had a full aisle, both sides, and a pile of misc. junk on the floor.

I drove up on a whim. Oh and an excuse to go to Wegman's. ;-)

I have a toy question. Has anyone seen the vtech vreader go on clearance? We still have a model at the store but havent gotten new ones in over 2 weeks now. I bought my daughter one from kohls and it was defective, I had to return it but they only stocked it for Christmas so could not exchange it. Of course I got it there on sale w/ coupons for 45.00. Now thatChristmas is over it is back up to 65.00 everywhere. I have to reget it because we have a bunch of cartridges for it that my dd ripped open Christmas morning. I only have one target near me but will venture out if I know it is clearanced and can find it in a different store...so if anyone sees it with a clearance sticker in their store, please let me know...I dont even need it to go 75, just dont wanna pay the full price u know...

On Saturday, My store had a Dyson regular $449 for $319.

Karen - It was actually $224.50. The 50% off sticker was on the other side so I turned it around and put the 30% on the outside. LOL. I was hoping for 75%, but no such luck! They had 2 of them on Thursday and Friday, but when I checked Sunday they were both gone. :(

Someone here (Sarasuzymama maybe?) mentioned that it was due to the stock left?? I'm thinking my Target is holding out because there is still quite a bit left in terms of wrapping paper, ornaments and stockings. The rest of the stuff is pretty much sold out. I noticed that a lot of people had the holiday Thomas Train priced at originally $6.99??!! It's $9.99 here, urgh -- ridiculous - $3 difference.

The store that went 90% off seemed to have a lot more left than the store that had stayed at 75%. I went there today and it was still only 75% off.

Malvern actually had a LOT left. Much more than the store I'm watching down here. They had a full aisle, both sides, and a pile of misc. junk on the floor.

I drove up on a whim. Oh and an excuse to go to Wegman's. ;-)

Yes - they still had a lot this morning (I think I was the first to the seasonal section after it opened), but I was in a hurry to get to my doctor appt. (which I ended up 15 minutes late for), so couldn't do a good mental inventory.

Here's what I got--

CANDY/FOOD

2 - bags of Nerds boxes - $0.62/ea. (I think they still had some more)

1 - 42 oz. bag of Christmas M&Ms - $2.24

3 - boxes of Wonka choc/toffee candies - $0.29/ea.

2 - Hershey's Cookies & Cream bars (Nutcraker on the wrapper) $0.09/ea.

1 - Lindor Milk Choc. Truffel 3pk. (small red bag) $0.12

10 - LaffyTaffy canes (will put the candy in goodie bags for dd's bday party) $0.19/ea.

4 - Pixy Stix canes (ditto) $0.19/ea.

1 - Skittles light-up "wand" $0.29

4 - Hickory Farms Beef Sausage Stick packs (like beef jerky) $0.49/pk. of 8 sticks

CHRISTMAS

18" Lighted Snowman (just spotted this as I was dashing away from the Holiday area) $1.69

Ribbon - $0.30/roll

3 - 6 ft. Green extension cords $0.37/ea.

TOYS/OTHER

4 - Mentos Geyser tubes (my kids are budding rocket scientists) $0.39/ea.

1 - Thomas metal train $0.69

2 - Lip Smacker sets $0.39/ea.

I think all the Pink Dollar spot stuff must've been salvaged, as I didn't see any left in the front, but did find one thing in the seasonal area that scanned "item not found." I didn't really want it, just wanted to see what the scanner said.

Didn't really see anything I would go back to Exton, or Lionville for (both were still at 75%), but Exton did still have quite a bit of Christmas decor left. I was just excited to have found the Christmas M&M's , so my trip wasn't wasted.;)

My Mom went today for me because I couldn't make it. She said it was 90% in Mt Pleasant, SC. I asked her to check out the Nick and Nora Christmas pj's that have been scanning full price. She found one pair in the toddler section for $1.49, but the ones in the boy's dept are still ringing up full price. She said the only thing different between the ones she found on clearance and the others were the color and size. She didn't think to ask someone why they weren't marked down.

The only Nick & Nora PJs I have found that are on the Christmas markdown are the green ones with snowmen, and both the women's and kids versions are marked down. Every other pattern (no matter how Christmasy) are either full price or marked to 30% off with the red sticker. And the Carter's PJ set with Santa all over them were also part of Christmas.

Just got back from returning the plates and had no problems. Got exactly what I paid for them back, $4.05 :) Hahaha. I checked out the Christmas aisle and it was 90% off but basically just napkins, those huge plastic chip bowls, and a few ornaments. Nothing special.

I have a toy question. Has anyone seen the vtech vreader go on clearance? We still have a model at the store but havent gotten new ones in over 2 weeks now. I bought my daughter one from kohls and it was defective, I had to return it but they only stocked it for Christmas so could not exchange it. Of course I got it there on sale w/ coupons for 45.00. Now thatChristmas is over it is back up to 65.00 everywhere. I have to reget it because we have a bunch of cartridges for it that my dd ripped open Christmas morning. I only have one target near me but will venture out if I know it is clearanced and can find it in a different store...so if anyone sees it with a clearance sticker in their store, please let me know...I dont even need it to go 75, just dont wanna pay the full price u know...

I bought this a few days ago at Sam's Club for $24.99.

Per chance, has anyone seen the Baby Alive All Gone doll in the toy clearance? Even 30% off would make me somewhat happy. Because, ugh, I just paid full-price for her at TRU - probably one of the full-price toys I've purchased in years. I'm kind of kicking myself - but it is what my birthday girl wants, in addition to all her other Baby Alives, lol.

TIA

(Adding: I paid $24.99 for the doll. And I wouldn't care which nationality it is)

Per chance, has anyone seen the Baby Alive All Gone doll in the toy clearance? Even 30% off would make me somewhat happy. Because, ugh, I just paid full-price for her at TRU - probably one of the full-price toys I've purchased in years. I'm kind of kicking myself - but it is what my birthday girl wants, in addition to all her other Baby Alives, lol.

TIA

(Adding: I paid $24.99 for the doll. And I wouldn't care which nationality it is)

I've seen the Baby Alive Changing Time Baby on clearance for $7.48, which is 75% off. Only the AA version though. Last I checked the white one was still full price.