Was anyone disappointed with last years BF sales?

Angelseyes28

I think they will be better. Last year, for example, WalMart didn't really go all out with their BF sale and it really hurt their sales for November.

From a news article about BF last year:

"More than a month ago, Wal-Mart announced that it would not succumb to the kind of "price-beater" and "early-bird" specials its competitors traditionally run the day after Thanksgiving, and Williams dismissed that approach again yesterday, labeling such limited-time, limited-quantity offers "gimmicks" and "loss leaders."

"For November, Wal-Mart recorded only a 0.7 percent sales increase among stores open at least a year, compared with its own projections of a 2 percent to 4 percent increase."

So I don't think they'll want to make the same mistake again.

I think they will be better. Last year, for example, WalMart didn't really go all out with their BF sale and it really hurt their sales for November.

From a news article about BF last year:

"More than a month ago, Wal-Mart announced that it would not succumb to the kind of "price-beater" and "early-bird" specials its competitors traditionally run the day after Thanksgiving, and Williams dismissed that approach again yesterday, labeling such limited-time, limited-quantity offers "gimmicks" and "loss leaders."

"For November, Wal-Mart recorded only a 0.7 percent sales increase among stores open at least a year, compared with its own projections of a 2 percent to 4 percent increase."

So I don't think they'll want to make the same mistake again.

LOL Walmart is the store that I was most disappointed in. Unless the step up their game this year, I won't even bother going to them this year.

My Walmart price matches all stores even on black friday. Just take the ad with you and hand it to the cashier and show her the item that you want price matched. As long as you are buying the identical same item as what's in the sales ad, you shouldn't have a problem.:) Hope that helps some.

My Walmart price matches all stores even on black friday. Just take the ad with you and hand it to the cashier and show her the item that you want price matched. As long as you are buying the identical same item as what's in the sales ad, you shouldn't have a problem.:) Hope that helps some.

Thats what I did last year, I started at the PX ( they gave away $20.00 giftcards) and pricematched everthing that I could ( mainly Bratz). After the PX we went to Walmart and I matched at Walmart what I knew K-mart would be out of by the time I got there.

I price match too. Its great. About being disappointed, no I got everything I wanted. I usually do all of my shopping in one day. Its just an added bonus that Im already out getting super deals with BF. I mainly go out on BF for the kids. My oldest is harder this year as he is 11 and doesn't do toys. Hes not really into much besides football and computer stuff. My parents already bought him every computer accessory he needs. My daughter is only 5 so give her any doll/barbie and shes squealing with delight.

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me. I too was pretty disappointed with the sales. Didn't even bother getting up and going. And it's always been a tradition that I do with my friend- up at 3am, to the earliest sale's parking lot and in line by 4am.

Hoping this years are much better. I don't think I can stand missing two years in a row. ;)

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me. I too was pretty disappointed with the sales. Didn't even bother getting up and going. And it's always been a tradition that I do with my friend- up at 3am, to the earliest sale's parking lot and in line by 4am.

Hoping this years are much better. I don't think I can stand missing two years in a row. ;)

Well good sales or not, I'm ALWAYS going on BF......that's my girls day out with my best friend. We leave the kids and hubby's at home and enjoy spending the day together. Of course it would be an added bonus if we could get some good deals while we were out;)

LOL Walmart is the store that I was most disappointed in. Unless the step up their game this year, I won't even bother going to them this year.

There was a recent news story covered on CNBC about Walmart. Apparently there sales have been effected by the price of gasoline. Since most Walmart shoppers are low to mid wage earners they can see the effect the price of gasoline has had on their consumers.

So Walmart said they are planning DRASTIC price reductions for their holiday season, hoping that the huge sales will be enough to bring people back to the stores.

Guess we will just have to wait and see....

There was a recent news story covered on CNBC about Walmart. Apparently there sales have been effected by the price of gasoline. Since most Walmart shoppers are low to mid wage earners they can see the effect the price of gasoline has had on their consumers.

So Walmart said they are planning DRASTIC price reductions for their holiday season, hoping that the huge sales will be enough to bring people back to the stores.

Oh man that would be great!!!! With gas as high as it is, I need all the huge sales I can get lol.

That sounds great! I was also disappointed in the sales last year and didn't even get up to go!

Guest Deals4Me

Walmarts did kinda make me disappointed.. :no: This year, I am REALLY looking forward to the sales. We have Kmart, NEXT Door to Walmart, Target is about 1/2 mile up, TRU right across from there in the mall parking lot, and Farm and Fleet another 1/2 mile away. LOTS of competition.Hoping for great sales:deal: :2letseat: This year I am going to my mom in laws for dinner... that wont be that yummy,:hungry: so hopefully that long drive,:gd_steeri (really only 30 miles) will provide to be fruitful. By her, Target and Walmart are neighbors, and TRU is next door to CC and best buy is right there. Kmart is on the other side of town, but isnt that busy, even on BF.

So like I said I am hoping for some sales that will make me do a little something like this in line for 4 or 5 hours... while watching my mini TV....beating off the the line jumpers withmy bat...JK!:2bat::2woot:

:trampolin:runaway::gd_pineap:bunny::clapping::lolrun::gd_purple:2elephant:greenappl:g_dance:

I too thought Walmart ran a terrible ad last year and was very disappointed - we only have a super Walmart here if you want to shop for all things, we have Staples, Ace, Lowes, TSC, Big Lots and that is about it. Kmart closed years ago. Needless to say we drove 50 miles to the Cincinnati area to do our BF shopping.

Yes, the Walmart sale was disappointing last year. The only thing I really wanted was the Eureka bagless vacuum cleaner-- and we ended up leaving with three, one for me and one each for my sister and my brother.

But it was hard to drag myself out of bed at 5 AM for a vacuum cleaner!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deals4Me

Lets hope these stores are really getting the message and stepping up thier game, cause I wont go to a store if theres only one thing I want.

We'll be looking for toys and more specifically, Thomas railway system, the battery powered plastic ones...Hoping theres a sale, but since it isnt the hottest thing, I doubt it.