Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My Experience" Thread

Brad

my dh just called and picked up 3 kayaks for him and the boys at mills fleet farm, walked in and out. got a free monkey too, LOL I am already done, but may go out later to pick up small things for the stockings. it is 14 degrees with a -6 windchills, I pity anyone standing out all night for a bargain.

3 things that I wanted (the Poloroid POGO Printer from Best Buy, WWE SvR 2011 and Red Dead Redemption both for PS3 at Walmart) Were all bought from their respected websites

The only thing I went out for were the 6 dollar batteries at Lowes (6 bucks for 48 AA bateries was not too bad at all)

I might go look at some guns at some local gun shops in my area later today, SC has a Tax free weekend for Gun purchases :D:D .

I went to Joann Fabrics and waited in line for the doors to open (who knew that Joann Fabrics would have people waiting to get in the store?). I was going after the $69 Cricut and the cartridges that were on sale. About 5 minutes before opening, two employees came out to hand out tickets for the Cricuts and I got one for the one I was after...Looked down at it and the price said $59.99...they took another $10 off the published ad price! Bonus!

Went out at 6:00, Old Navy - got everything I wanted. Walmart (cuz the parking lot didn't look crazy) - this was amazing, ZERO lines, got everythign I wanted. There must have been 100 employees there. LL Bean - no one there, Target - easy. Yeah, plus I got some sleep. Yeah for black friday, and yeah for Amazon, where i did a lot of ordering!!

By the way, I wore my gotta deal tshirt, and everyone loved it! :)

So I went in ad midnight and I can tell you that the largest concentrated group of people (which were 100 plus) were all squished in the DVD/Videogame sales. It was ridiculous. You had people waiting 4 plus hours out in the cold only to be told they couldn't put anything in their basket once inside.

I luckily got everything I wanted (DVDs included), but I have never seen walmart have such poor execution on Black Friday,

At one point, someone dropped a box, and the fire alarm went off, and then people went nuts grabbing things (this was at 11 p.m.)

I think I will do online only from now on if this is how Walmart is going to be every year.

Well. I planned on going to Kohl's first, so I woke up at 2:45 to be there at 3, as I live close. I literally almost hit the line, as it was stretched out into the street. That freaked me out, so I decided to go to TRU.

TRU was nearly dead by this time, so I got the mp3 player I was interested in and went back to Kohls. I'd planned on getting my older son the UP jeans for $13.99 because he's lost a lot of weight. I was peeved that the UP jeans for that price were the regular, high cut ones. The others were $18.99 and $21.99. Grrr. Did get some other good stuff plus had an extra 15% off card. At checkout, I saved over $137 and got $20 cash back. If the pants don't fit, I'll be using it later. Wait time was 45 minutes.

Did Target. Got the $14 hairdryer, several video games, Lost final season, and some Nerf stuff. Wait time was almost 1.5 hours. Got $10 cash back to use later.

My daughter, on the other hand, cruised into Old Navy around 3am and cruised out. Then she went to the mall. She said JCPenney's was a dream. She's currently out with her boyfriend and is having a great shopping experience. I think I've created a monster.

I was just going to online shop this year, but my Sis in law persuaded me to go out with her this morning...went to Target at 4:45 and OMG what a MADHOUSE, you could not even figure out where the line to checkout began, it literally started in the center of the store and snaked up and down every aisle then spiraled around the whole perimeter of the store. You couldn't even move up and down the aisles because they were just packed full of people waiting in the longest line I have ever seen in my life. And, since no one could find the beginning of the line, people were forming their own lines and waiting in all sorts of directions....well anyhow, since we were only there for a few cheap things, we said forget it and left (we'd probably still be waiting to checkout!). Headed to the mall, which was GREAT! It's only in the 20's and it's an outdoor mall so hardly anyone was there! Got tons of clothes at Children's Place for 30% off plus we had 20% off coupons to stack. Went to Bath and Body and got the VIP tote and tons of other stuff with no wait or crowd. Went to Gap and got the 50% off with no waiting or crowd! By then it was 7AM. Passed by Mejier and the parking lot was EMPTY so we went in, NO ONE in line, got some toys. Then headed to Toys R Us across the street, it was only slightly busy, no waiting in lines, and they still had TONS of doorbusters left! Between the two of us we have 4 kids oldest is 5.5 yrs and youngest is 7 months so we weren't after electronics or anything. Been home for over an hour, relaxing on the couch and drinking coffee!

I went to Wal Mart at 9:00 last night and all the pallets were in the isles wrapped in plastic and a wal mart employee was at each pallet and telling people that they could not open them until midnight and that did not go over well at all so at 9:30 the wal mart employees said go for it and although a little frantic at first it went really well. I

got everything I wanted. Paula Dean pots, 2 king sheets, 2 twin sheets, Wii MLB, Sunbeam electric throws, shark mop a few DVD's and DS Games, waffle maker, mixer and candle sets. Then to JCP and got collegiate hoodies and the kind down comforter for 29.00 Home by 8 am Great shopping day

Midnight- Walmart for $2 dvds and Madden 11 for $29. I didnt get a Madden in the front but I asked for one from the case. Worked just fine. I also noticed that Toy Story 3 was not displayed anywhere in the store and not marked $10 like it was supposed to as they announced it as an additional item this week. I found a few in the new releases section and sure enough it rang up at $10. Checked out at 12:18. I then went back in to do some "relaxed" shopping and found a few more dvds, boxer briefs, and an energy drink! Checked out the 2nd time at 1:40 and went home for a bit.

3am- Go to Herbergers to pick up $10 pyrex storage container set. Go in and for the 2nd year in a row I picked the right door and the item was right there. I actually made a quick round of the area then checked out at 3:07.

3:30am- A BLACK FRIDAY FIRST FOR ME!! Hit up a grocery store with a BF sale. Got 10 Roma pizzas for 1.60 each and some other small things for cheap. This was probably a lot more exciting for me than it should have been.

4:00am- Target. Very long line but it flowed into the store smoothly with a nice cart barricade setup. This was probably my best stop. I had a list in my head and pounded through it. Grabbed the Barbie scooter, then while walking towards the toys grabbed the 2 pack throw pillows. Did a walk by grab without even slowing down my walk. I smiled a bit:). Got to electronics and SCORED! Found 2 of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy sets on bluray for 7.99. This was a misprint in the ad as they are originally $75. Then I grabbed the laugh and learn musical table and by this point I can barely carry anything else. On my way up to the front I grab a vest and flannel shirt for my wife and checkout. I also had my last 10% off day coupon that expires today! Checkout time.......4:10am!

5:00am- Runnings Farm and Fleet, picked up some boots and a nice pair of Under Armour hunting gloves. A very relaxed shopping experience. Checked out at 5:11am.

Stopped at Best Buy and the line was still around the entire inside of the store to checkout so I left.

6:00am- Menards. Got in and walked the entire perimeter of the store. Picked up 4 items I needed and hit a checkout fast before they piled up. I got nailed by a lady with a cart right in my Achilles tendon. Hurt pretty bad, may feel that one tomorrow. Checkout time, 6:09am.

I then went to the mall to browse Gamestop, JCP, Scheels but didnt find anything that warranted a wait in a checkout line.

For shopping alone, I have to say this was a pretty outstanding year. Not counting midnight walmart, as I was not really in a hurry, the longest I spent in a store was 10 minutes from entering to checkout!

Got the TomTom GPS from Best Buy at 7:45 a.m. on Thursday. I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. waiting for it to update until someone (thankfully) said big items wouldn't update until 7:00 a.m. EST. I set my alarm however I forgot to save it but thankfully my friend called me to let me know it was updated and I got it! Started out at Wal-Mart which we scoped out at 6:00 p.m. and walked in at 11:50 p.m. I'd never been to Wal-Mart ever and when I got there a lot of the 12:01 items were already gone which was frustrating. I missed out on the $9.97 Hamilton Slowcooker and there weren't any more $2.97 Chefmate Hand mixers. Did get the 3 in 1 small vac, the other Chefmate items plus underwear for the husband. It took an hour and 20 minutes to checkout and really wasn't worth it. Think that is my first and last time going and will treat them like Best Buy in the future as an avoid doorbusters at all cost and get what I can on-line.

Then we went home for an hour and after went to Target. Arrived at 3:00 a.m. so had an hour wait. We were still far ahead in line my husband said he was right behind those getting T.V.s if only we had money for those things. Got the two Chefmate items I wanted and my Ninja blender was in and out in 15 minutes which sealed the nail in the coffin for me never going to Wal-Mart. Headed to Meijer which was totally uncrowded easy and simple! They also had in ad coupons for 15% off any item one per transaction. We did 4 transactions to get some things we needed plus the memory cards. We were in and out in 30 minutes (and would've been quicker but we really lollygagged). After hit up CVS for my first transaction, dropped off hubby then went for my second transactin. I bought one of everything that was free after extracare bucks except toothpaste and I now have $26 which I plan to use for the mini camera later today. Still have to hit up Rite Aid but I am at work for 4 hours today so will finish later!

Got the TomTom GPS from Best Buy at 7:45 a.m. on Thursday. I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. waiting for it to update until someone (thankfully) said big items wouldn't update until 7:00 a.m. EST. I set my alarm however I forgot to save it but thankfully my friend called me to let me know it was updated and I got it! Started out at Wal-Mart which we scoped out at 6:00 p.m. and walked in at 11:50 p.m. I'd never been to Wal-Mart ever and when I got there a lot of the 12:01 items were already gone which was frustrating. I missed out on the $9.97 Hamilton Slowcooker and there weren't any more $2.97 Chefmate Hand mixers. Did get the 3 in 1 small vac, the other Chefmate items plus underwear for the husband. It took an hour and 20 minutes to checkout and really wasn't worth it. Think that is my first and last time going and will treat them like Best Buy in the future as an avoid doorbusters at all cost and get what I can on-line.

Then we went home for an hour and after went to Target. Arrived at 3:00 a.m. so had an hour wait. We were still far ahead in line my husband said he was right behind those getting T.V.s if only we had money for those things. Got the two Chefmate items I wanted and my Ninja blender was in and out in 15 minutes which sealed the nail in the coffin for me never going to Wal-Mart. Headed to Meijer which was totally uncrowded easy and simple! They also had in ad coupons for 15% off any item one per transaction. We did 4 transactions to get some things we needed plus the memory cards. We were in and out in 30 minutes (and would've been quicker but we really lollygagged). After hit up CVS for my first transaction, dropped off hubby then went for my second transactin. I bought one of everything that was free after extracare bucks except toothpaste and I now have $26 which I plan to use for the mini camera later today. Still have to hit up Rite Aid but I am at work for 4 hours today so will finish later!

Oh forgot a couple of DVDs on Amazon.com and all the DVD selections at Wal-Mart, Target and Meijer sucked nothing my husband wanted so getting the rest on-line from Amazon.com today. Got one from Meijer actually. I had prebought gift cards for a small discount on ebay for best Buy, ($25), Target ($25 + $5 from doing deals), and CVS ($25) and then had a $50 gift card from Meijer's Super Saturday. It was nice to have very little out of pocket and have pretty much a cap and control on what I spent. Will do that again next year!

Got to Walmart about 10:45. Couldn't find the trampolines and by the time I located where they were supposed to be they were gone. Got 1 movie (I have NEVER seen such a sorry selection of movies in my life), the Shark, a few pairs of jeans for DS, sheet set, Tarheels hoodie, drinks and such. I don't think I've ever come out of WM spending as little as I did. I did notice my store had more toys this year, especially Zhu Zhu pets. Also lots of the bikes, exercise machines, and basketball sets.

Got Diary of a Wimpy Kid yesterday from Amazon, got the 500GB hard drive this morning. Waiting on the logitech mouse now and pricing some movies against Target. Will go out later when the rest of the family gets up. Luckily I got most of what I wanted online already this year.

walmart[/url];1785232]Wow you was lucky. There were some Walmart employees at our store that if they saw you peeking under the plastic or touching the items, they tell you no peeking or touching till 12:01

I wish mine was like that! I was sooo mad that $9.97 crockpot was all gone when I walked in at 11:50 p.m. Obviously they let people take anything they want at 11:30 p.m. or before.

I would say Walmart PERIOD was insane. We were mainly after clothing and it was crazy as all get out! I seriously almost said "This isn't worth it." I don't know that I would do this again. I have BF shopped for years less the last 2 mainly because of financial situations. Anyhow this was the craziest that I have seen it and I have done this in at least 4 differant cities. Just not sure it was worth it. Will definately think twice before doing it again.

My local walmart also had the items on pallets wrapped in black plastic sheets, but there is no official employees guarding them. Instead, there are some customer standing by them. Some of the wrappings were broken and some items were obvious removed from the pallets before 11pm. Some of the early bird items were not wrapped and we got the 3-pc suitcase set immediately after entering the store at 10:45pm. I was surprised that no one took them from the shelf before me. They were gone by 11:30pm though. Basically, I got all the items I want before 11:30pm in my cart. I went to the check out lines at 11:54pm and was #3 in that line. Checked out a full cart of stuffs and left the store at 12:10am. This is my best BF experience in 16 years.

Went to Wal-Mart a little before midnight and got: 11 of the $1.96 movies, a few of the doorbuster toys for the Toys for Tots drive, the Crayola Crayon Maker for my daughter, the Bissell stick vacuum, and a couple of the fleece pullovers for my hubby. I then proceeded to get in line for the $398 HP 17.3" laptop at 5AM. I got the HP laptop, Sony iPod dock/alarm clock, (2) 4gb flash drive, HP wireless printer, Magnavox blu-ray/dvd, and the 7" digital picture frame. I got everything I wanted (plus a few things I didn't even plan on getting) and was home by 6AM. Luckily, I was able to do a lot of my bf shopping before I even left the house. I picked up two of the BB $40/$50 iTunes gift cards, the $38.88 luggage set from JCP, Scribblenauts DS game and Camp Rock 2 dvd from TRU, and the 700tc sheet sets from Target (the shipping was high - fifteen dollars for three sets, but the closest Target is an hour away...so still a good deal and I didn't have to drive!). This was the smoothest BF I have ever experienced!

It was not that bad at my walmart. Crowded yes, but spread out. I wanted the video games and some clothes and were able to easily get them. The toys were much more crowded. I showed up after 11 and all that stuff was already out , but not totally mob scene at all. I had my 12yo dd with me to watch the cart as I foudn things.

I would say Walmart PERIOD was insane. We were mainly after clothing and it was crazy as all get out! I seriously almost said "This isn't worth it." I don't know that I would do this again. I have BF shopped for years less the last 2 mainly because of financial situations. Anyhow this was the craziest that I have seen it and I have done this in at least 4 differant cities. Just not sure it was worth it. Will definately think twice before doing it again.

Ditto! First and last time going to Wal-Mart ever. Not worth it.

got monitor online at office max yesterday. Went to walmart around 11. The 12:01 stuff was already opened, so I sent straight to the video games. Then to the toys, then to housewares, stopping by girls clothes before toys. got more than I wanted. Decided on the 23$ vacuum cleaner since mine died. Home before 1. DH got up before 4 and headed to staples/target. Decided target line was too long and was number 6 at staples. AT 5:30 got his ticket for the laptop and went back to target but they ran out of ping pong tables!!! he called me and I ordered the one from SEARS online. not as nice, but oh well. He did get the air mattress and some clothes. Also from Staples got a chair and office, and mice. Note that staples had no good organization when he went back to get his items. Too forever for them to figure it out. Meanwhile At 7:30 took my son to use his Gamestop gift cards. Nothing real special there. Dropped him off at Hockey practice and wetn to walgreens. got my laundry detergent, paper towels, scotch tape, batteries, advil. WEnt to CVS for makeup deal for DD.

I had gotten my TV last week, so I was glad to not stand in line for any of them. I would say that my walmart was busy, but not a mob scene. TArget was probably crazier.'

Oh Almost forgot, yesterady went to old navy to get stuff there since I am a card holder.

OMG I totally agree we got there around 1am and there were NO Wii games or DVDs left AT ALL!! It was awful and that whole "Shop while you wait" advertisment was such B.S. basically ppl went at like 10pm got the midnight stuff and then got in line for their 5am stuff so b/t 12 and 5am not much "shopping" was going on.

The best is the ppl that try and buy a tv at 5:01am LOL

Idk if it happened anywhere else but our store the Sony ihome alarm clock things were nowhere to be found! and no one knew what we were talking about so idk if they never got to the store or sold out that quickly but my mom asked several ppl and they didn't know where they were :(

I came home and thankfully was able to order it from walmart.com with free shipping lol

Didn't really go out for a lot this year. Got to BB at 5:15, the line was still going into the store. Hopped to the end and was in within 5 minutes. Got the $139 23" Samsung Monitor, which is all I really wanted. My Bro-in-law was there for the $369 42" Plasma. Couldn't find it anywhere, but I noticed 7 up above the aisles in their overstock area. Got ahold of one of the BB employees and my bro-in-law had his TV! I don't think anyone really knew they were there.

Went to Boscovs for a pair of boots for the wife, no good on either one she wanted. Headed to Target and got the women's bubble vest for $7.50 and the glove/hat combo for $2. Pretty much all I wanted and was happy, home by 6:30am.

OMG I totally agree we got there around 1am and there were NO Wii games or DVDs left AT ALL!! It was awful and that whole "Shop while you wait" advertisment was such B.S. basically ppl went at like 10pm got the midnight stuff and then got in line for their 5am stuff so b/t 12 and 5am not much "shopping" was going on.

The best is the ppl that try and buy a tv at 5:01am LOL

Idk if it happened anywhere else but our store the Sony ihome alarm clock things were nowhere to be found! and no one knew what we were talking about so idk if they never got to the store or sold out that quickly but my mom asked several ppl and they didn't know where they were :(

I came home and thankfully was able to order it from walmart.com with free shipping lol

Got to Target at midnight was fourth in line. Got the email saying Walmart started online shopping. So I bought two of the 32" Emersons for $198 while waiting in line. Then got inot Target bought the 40" Westinghouse, Sony Blue Ray, Western Digital 1 TB portable & 2 TB desktop hard drives, and the Gaming chair. Missed out on The Lord of The Rings Trilogy Blue Ray for $7.99 though. All in all great win for me. Got everything I wanted but 1.

Went to Walmart at 12:00am got Wii and DS games, 500 thread count sheets, and kids PJs. Next went to Target at 1:30am and stood in line for 2.5 hours. when we got to Target people had been there since 8:00pm but were lined up at the wrong doors. Soooo when others got there that knew they informed them that they should move because they were in the wrong spot. Mind you no police or staff had gotten there yet. so needless to say you had people lined up at both doors and low and behold the ones who had been there the longest ended up having to go to the back of the line such a shame. With all that being said I get my mom a Westinghouse 40" due to some cardinal BF friday rules NO carts and knowing where the stuff is in the store and knowing the shortcut to get there. So I am very happy this morning.

Last night was rough. Got to TRU only to be greeted by the largest mob scene ever. They estimated close to 1500 were on line by 10pm and they were only letting 50 people in at a time. We left and went to Walmart. at 10:30 Walmart was relatively calm. Ours let you put anything non-electronic in your cart but you couldn't check out until 12:01. Got a ticket for the ds but was read the riot act of not being able to leave, only 1 15 minute bathroom break that I gave it back. Got a crayola crayon make, globe thing, I only bought one paper jam since Walgreens had the guitar for $15 and the amp for $7.50, the K'nex and some clothes. Paid, left Walmart went to Kohl's and then at 4am went back to Walmart where I got a ticket for the ds since I only had to wait an hour now. All of a sudden there were like 12 sheriffs in full riot gear because people were trampling each other over for the tv's. Alot of people brought small babies (a few were sleeping on dog beds pulled off the shelf) which lead to alot of yelling. The ds line got ugly at the end because some people didn't adhere to the stay in line rule and one woman, who started a huge arguement, was ready to rip out some lungs. I got mine so I didn't care. I did buy the red wii only because I got a free $50 gc that I used to purchase a new wireless printer for myself. Walmart got really ugly in the end. I was really disappointed in the selection of blu-ray movies.