Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My Experience" Thread

Brad

Well, I started out Thanksgiving night/Black Friday morning trying to order things on line - but nothing I wanted was available on line. So we got up at 4 am and headed for Target. It was raining out and I didn't want to stand outside the doors. At 4:20 we got to the store and there was no line outside, however the Wii Fit Plus was soldout. So I tried for the Shark Steam mop. They had it, but had to wait for someone to go get it from the back. Then the wait began. We were in the back of the store and had to circle around to the front in line to check out - took over 1/2 an hour. Bonus was I got to stroll around without a cart while my husband stood in line!:) I found the piggy bank I wanted, some PJ's for the kids, a hat and gloves set for the kids, some games for a needy family, but I wanted some playdoh. So I was looking up by the greeting card area and there was a box of playdoh sitting there! I looked around and nobody was there, no carts or anything. So I picked it up and waited - nobody, so it was mine!:cheesy:

We shopped all day, including Bath and Body Works where the power went out for a few minutes so they brought out cookies and coupons. :P Came home and ordered the Wii Fit Plus balance board for $67 on an Amazon lightening deal! Yeah!

Pre-Black Friday Sale:

2 Sweaters from Gap $20/each (62% off :D)

Black Friday

1 Sweater from Gap 50% off

1 Sweater from Old Navy $15

2 copies of Free After Rebate Norton Anti-Virus from Staples (1 rebate per household so I bought one with cash)

1 $15 itunes gift card from Staples with free ear bud headphones

1 mug from the Disney Store ($4) The disney store was CHEAP, with 20% off, the stuff was practically free.

My brother bought the $30 Canon all in one printer and $15 bluetooth headset from Office Depot.

I can't wait until next year!!!

Luckily I got what I needed online. I bought nothing at Walmart today but Fixodent and at JCP a hoody for my son and a pair of jeans for me. Yesterday I called Bass PRo as they had told me earlier they would price match the store ad. THey price matched the 25% off comforter set and I used an online 20.00 off couponmaking the total 97.00 instead of 144. I preordered the holiday dsi from Amazon on Wednesday. Sunday I bought the Sears doorbuster 40 inch Samsung LED tv and got it 75.00 cheaper. I ordered the stand online at 3 a.m. this morning and had it shipped free to store. I laid away a camera and a camo hoody at our local farm store. I got the zhu zhu pets from Target.com on Wednesday, shipped free and less than 4.00 apiece. I still have things to buy, but the majority is done and was done online and cheaper than bf prices.

So being in the weird state of laws in Massachusetts, this 12:01 am start was a mess. I was told by the store in Chicopee that they would be opening the doors at 12:01 am, so I said awesome thats where i'll start. Wanted alot of the $29 games and Blu Rays. Get there at 11 and was probably 60th in line. They have barricades set up, but nobody is using them nor is there any security or police outside. Line starts getting bigger and bigger and by 11:50 its about 250 people deep. At about 11:55, security comes out and decides to move everyone into the barricades - obviously making it a mess as people cut and ran to get to the front. So 12:05 comes around and still nothing. All of a sudden an employee comes out of the store to see a family member and states they will not be opening until 4am. Not 12:01, not 12:05, not 5 am - but 4 am. Of the 250 people, at least 75 of them just left. People were told the same thing I was told about the store opening. VERY VERY disorganized and unplanned and they need to get the facts straight to the public here if they are going to open at a random time that is not in the ad.

Anyways, ended up at another Walmart down the street around 10 am - and I was shocked to see what they had left at 10 am - Everything on the front page except the laptop - tons of the DVDS and $29 games - lot of the toys/pjs - kitchen items - it was like they got too much stuff (this store just got remodeled to a super walmart, but does not do that much in business).

I know Wal-Mart tryed something new this year with the earlier opening, but from what I can tell and read, more people were pissed or angered or disappointed with this new system then they were happy and I would really hope Wal-Mart rethink this new approach next year.

Hope everyone had a great day and got what they wanted/needed!:)

Went to Meijers yesterday and got 2 Ipod Touches at about 10am. They had over 70 when they started at 6am and sold the last 2 when I was in line doing my last transaction!

Went to WM today and got 2 doorbusters at 9:30am, place wasn't busy at all. The only doorbuster that they were sold out of was the $198 laptop! I'm thrilled that I got

what I did, now maybe to online shopping!

It's been a long time since I've been willing to stand outside in the cold for the chance of getting a good deal. When I woke up this morning at 3:00am, I had already completed most of my shopping. By the time I finished my first cup of coffee, I had snapped up a couple more bargains. But my oldest wanted to experience Black Friday, so I woke him and we headed off to Staples. Except for one year, I have started each Black Friday at the Staples in Plaistow New Hampshire. I actually have acquaintences that I only see in that line. There were about (OK exactly) 19 people in line when we arrived. It was raining, but the line is covered, so we were fairly comfortable. It wasn't long before we joined discussions of the Door Busters. At 5:00am the Master of Ceremonies emerged to thank us for choosing Staples and to explain how they run Black Friday. He told us that employees would go from the front to the back of the line offering tickets for the Door Busters to each person until they were depleted. Each ticket had a number that was also afixed to the associated merchandise and the item would be held for the ticket holder until 11:00am. The manager told us that registers on one side of the store were for people purchasing a computer and registers on the other side were for people buying a GPS. The rest of the registers were for everyone else. He assured us that ticketless items were available in abundance on tables at the back of the store and disappeared into the store. Then employees walked the line with the tickets and fliers offering advice and answering questions. At precisely 6:00am the doors were opened and we were thanked as we entered the store. Employees directed traffic. Shoppers helped other shoppers. As tables were depleted, more merchandise was brought out from the back. Within a half hour, I was checking out with some terrific deals.

And that is how Black Friday goes at the Staples in Plaistow New Hampshire.

Next stop was Home Depot. I had no items from that store on my list, but there are always so many unadvertised deals that I always walk through. There were almost as many clerks in the aisles as shoppers and we had no problem spending $250. Then Walmart, Kohls, and Radio Shack before we settled into the Live Free or Diner for breakfast. Over my eggs benedict, I asked the new BFer if he'd do it again. He said, "Yes. It was fun. Everyone was nice and it felt Christmassy." I agree. See you all next year!

Black Friday 2010 Haul...

I take all my Discover rewards in Staples gift cards. Since they give you a $25 card for each $20 redeemed, it's like getting another 20% off...

2x 1t USB disk $50

1x 100 Count DVD+R $18 ($8 easy rebate)

1x 100 Count DVD-R $18 ($8 easy rebate)

2x 20 Count AA batteries $13 ($13 easy rebate)

2x HP 8G Thumb Drive $11

1x HP Photo Paper $10 ($10 easy rebate)

1x Remote $10 ($10 easy rebate)

3x Skull Candy Earbuds $10

2x Logitech v220 Wireless Mouse $7

$250 in Gift Cards == $200 in Cashback - $62 in rewards and rebates = $138

Home Depot almost always lets me use a Lowes mover coupon for an additional 10% off...

Electric Fireplace insert $200 ($180)

Changable Screwdriver $3 ($2.70)

Three Prong Cord for New Stove $15 ($13.50)

Four Prong Cord for New Stove $15 ($13.50)

Bit and Screwdriver Set $20 ($18)

$227 out the door!

Walmart It's a Wonderful Life Collectors Edition $20 (no deal -- I just wanted it)

So, $385 plus $25 for breakfast = $410 - $13.50 for the stove cord I return = $396.50. We're watching the colorized IAWL in front of the flames of the fireplace insert. What could be better?

Edited by len_mullen
more information

Love reading this thread!

Work up Thursday morning around 8:30. Headed to store to pick up paper. (Normally would have gotten paper by 6:00 am, but had late night). I came here to find out what was available on line. Ordered most of Khols stuff on line and used 20% off coupon posted here which was a better deal than if I would have went to store because I only had a 15% off coupon. Ordered everything I needed except the cusinart and the barbies, which were not on line. I then went to Old Navy on a whim around 9:30. Store had maybe 20 people. I don't have an ON card, but everything that I wanted with the exception of the kids $15 coat was already on sale and I broke up my order and used two 10 off of $50 coupons that were in the paper. I had two get in line twice, but it only took about 10 mins.

Fast forward to Thursday night. My girlfriend, along with her husband and son and daughter arrived at my house around 10:30 pm. My husband had baby sitting duty for the two 7 yr olds. The closet WM to me is in MD, but I live in DE, which has no sale tax. We decided to start at the 1 in MD, since for the stuff that went on sale at Midnight were the small ticket items, but we were okay paying sales tax on that, because they live in MD and would have paid sales tax anyway if they stayed at home and shopped. We got there around 11 people were already allowed to shop for the midnight items, but had to wait until 12 to pay. We were able to get pretty much everything we went for. The pj, small kitchen electronics, DVD etc. The only thing that was limited was the games for the DSI. Although they still have a few left most weren't ones for little girls, but we did get a few, we were done by 12:30 at WM, no long lines for problems!. Then we handed to Old Navy in DE because we both wanted to kids coats. Talk about MADHOUSE!! There were only letting a few people in at a time. We waited about 30 mins in the cold to get in. Once we got it we realized it wasn't worth it as the lines were wrapped all the way around the store and both of us had already shopped the day before and got everything except the coats. We then picked up some coffee and snacks at Wawa. Got to Khols around 2 there were about 20 people in line. The four of us took turns waiting in line as it was a bit cold and no sense of all of us waiting. We made sure the people behind us knew that there were 4 of us. By the time the store opened the line had wrapped around the store. We had a game plan, 1 waited in line and the other three each had a section of the store to get the rest of the items that weren't on line. Got everything on the list and was done by 3:30. We then headed to the WM in Middletown DE because they wanted the 198 tv and lap top etc and didn't want to pay sales tax. There is a WM closer, but they one in Middletown is a super one and just a nicer store. We got there around 4. The store wasn't crowed, but the cheap lap tops were already accounted for. The got in line for the 198 tv. They told their number was 114 and 115 and they had 200 of them. I guess they allowed people to get more than 1 because their were only about 70 people in line. While they waited in line I priced matched the uno game with Kmart which was 10. and Walmarts was 20. I then went to another khols which was next door to this WM and picked up a few odds and end that we missed from 1st one. It took them about 45 mins to get the tv and pay. We then went to a few other stores lowes, Macy's, stapes etc. and was able to get all the stuff we had on our list. All in all a great BF experience

I got everthing I wanted, plus more. Was up until 2 am shopping on-line at Radio Shack and Target on Thanksgiving eve . Was @ Kmart by 5am T-Day morning. Enjoyed turkey and the fixings. Got in line at TRU @ 5:30pm, we were 7th in line and it was snowing the entire 4.5 hours we waited there. Went to WM @ 10:30pm, was able to load everything form the midnight sale in my cart right away. Checked out about 12:30am and was home by 1am. Watched The Middle that I DVR'd, ate some more turkey and pie, then went to bed for a long nights sleep.

TRU was interesting this year. They still had over 1000 people show up before 10pm, but this time there was a news crew and security outside. Also a couple Sheriffs Deputies inside and standing with the employees at the front doors. They had the line different so there was no cross flow problems with entering, exiting, and register lines. It was really great and everything went smoothly.

I sat in line(15th in line) for the $198 e-machine laptop to have the line moved but they kept us all in order.. Our store sent someone to do a head count they had 68 of the laptops and only 45 people in line... When they brought out the pallet it had 44 laptops and a pallet was missing... They then brought out 9 compaq laptops and was going to give the better laptop to the people at the end of the line till all of the people at the front started screaming that the ones who had been in that line for hours should get the better laptops so the manager was called and he agreed with all of us in line and then they brought over about 10 of the $298 hp laptops from the bf ad and gave us all tickets with the price over ride..

I got the hp for $198

I had 100% of my Christmas shopping for others done already (thanks to Gottadeal, Target Perimeter Perusing and other awesome shopping over the past few months). So today was just for me and my hubby and we didn't really have anything that would break our hearts not to get. It was nice to not have that pressure!!

So we started at Old Navy at 4:30 and each got a few pairs of pants and tops - no line. Then we went to Gordman's and picked up a couple of pairs of fleece sleep pants for $4 each. Again, no line. Then we stopped and got a cup of coffee and muffin and decided to try Target, but when we got there, the first wave of shoppers were still in the 8 mile line, so we decided to come back since we really didn't want anything big. So then we went to Home Depot and got a steam mop and tool box - no lines. Then it was off to the mall and we picked up 1 thing each at Sears and Younkers (no waiting) and hubby found a few video games at Gamestop. We were in and out of the mall in about 20 minutes. Next was Petsmart (probably my favorite stop!!) where we got some treats and toys for 50% off for the doggies. Next was Office Max for a label maker, a couple of memory sticks and some computer speakers. Here was where our "no line" trend stopped ... we had to wait about 45 minutes in line, but fortunately everyone was in a really good mood and no one was cranky about it. Plus the next store we wanted to go to didn't open until 8, so it killed the perfect amount of time indoors!!

Then we went to a couple of local stores and picked up some small items - no waiting again. Then it was back to Target. By this time it was about 8:30 so the mass initial rush had passed. I scored the last fire bowl and the last stand mixer, a couple of the inexpensive towels ... and it was so dead at that point that we even bought some necessities like dog food! It made the clerk laugh that we were buying dog food on Black Friday. So, all in all we managed to get everything we were looking for with *mostly* no waiting in line.

Thanks, Gottadeal, for helping with another Black Friday success!!

My first time posting...YAYY!

Started Thanksgiving and bought Glee and Modern Family for 19.99 and Community for $12.

Got to WM at 11ish and waited at the movies, while my sister waited by the vacuums.

- Got several movies and blu-rays - some were misplaced and were gradually put out between 12 and 5am - people were upset about that...also the movies were in the dairy section - which I thought was great, because no one could find them...less of a crowd!

- Sister got two vacuums and a bunch of the $7 collage picture frames

- Got 4 of the $6 pillow and blanket pairs

At 5am, grabbed two of the $69 blu ray players, a 4gb usb drive, a memory card, and a $10 hdmi cord.

Out of WM by 5:10.

- Went to Pennys and got a color changing iHome and sister got some tshirts. Worst part about Pennys is the line.

- Out by 6am

- Went to Target and super unimpressed by the movies. Sister grabbed a bunch and an EZ bake oven.

They wouldn't price match. Didn't fight it because I didn't want to waste time.

- Went to BBW and got a bag.

- Went to Walgreens

- Home by 7am

Super impressed by Walmart this year, unlike years past. Very organized and not chaotic. They price matched a TRU ad also.

Still getting stuff on Amazon as we speak! YAYAYYY!

Can't wait until next year!!:cheesy:

I hope a very plesant expierence today. Despite waiting in checkout over an hour at Menard's, it was worth it. Anyways, my loot included:

Family Game Night 3 for XBOX 360 (after 20 dollar gc, I paid 7.95 plus free shipping)

All the Fast & Furious movies

a small crockpot

5 fleece blankets

CD holder (holds 206 CDS)

batteries

Hot wheels

hand warmers

Christmas Vacation DVD (misplaced mine)

Marley and Me DVD

2 TB external Hard Drive

Blue Jeans

and probably more

I really only wanted the hard drive and some cheap movies, I was happy overall. I would have bought the 20 dollar camcorder at Menards, but it was sold out before I could get it.

I planned on getting to WM by 11:30, however, I overslept and didn't wake up until 3am, due to being up all night the night before with my sick dd. Oh well, didn't need any of the big ticket items. Got everything I went for except the waffle maker, got there at 4:00 and was out by 4:45. Headed to the mall, went to Old Navy, got dd a pair of jeans, then to American Eagle, Charlotte Rouse and Bath & Body, no lines at all. Headed over to another mall about 20 miles away, stopped by TRU didn't get anything there, was just in checking to see what they had left. Other mall, hit VS got dd everything she wanted there. Came back to my town, hit Kohls, Target and Lowes. Never waited more than 5 min in any line. It was an amazing low key and easy black friday.

Went to my local WalMart this morning with the sole purpose of getting 2 of the $39 WD 500gb portable hard drives. The associates told me they did not receive any of them and just 3 of the 1.5 Seagates in the ad, which were already gone. After finding several 500gb WD's on the shelf, I asked the store manager if they could sell me those for the same price since it was the same exact item, same brand, size everything, just a different barcode. He said they could not honor the ad price because those were only for the promo items they send on Black Friday. Plus, no rainchecks as usual. I called the next closest store, and they didn't get them either. So forget about the damn price matching. They won't even match their own damn ad with the same identical item. I am done with Black Friday doorbusters. If I can't buy it online, to hell with it. I emailed WalMart, but I'll die of shock if they do anything to remedy it. I've worked as a retail manager for almost 10 yrs & there's no way in hell I could continually piss on my customers the way Wal Mart does. If at all possible, I'll shop somewhere else.

Was at end of line for kohls opening. The line to checkout was wrapped around the store by 3:15. Decided to come back later. At penneys for opening with only ten others. Easy in and out. Then to target. Police activity in the parking lot. Got pjs and the scooter and back to kohls and only took about 30 mins to check out. Old navy was out if control around 8am. People said they had been in line for over an hour. There was nothing I needed that badly so I left. Good day overall.

Started by pre BF experience on Wed night.

Gymboree went live at 10:50 p.m. - had my cart ready and out by 11:00 -

Thurs - CVS, got my mp3 player and B1G1 toys

Thurs p.m. -

Ordered dishwasher for MIL at 7:30 online..... at BF price!!!! (love online shopping)

Left at 9:30 to WM for first time and was allowed to put items in cart. Walked around and movies came out near dairy section - scored a lot of the 1.98 movies. MIL & SIL were 2nd in line at checkout was out by 12:15 p.m.

Was very impressed with WM, was really scared with horror stories.

Slept for 2 hrs and headed out to JCP. There wasw a line on all doors as opposed to last year when I was 1st in line..... anyways... was able to get a set of the luggage and coffee mugs.

Headed to Macys and scored on clothes and shoes.... then to Gymboree to pick up holds done on Wed..

Met DH for breakfast with kids and swapped kids. He went to Office Depot and scored on some computer related items...

Overall beautiful experience.... LOVE, LOVE BF & GOTTA DEAL!!!!

Am not happy with Walmart! We were there at 1 for the 5am sale, at 12:01 when you could get the items for the midnight sale they gave out the tickets for the 5am doorbusters. By 12:05 everyone had a ticket and was checking out! We were soooooooo mad! :mad: Can't believe they did that. If that was the case they should have advertised them for midnight! By 1:00 they were completely sold out of the small appliances, towels and toys they had for midnight. I did see a lady with a buggy full (piled up to her eyes) of the cheap towels. Now I don't know about you but I don't need a towel that bad. :yawn:

This one's not about what I bought, but what someone else wanted to buy....

Those of you who are camping veterans are very used to having people drive up in the days and hours leading up to the store opening and asking one of the same few questions: "Are they open?", "What time did you get here?", "What are you waiting to buy?"...etc. Today, someone got me with a question that I've never heard in 10+ years of doing this. A guy gets out of his car, surveys the Best Buy entrance and then scans the sidewalk that is jammed with every piece of camping gear imaginable. He walks up to me at the front of the line and says..."Are these tents for sale?" I was dumbfounded. I honestly thought that I misheard him. When he started to clarify, I realized he thought that we were having some kind of community garage sale...on the Best Buy sidewalk...in pouring rain with 20mph+ winds...ON THANKSGIVING!

...which is why this craziness never gets old.

Ordered a refurbed nook yesterday. CHecked online prices off and on for Brad, got up, went to Woodcrafters to pick up cherry board but found they weren't opening for an hour. Left there, went to Gamestop (which I called Games n Gadgets all day, not enough sleep will do that) picked up the game my oldest wanted and actually gave me the money to purchase. Drove to the beach, fed brothers cats and gave Woodie his insulin. Drove back to woodcrafters, bought 9 foot piece of board, had adventure loading it in minivan. Drove home, ate leftovers and drank more diet dew, checked online pricing, computer wasn't fast enough to get the kindle for me (oh well), couldn't afford it anyway. Drove to beach removed 9 foot board from minivan and hauled up the hill to parents house, fed cats, gave cat more insulin. Admonished cats not to use wood as scratching post as their human father would be displeased. Drove home avoiding 2 more near accidents (had two near misses Wed night). Finally found measuring tape, discovered youngest child needs new jeans that are 6 inches smaller then when school started (in the waist). Ordered clothes from Kohls and JCP. Tired now.

I started w/ Walgreen's Thanksgiving morning. I got 2 of the webkinz and the skullcandy ear buds.

The "bads": TRU was only letting 50 people in at a time, but not waiting for 50 people to come out. So I'm not sure what their thought process on this was. We ended up outside for nearly 2.5 hours in the cold, windy, rain. It was brutal, and I'm not sure it was worth it. (My husband came out around 11pm and brought us dry clothes and shoes :)). This is also the second year we have not purchased anything from Walmart. This used to be our biggest and #1 stop on BF. However, ever since we got a 24 hour supercenter, the entire BF thing has been screwed up there.

The "good": I never encountered anyone pushing or running into people with their carts. Our Target had local police officers keeping order to the lines in the store. This was huge because it took nearly 3-4 hours to get through checkout there in years past. This year we got what we wanted and were out within an hour. I also thought the 50% off storewide for Gap was the best sale on clothes we seen.

My final thought, I really disliked having to start at 10pm the night before. I will not do this again. It was not as enjoyable store hopping while I was dead on my feet tired. I think this is going to become a trend, and I think this will be my last BF not shopping online.

I was not planning on doing the sales, as I mentioned in another thread, but while here visiting some friends in the N.C. mountains decided to hit the local Wal-Mart (in Franklin, not a Super Wal-Mart) before heading on up to their cabin. Was starting to come down with a sore throat and thought I'd pick up some medicine-- noticed that it didn't look THAT crowded when driving by, though there were people of course. Good thing I did, made out like a bandit, got a lot of my Christmas shopping taken care of. :D

Was shocked at how many of the doorbusters were still sitting there. Especially the TVs; I got one of the $59 RCA portable digitals as a gift for someone. Not sure exactly who will get it yet though, lol-- tempted to keep it! I had to ask a worker since it was after 11, and he said that though it was supposed to be til then, it was really just until they ran out, so price was still good. At least five others sitting there. Lots of the other TVs were just sitting around. At least three of the 19" deal; quite a few of the 50" Sanyo Plasma, ect. That one made me feel silly, since as I mentioned elsewhere recently bought the 42" one; could have gotten that for not much more had I waited. They were just then selling the last of the $89 DS lites. They had more of the $29 digital photo frames and the GPS systems ($79 I think) than I could count. Basically, I didn't really notice any of the special displays in the isles cleaned out. I noticed a ton of the printers, though in fairness I didn't see computers themselves.

Also got the new George Bush book my husband wanted for $14 (usually $24) a cologne that he said usually goes for $24.50 for $9, several other cologne sets and some DVDs. Some slippers for my mom, some bath stuff for myself, the 25th anniversary DSi XL bundle for my friends' daughters. Walked right up to the cashier with no line. Plenty of parking; didn't even park all that far out. Employees were all very friendly and helpful. Usually I don't come up here that much this time of year-- mostly come up during the warmer months for rockhounding/gem mining-- but think we may be spending next Thanksgiving here too if I see any BF Wal-Mart deals I want. ;)

I live in Omha, NE and I wanted that $198 laptop sooo bad!

Went to WM at 9:30 pm to check out how many people are waiting.(I live like 10 mins from WM)

There were at least 20 people ahead of me, so I stayed in line.

In a couple of hours, one group in front of me,(4 adults) left. Two behind me also left.

One of the managers came and started counting people in line and told us they've got 57 laptops.

around 1am or so, the manager came back, now they have only 22!!!

I was 16th in line and got one!

It was so crazy how people got mad and furious if anyone was holding spot for someone else.

Did you guys get everything you wanted?

How should I put this my shopping experiece SUCKED!!!!!It started off great got everything thing i went TRU for then headed to ON got in line 3 person, got everything i wanted in and out in 15 mins. Walked over the Disney store picked up the few things i needed there and then headed to Target by 1:15..Was about 25 in the line...My son calls around 1:45 and asks me can I bring you coffee and of course I said yes..So around 2:10 he shows up with the coffee, I walk over to my car to get my chairs to find my door wide open and everything that i just bought stolen right out of my car.My purse was also in my car under the front seat they got that too. My GPS was in there..Thankfully none of my CC or money, I had all of that in my inside pocket., but my DL and my wallet is gone.I come running back over to where I was in line to ask the women behind me( she works for Targets Corporate office in Min, she was here visiting) who is in charge of security, and she points him out and i tell him what happened, he is very helpful, calls the police and they come and to make this long story short. they wont take a report because they said that i probably didnt close the door all the way and the person who did this just walked up and opened the door...So target tells me they have cameras all over and I tell the cop this, and says with all do respect this a shopping parking lot most of them are broken and the picture sucks...So i tellt he nice guy i was talking to and he goes back up to the cop, to make him fill out a report and he will not do..so im waiting for target to view the tapes to see what they can see..

Great days, both yesterday and today.

Thanksgiving...got 2 comforters online from Kohl's, and an 8 port network switch from Newegg.

Today...day started at 4:00 waiting at Office Depot. DW needs a new laptop, and their $329.99 one (AR) was the best deal in a mid range laptop. Temp was 12 degrees when I got there, and was about 20th in line. About 4:45 they set out hot chocolate and coffee for us (a couple infrared heaters would have been AWESOME as my toes were like ice cubes). About 5:30 handed out tickets - SCORE! Went next door to Target to warm up until the store opened at 6:00. Went in, straight to the line, got the lappy, and was out the door by about 6:20. On the way out the ticket guys was standing at the door, so asked what was left. THEY STILL HAD THE LAPPY's!!! Waited in the cold when I could have shown up at 6:00 and got it! Oh well, you just never know.

Next, Kohls. Forgot to put the deep fryer with the comforters in the online order yesterday. Got there, lines went to the back of the store. Found it...they still had about 6 on the floor. Grabbed one and headed to customer service in the back. Three registers going, only about 6 people ahead of me. In and out in in 15 minutes, and that included a potty break.

Headed to Sam's for free breakfast...all gone except for bananas and coffee. Refilled the coffee, passed on the bananas, headed next door to Petsmart. With 4 cats, their Tidy Cat was just too good to pass up. First pass...$7.99 a bucket with the $1.00 coupons I got online. Went out to the car, opened them, got the $5.00 coupons out, back in. Got that batch for $3.99. Repeated 2 more times, so now have a 6+ month supply.

Now it's 7:30 or so...so went to Walmart next door to assess the devastation. Store was relatively quiet. They still had some of the 5:00 doorbusters, like the Phillips Blu-ray home theater, both desktop computers, and the blu-ray players (except for the Magnavox). Since DD and DW are getting me a Blu-ray player, decided to see if I could find any of them left. Surprise, surprise, surprise...Got all 3 Lord of the Rings, Notebook, Blindside and a couple others I can't remember. Also grabbed a couple of the Monster $10.00 HDMI cables (ok, ok, I know they are overpriced to begin with) and a couple of the Rubbermaid sets.

After that it was hunger...and done, so headed home for pancakes and sausage. Now it's time to do up the rebates (only 2) and take a nap. Overall, got everything I was after and then some.

If you need more cables check monoprice.com my husband uses them for personal and business purchases and LOVES them. Great prices too!

Was up until 2:30 in the morning on Thanksgiving morning trying to order the TomTom GPS for $99.99 at BB, and gave up for the night. Got online around 8 yesterday and was still able to get it--yay!! Went to TRU for the first time for BF, and was in line just after 8. All I really wanted was the Santa sing-a-ma-jig, but had a few other things that I would like to have, but no biggie if I didn't get them. As the doors were about to open at 10, it looked like there were a bunch of line jumpers getting ahead of us, when in actuality, it was the LINE TO GET INTO THE STORE, WRAPPED AROUND THE ENTIRE BUILDING, and starting again...INCREDIBLE!! Never seen anything like it. There was a cop there, and everyone went in in an orderly fashion...I was in and out with all I wanted in 15 minutes. Headed to our outlets and stood waiting for the Disney store to open at midnight (about an hour and a half wait). Got my stuff there, in and out in 15 minutes. Bought stuff at Gymbo outlet, took 45 minutes to check out. Walked in and out of TCP and Carter's for too long lines, went Stride Rite and Rack Room Shoes. Then off to Target, across the street, and waited close to 2 hours. Again line jumpers thought they'd get in front of the line to get in, and just prior to opening, two cop cars came and parked in front of the entrance, and made them all either walk to the end of the line (wrapped around the building), or wait for everyone else to get in. Was in and out with video games, sheets, and pajamas so fast that I had to cut in front of people STILL ENTERING THE STORE FROM THE LINE to get to the parking lot--couldn't believe that!!

Had my GD shirt on, and had LOTS of people staring and whispering, and a few laughs...by 5, I was so tired, I forgot I had it on, lol!

Last night on amazon I ordered every blu-ray movie (except one) I had been thinking about getting at Walmart.

I then stayed up until Walmart.com went live and ordered the other movie I wanted, a pair of jeans, and the magnavox blu-ray player.

The player had free shipping and the jeans and movie were .97 shipping on each.

Then thanks to post here I went back to amazon and ordered an Xbox controller.

I also noticed the $29 router at Walmart and decided to order that, and it also had free shipping.

Then I went to bed and slept in for the first BF morning in years!

This morning I tried to order the Kindle deal on amazon but was unsuccessful.

I order some gifts on verabradley.com--on sale and free shipping.

Then, after finding out for sure that the magnavox I had ordered did not have Netflix and finding out they were selling a similar model for the same $69 at the store that did have it, I sent my hubby to pick up that model.

In the past, I did some BF shopping online but always ended up at the store too. It was nice to stay home this year! And the best part was that I paid less than $2 total on shipping for everything!

Thanks Gottadeal!!