BestBuy.com Black Friday Sale [Now Online!]

Brad

Here's a trick that might work if you see "Coming Soon" when you look to buy some of the doorbusters.... I just completed a purchase and received the order confirmation email for a new Nook at $99.99 because I used the Best Buy Android App to find the item and place the order. I guess the Web site, and the phone app don't really use the same code to watch what time it is. :-)

What app did you use? Mine only lets me browse products.

What app did you use? Mine only lets me browse products.

In the Android market, search "pname:com.bestbuy.android", or text "APP" to 332211 to get a link.

Inside the app, search "1051213" for the nook, and it should come up with the item. Click the item, and you should see the "Add to Cart" button

Edited by rgagnon
add more info

Ugh! got on the site and added 2 ACER laptops to my cart, couldn't use my rewardzone certificate b/c I forgot my login and Best Buy takes forever to send an email. Said forget this, I'll use the cert on something else and went ahead with purchase. Everytime it got to the payment info, the site froze. After the third time, I closed out and pulled the site up on my iPHONE. Got right through with confimation number, now I'm just waiting for my email...keeping my fingers crossed that all went well with the order!

In the Android market, search "pname:com.bestbuy.android", or text "APP" to 332211 to get a link.

Inside the app, search "1051213" for the nook, and it should come up with the item. Click the item, and you should see the "Add to Cart" button

Not working on my backflip droid.... figures

Here's a trick that might work if you see "Coming Soon" when you look to buy some of the doorbusters.... I just completed a purchase and received the order confirmation email for a new Nook at $99.99 because I used the Best Buy Android App to find the item and place the order. I guess the Web site, and the phone app don't really use the same code to watch what time it is. :-)

This worked great! No more refreshing and waiting! Thank you!!!

I'm getting too sleepy for this... what time do you think the newspaper will be at the gas station?

I would guess around 2 to 3 am depending on the size of the market you live in.

Our paper-delivery person drops ours in the driveway around that time each morning.---- Don't ask me how I know this :-)

Not working on my backflip droid.... figures

That sucks. I wonder why that would be? My Samsung Galaxy S is using droid 2.1... Maybe it has something to do with that which might govern the version of the App you get? I wouldn't really know. It's just a guess

Awesome, got the item I wanted. Another reason why Android > Iphone. Some items are unavailable even on the app like the vaio notebook

Awesome, got the item I wanted. Another reason why Android > Iphone. Some items are unavailable even on the app like the vaio notebook

Even though Android is much better than the iWishiWasAPhone, I don't think we want to start that war here (haha) :razz:

I have been waiting all night for the nook... I tried the Android app with no success. I called customer service to see if there was a work around. I was told that there is a misprint in the ad and it will not be available until Midnight friday online. I was also advised that anyone that purchased it through the app wouldn't receive it. If you were able to purchase - you may want to verify with customer service just in case.... So totally bummed. I stayed up all this time for nothing!

So they are telling you 12:01 am Friday morning? Hah when I called to get my order fixed they said 5:00 am EST today. Is it asking too much for Best Buy to keep their representatives informed? :)

For those looking for the Nook Barnes and Noble is selling them refurbished from their Ebay store. The 3G/Wifi one is $99.00 and the Wifi only verison is $84.00. All items ship free. I picked one up a week ago and it was brand new in retail packaging. Something to think about at least for y'all.

I have been waiting all night for the nook... I tried the Android app with no success. I called customer service to see if there was a work around. I was told that there is a misprint in the ad and it will not be available until Midnight friday online. I was also advised that anyone that purchased it through the app wouldn't receive it. If you were able to purchase - you may want to verify with customer service just in case.... So totally bummed. I stayed up all this time for nothing!

I wish the work-around worked for everyone. Whether the order I made gets reversed or not--we'll wait and see. I mostly doubt that it will as these things are all handled in an automated manner, and it would take some special request from Best Buy to have their IT department run a query for those orders. Probably not worth the headache really. Mostly I would guess the rep. told you that to give the appearance that everyone should be treated fairly, when in fact I would think they have no clue what you were talking about. $5 says the rep. got off the phone and asked the guy next to him what an android was.

What?!?! I hope this is not the case. I already received my confirmation email and it said it is in the process of being filled. :(