BestBuy.com Black Friday Sale [Now Online!]

Brad

They both are about the same. The Samsung will 'play' blu-ray movies. But you will probably have to buy software to 'make movies' on either one. Other than that the speed, size and graphics are about the same.

I have been looking at the Samsung also. What do you mean when you say "play blu ray" Will there be a problem with going with it. I am looking for a laptop for basic stuff, email, surfing, pictures and I will be loading on a transcription program since I am going back to school for Medical Transcription and Billing & Coding. Thought the blu ray would be a little extra. I dont know how the Vaio Laptops are, I used to have a Vaio Desktop and it lasted me 7 years and then I gave it to my Nephew and he still uses it 3 years later.

I liked the Samsung better than the HP and Toshiba listed in the Black Friday ad.

could you imagine what it would look like if they pulled this stunt IN STORE? LOL. You'd see people going nuts all over the place.

They do this every year, online. It's always a big giant cluster and you sit there and fall asleep drooling on the keyboard.

Seriously though, does anyone have the silver rewards customer service number?

They do this every year, online. It's always a big giant cluster and you sit there and fall asleep drooling on the keyboard.

Seriously though, does anyone have the silver rewards customer service number?

Ahhh...Silver Rewards. Had I known of the edge this would have given me on BF. I would have added a few items to top the spending cap when I bought my 3D TV at BB this year.

Ahhh...Silver Rewards. Had I known of the edge this would have given me on BF. I would have added a few items to top the spending cap when I bought my 3D TV at BB this year.

It has its perks, not going to lie. But they do have their own special customer service number and a nice lady on the other end will usually hint at what time your item will be released, on top of the extra return policy.

It has its perks, not going to lie. But they do have their own special customer service number and a nice lady on the other end will usually hint at what time your item will be released, on top of the extra return policy.

Right now, I'd about give you my first born if you'd call and give US the hint on what you find out...

I have been looking at the Samsung also. What do you mean when you say "play blu ray" Will there be a problem with going with it. I am looking for a laptop for basic stuff, email, surfing, pictures and I will be loading on a transcription program since I am going back to school for Medical Transcription and Billing & Coding. Thought the blu ray would be a little extra. I dont know how the Vaio Laptops are, I used to have a Vaio Desktop and it lasted me 7 years and then I gave it to my Nephew and he still uses it 3 years later.

I liked the Samsung better than the HP and Toshiba listed in the Black Friday ad.

The Samsung will let you watch blu-ray movies on it. But you will not be able to 'burn' information onto a blu-ray disc, only a regular dvd. Most of your cheaper laptops with blu-ray will only let you watch blu-rays, not burn to them.

It's funny to see all the PA people online here. We're in for some crappy weather tomorrow night in to BF morning.

No kidding...I did recon at TRU tonight, and was told last year two hours prior to midnight open, there were already about 60 people in line, and the guy told me that if I'm one of the first 50 tomorrow, I'll get a free umbrella...will that be BEFORE or AFTER I'm already soaked from waiting two hours in the rain? NOT looking forward to that...

Right now, I'd about give you my first born if you'd call and give US the hint on what you find out...

Ok... i called. While they are releasing things now, they said most (aka the good stuff) won't be released until mid morning 7am-12p CST. He had no information about your netbooks or the laptops but they are playing with the prices and won't be releasing the cool stuff until the morning. If you want to brave it all night, have fun. My Premiere Silver self is going to bed, he did say though that there would not be re-releases of the same products (e.g. video games released today and then again tomorrow). When they are sold out, they are sold out but it's not happening until "mid-morning". And he was very specific on the time frame of 7a-12p CST. By the way, they do this EVERY year and EVERY year everyone gets all riled. I bet they have a blast doing it.

Ok... i called. While they are releasing things now, they said most (aka the good stuff) won't be released until mid morning 7am-12p CST. He had no information about your netbooks or the laptops but they are playing with the prices and won't be releasing the cool stuff until the morning. If you want to brave it all night, have fun. My Premiere Silver self is going to bed, he did say though that there would not be re-releases of the same products (e.g. video games released today and then again tomorrow). When they are sold out, they are sold out but it's not happening until "mid-morning". And he was very specific on the time frame of 7a-12p CST. By the way, they do this EVERY year and EVERY year everyone gets all riled. I bet they have a blast doing it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and with THAT, I'm off to bed!