Is anyone else disappointed with Toys R Us ad?

Cremer83

So after looking at the ad this year, I am really disappointed. I thought that last year Toys R US had one of the better ads for the Black Friday season and this year IMO they dont really have to many great deals. Also another thing I dont like, is that the store opens at 10pm but some of the deals dont start till 5am?? So basically if I want a hot item I have to get there at opening (10 pm) and wait around in the store for 7 hrs to check out? yeah thats def not going to happen. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I do not want to panic anyone...but my dh had mentioned to him that his friend that is a dm at a walmart mentioned to him that they are doing two sets of doorbusters as well...this is in NO way confirmed and my dh totally could of misunderstood...but Im just putting on here what he was told...

I have never gone to TRU on BF, or any other time for that matter, only because I have no kids and the toys I do need to buy can be found at Target, etc. lol

I did look at the ad though, and wow. What is going on this year? No new "hot" toys, no video game/console bundles (so far)....kind of lackluster compared to even last year.

Of course, it depends on what you're looking for, but these are a little lame! lol

Still have Kmart and Wally World, though, so perhaps they'll have something better.

None of the hot toys the kids want. I know a lot of people who did not buy the monster high and squinkies because they thought they'd have an awesome sale (bundle packs or exclusives) on BF. Now they are sold out and there won't be any deal on BF.

My area Targets recently installed new Monster High Displays with TV monitor showing episode clips. Of course the shelves are bare but I hope this means they are expecting stock soon????

Do we really need a thread just for people to say they're disappointed? If so, we may as well have one for each store's ad, because half the people that see any given one will be unhappy. Really, though, people should know better - TRU in particular never has the hottest toys for good deals...and why would they? You're gonna buy them anyway!

no monster high dolls on the ad..... *sigh*...... has anyone seen a BF ad with these in it?

I was also hoping to see Monster High Dolls. Very disappointed in this ad. Nothing my kids want is in here. No "hot" toys....whats up with that???

My area Targets recently installed new Monster High Displays with TV monitor showing episode clips. Of course the shelves are bare but I hope this means they are expecting stock soon????

Our Target stores (I shop at 4 different ones) have been having the display with tv monitor for over a month now if not longer, and they never have the dolls in stock, just the plush ones and Cleo De Nile $29 set, oh and the fortune tellers. I will say that I have collected three different ones (Frankie Stein, Lagoona Blue, and Draculaura) from Target when I went on a weekday morning (find out when they are doing toy stock) and I found the Clawdeen Wolf doll at TRU first thing in the morning on Sunday, there was only one and it was shoved to the back. Also you might want to check your larger chain grocery stores, we have a grocery store out here called H-E-B and they had a display case full a few weeks ago, also they had the Stinky the Garbage truck for $44.99 regular price. Grocery store chains don't really advertise their toys they'll just be on an endcap. Kroger's if you have one had the Tangled Rapunzel doll for $9.99, it's the same one WM has in its ad for $12.

What do you guys think of the Train table and train set? I don't remember seeing any other train tables in the ads, and I doubt Wal-Mart will have one.

I got one last year from TRU (not on BF) that has the drawers. It's the same brand, Imaginarium, and I haven't had one issue with it. My 4 year old is a total train lover and plays with it almost every day. The drawers are nice because extra pieces can be thrown in, but this looks like there might be room for a Rubbermaid storage bin underneath. I paid around $115 for it last year because I had a $10 coupon. So 79.99 seems like a good deal to me.

I was more disappointed with the Target ad than this one. I'm wondering if they are going to open for a couple hours and then close until 4 am? Because the ad says something like 10pm-1 am and other items say 4 am by them ???? How would you line up for 4 am if you didn't want to go in at 10? Or would you get there at 10 pm and stay in the store holding your items until 4 am? I guess we will find out in a couple weeks.....

So after looking at the ad this year, I am really disappointed. I thought that last year Toys R US had one of the better ads for the Black Friday season and this year IMO they dont really have to many great deals. Also another thing I dont like, is that the store opens at 10pm but some of the deals dont start till 5am?? So basically if I want a hot item I have to get there at opening (10 pm) and wait around in the store for 7 hrs to check out? yeah thats def not going to happen. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Doesn't it take 6.5 hours to get through the checkout line? :eyepoppin

I was disappointed in the ad too. TRU usually manages to make a buy on an old, out of print Lego set and sells it just on BF. No such Lego set this year. And the ones they do have on sale are only 30% off. Like that Lego Creator House. 30% off? WM has had that set on clearance for months!

Our Target stores (I shop at 4 different ones) have been having the display with tv monitor for over a month now if not longer, and they never have the dolls in stock, just the plush ones and Cleo De Nile $29 set, oh and the fortune tellers. I will say that I have collected three different ones (Frankie Stein, Lagoona Blue, and Draculaura) from Target when I went on a weekday morning (find out when they are doing toy stock) and I found the Clawdeen Wolf doll at TRU first thing in the morning on Sunday, there was only one and it was shoved to the back. Also you might want to check your larger chain grocery stores, we have a grocery store out here called H-E-B and they had a display case full a few weeks ago, also they had the Stinky the Garbage truck for $44.99 regular price. Grocery store chains don't really advertise their toys they'll just be on an endcap. Kroger's if you have one had the Tangled Rapunzel doll for $9.99, it's the same one WM has in its ad for $12.

I agree with checking your grocery stores. Ours, Shoprite, had Stinky the Garbage Truck for $39.99 and the IXL for $59.99 with a free game. I remember last year they had the best prices on the Fisher Price Sports and Learning things that you connect to the TV.

I got one last year from TRU (not on BF) that has the drawers. It's the same brand, Imaginarium, and I haven't had one issue with it. My 4 year old is a total train lover and plays with it almost every day. The drawers are nice because extra pieces can be thrown in, but this looks like there might be room for a Rubbermaid storage bin underneath. I paid around $115 for it last year because I had a $10 coupon. So 79.99 seems like a good deal to me.

Thanks for the information. I definitely think I need to get this one. I went to Toys R Us today and looked at the train set that is free with it, and it's pretty nice.

Do we really need a thread just for people to say they're disappointed? If so, we may as well have one for each store's ad, because half the people that see any given one will be unhappy. Really, though, people should know better - TRU in particular never has the hottest toys for good deals...and why would they? You're gonna buy them anyway!

Again, I totally agree with you! People were saying the same thing last year about TRU, that none of the new toys were on sale. And TRU had 2 Doorbusters last year, 12am and 1pm. I'm no expert but I have never noticed a lot of the NEW toys on BF specials. It also seems to me a lot of the bonus deals on the new toys hit the shelves for the season, not for a BF draw. I think if people were waiting for BF to buy new popular toys, they had to know they were taking a risk.

Doesn't it take 6.5 hours to get through the checkout line? :eyepoppin

I was disappointed in the ad too. TRU usually manages to make a buy on an old, out of print Lego set and sells it just on BF. No such Lego set this year. And the ones they do have on sale are only 30% off. Like that Lego Creator House. 30% off? WM has had that set on clearance for months!

I was really hoping for the lego star wars AT AT walker to be on sale some where for a sweet deal and it has yet to be seen. My fiance picked up quite a bit last year from TRU but this year I think we are gonna skip it and get a TV at target.

I'm just peeved with the lack of information on the netbook for 79 in the ad. I am not standing in line for something that may or may not be what I need. Our 5 kids want their own laptops that will let them play online games do youtube and facebook. But from what Ive read the cheaper netbooks don't have adobe which online games and youtube need to run. Im not computer savy and have no idea what that really all means.