How Much Money do you take out on Black Friday?

sweetdiggity

How Much will you spend this year compared to Black Friday 2009?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How Much will you spend this year compared to Black Friday 2009?

• More than last year
    • About the same as last year
    • Less than last year

I'll be spending much less. This year has been really hard on us financially so we are on a very tight budget. Oh well, it will still be fun!!! Nothing like getting mauled at 5 in the morning to save $10 on an action figure! :)

I will be spending much less. I spent significantly more than I wanted to last year and paid for it. But the good thing is we don't really need anything...lots of still unused stuff from last year and lots of great stuff that has already been used... got almost everything the family could possibly want. So, we will be cutting spending by about 1/3, maybe more, but I know me...I love a bargain! So 1/3 or thereabouts will be realistic.

Less. We always put money into a Christmas Club each year, but this year we haven't been able to put as much in as we'd have liked. Credit card is out because we already have stuff charged on it and I don't want it any higher. Our older son is a senior this year so part of his Christmas present is his class trip to New York.

More. My kids are now are DD10 and DS15 (soon to be 16). Both want electronics.

My husband and I are getting our son a laptop/case/wireless mouse

We are getting our daughter a 32" tv for her room LCD w/ wall mount. I figure just with these items it will be over $800.

Already bought my daughter her Bobby Jack Burst my Bubble bedding set. Got delivered yesterday. LOVE IT. Comforter/sheets/pillow case/sham/BJ decorative pillow was $105

I will be spending less, since my kids already have everything:D I keep asking them what they want and the answers are DS " only Halo Reach" and DD "nothing" I have already started getting gift cards so I wont be spending cash or credit:D Edited by racerfan

ok I do everything in cash, no cc's or checks. Last yr I took about $800 or so. Can't remember exactly. Did pretty good for ourselves. It is SO hard for me to save money though. I actually set aside $700 6 weeks before and was hoping to add to it but expenses got in the way(son clogged the toilet) and it quickly dwindled so I replenished what I could. What are your tips and secrets for saving money? HOW do you do it without being tempted to spend it? And on average how much do you usually spend bf?

I personally would never bring $800 cash into a place that crowded with people, I'd deposit it and bring a debit card or credit card or get one of those pre-paid credit cards. I also always have back-up credit cards just in case there is any problems. I've never gotten home and added up all my receipts so I have no idea what I've spent that day.

I usually take around 800-1000. I usually have some cash, use my debit card, and then since we have scrip at my ds school I buy $25 to different stores each week from when school starts up until black friday and then that way our tution doesn't go up ( have to spend 1000) and a certian % goes back to the school. I give to dh and he keeps them so I don't spend them. Last year they had the visa cards and it was so nice because I could use them anywhere but they don't have them this year so I have to go back to each store. It all works out in the end though! and NO CREDIT CARDS!!!! thats the best part..lol..

This year my best year so far for BF on my single person purchasing. I am buying for 1 person. And last year was sad but 180.00 and this year saved up way early and got 700.00 so big smile and omg comments. Yet this year I hope to find bigger items to buy with it and not all clothing, so it probably won't be to much more presents wrapped under the tree. Also I take all cash with me and into the store. Somebody want my money you can try to steal it, but I wont be nice cause money is my family. Also a bad thing here is since such horrible economy/jobs/nothing happening here. Crime went up and specially in last 3 months a certain pack of people have been robbing all sorts of places/people in daylight and night time/morning. And its with plenty of people outside as well with them. One was at wallyworld and they got few hundred from a lady, so kinda worried about BF coming and they steal money then. But 1 person out of hundreds is a slim and nothing.

Had to worry about getting money together last year. This year I am more relaxed and have put money into a Christmas Club. I figure its money I can't touch and when I get the check at the end of October. I will still have a few weeks to add to it for BF. Still I try to budget the money, and if there is any extra it goes to buy more stuff for DD7

• 1 month later...

Every year, I feel like I go with less and less money, but I always end up getting the same great deals and feel like I buy just as much. I have become alot better at being organized enough to know that something is cheaper at one store over another. I think this year, I am only going to with about $500. I sure do hope that is enough. I am use to taking around $1,000. Well not in cash atleast. I usually get my christmas bonus at work a week later and get to hit the stores again that weekend.

How much do you guys spend in stocking stuffers as well. I have to buy stuff for 9 people to go in stockings. I easily spend $75. I really need to find a cheaper way of buying stuff to go in stockings without it being just a bunch of crap thats going to get tossed in the trash once the holidays are over.

I have to do 13 stockings. I am trying really hard to keep cost down. I have promised myself that I won't spend over $8 per stocking. I have gotten a lot of free stuff from Harbor Freight. (coupon in Sunday paper) and I used two coupons fron Office Depot for $10 off $20 (they had lots of dollar stuff) I have saving coupons for gum and candy to try to make that cheaper. Someone I know was given some free shaving cream and razors and gave them to me. Michaels had things like ice cream scoops and other things for $.10 to $.30 last Saturday too. So stocking are almost done I think!! YEAH

On Black Friday I have saved up almost $900. But I just spent $100 on Kohls.com so now I am down to $800. It sounds like a lot to me but I have 6 kids with 4 of them being married. parents, brother and SIL plus nephew. Thats just the imediate family. I am working on the budget now.

I'm not really sure yet. I've been killing myself these last few months trying to save a little and pay off as many bills as possible. Succeeded at that so now I am debt free and get to save the majority of my money from now until BF. I'm hoping to have close to $1,000 total but it may be closer to $700-$800.