How Much Money do you take out on Black Friday?

sweetdiggity

How Much will you spend this year compared to Black Friday 2009?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How Much will you spend this year compared to Black Friday 2009?

• More than last year
    • About the same as last year
    • Less than last year

I always take $1,000 every year but I don't always spend it all. I just like to know I have enough if I do find something.

Also we spend a lot more on stockings, it's the best part to me. But I only have to do my daughter, husband and mother.

Well, I usually spend around 1000-1500 hundred that day. I usually only carry a small bit of cash ( in case a machine is down somewhere), mostly on my debit card, and some on credit cards ( store cards that give awesome deals if you use them like gap, old navy, ny and company etc).... I CANT WAIT =)

Depends on the deals. If they suck as bad as last year it will be same or less. I wait to buy anything new for a few months knowing that the BF sales are usually good enough to save me enough money by waiting. If the sales are good I buy items to replace and upgrade items I already have. Last year I stuck pretty much to just gifts since there were no really great deals on the items I would normally upgrade. Last year was by far one of the cheapest BFs in years. I have about $4000 cash saved up, same as last year, in fact more than half of it IS from last year since I didn't need to spend it. A few years ago I would often spend at least $3000 in Best Buy alone. As the deals get worse, I buy less unnecessary items and stick just to gifts. Last year was the first year in a long time I didn't even go into BB for anything. I'm really hoping for a good BB sales year but with Circuit City gone I have my doubts. Circuit City used to be literally right across the street from Beast Buy where I shop.

I don't carry cash. I bring my credit card and make all of my purchases with it. That way if it does get lost or stolen I am only responsible for $50. I also use credit cards because my card tacks on an extra year warranty on my purchases so if something breaks after the manufacturer warranty then I am still covered. I pay the card off right away and we do not spend more then we have.

We'll probably be spending much less than last year. My husband was hurt at work earlier this year and was out for almost two months and we're still trying to get back on track from that. He's trying to work atleast another 30 hours overtime in October and November to cover black friday/Christmas shopping.

But in addition to that, we really have no clue what to get our son or his daughter for Christmas. There is nothing that they really want and no good toys are out. We honestly have no idea what we're going to get them! I'm glad though, because it will keep us from spending as much money... I definately don't want to buy junk just to buy something that day.

I don't carry cash, I write checks. I usually get the important stuff online at midnight, so I can just enjoy myself and browse while my mom freaks out because everything she wants is gone. My daughter divorced and she had 3 stepkids, so there are 4 less people to buy for, but i thought I'd spend more on her and my son is in Iraq so I won't spend as much on him since I have to ship it over there. My ds 13 can't think of anything because he has it all, but his portable dvd player is screwing up , so I'm going to get him a better one and he may want an ipod touch. I don't budget, just buy what I want.

It really depends on what the ads look like. Last year I had a nice amount available to me to spend, but spent just a little over $100 because the things I was looking for weren't on sale. I can see this year being the opposite because I am figuring I'll probably have about $300.00-$400.00 available to spend. We are also cutting back and keeping Christmas under a $1000.00 this year. That is good for us because we usually spend closer to $2500.00 a year.