What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

I think the hot toy whis year will be Squinkies. They are already sold out everywhere I have looked. To see what they are go to www.squinkies.com or look on the TRU website. My DD6 got one set and she loves them. Also, Zoobles is another thing that seems to be popular already but it is easier to find at this time.

Yes, DD saw the commercial for Squinkies and wants them. I have not seen them in stores yet. Also my local CVS had Pillow Pets and they were gone within a few days. It's so hard to predict what toy is going to be "the" toy of the season. Who predicted Zhu Zhus last year?! We need to talk to them! ;) Edited by Jen8112

At dinner tonight my DD6 was telling us what she wanted for her birthday. She didn't know what they were called, but I think that she was describing Zoobles and Squinkies - especially Squinkies. I just looked them up and my first thought was "Who actually pays for this floor-fodder?". Ahh but she loves them, what to do? That's it, commerical TV is now going to be forbidden from my house. I am positive that she learned about these from SpongeBob's commercials. We are going back to PBS!

Disclaimer: I am sure that these are great toys if you have children who take care of them. Mine does not.

I am glad that when asked my kids did not know what any of the toys on this list where, I wore myself out with Zhu Zhus last year so I don't want to be chasing any "hot toys" this year.

I totally agree. My DD8 doesn't know what these are either & I'm not gonna bring them to her attention lol ...I attempted to get her the Zhu Zhus last year, but I stopped after I seen how popular they were.

My daughters both want those squinkies but they seem so similiar to me as the littlest pet shop..n we have a million of those so i dont know...I know all 3 of my kids are desperate for pillow pets so that is on the list. I cant wait to start seeingads and getting closer so i have a better idea of what they want...I def do not wantt another zhu zhu pet type chase this year!

Hi all. I agree, Squinkies seem to be very popular right now and hard to find. Similar to Zhu Zhu Pets last year. My DD4 mentioned them to me a few weeks ago but I wasn't familiar with what they were. I went into their website and they seem really cute. Looks to be one of the hot toys this year.

Think I was one of the ones that predicted the Zhu Zhu "hottness" last year- after talking to several of my younger clients early on- lol. I haven't been able to really get into the spirit this year... but I will try to remember to start asking... lol.

Think I was one of the ones that predicted the Zhu Zhu "hottness" last year- after talking to several of my younger clients early on- lol. I haven't been able to really get into the spirit this year... but I will try to remember to start asking... lol.

I was the one that started the big Zhu Zhu thread last year (started 9/1 and was still going on Dec 31.. LOL! with 187 pages!!! LOL!!!) I can't believe we already knew and were searching high and low for them last year on 9/1.

I have no clue what the hot toy this year is! I have asked my nieces and their friends and most of them now want some form of electronics!

I was the one that started the big Zhu Zhu thread last year (started 9/1 and was still going on Dec 31.. LOL! with 187 pages!!! LOL!!!) I can't believe we already knew and were searching high and low for them last year on 9/1.

I have no clue what the hot toy this year is! I have asked my nieces and their friends and most of them now want some form of electronics!

LOL. I remember you starting it... it seems like there was a "hot toy" thread last year too that I had replied to... I only remember because my niece's birthday is in August and she had asked for one then, and I couldn't find them ANYWHERE.

On her list this year for her birthday - pillow pet, zhu zhu items, American girl items, and that was pretty much it - so she wasn't much help this year. lol.

I have seen them on Ebay a little cheaper, but I don't know that I would trust buying them on there. You never know it might not be the real "pillow pets". I have seen them around 7.00 plus 6.00 shipping but they would only take a check. So I don't think it is worth saving those few dollars.

My kids are freaking for the Xbox 360 Kinnect! It is a must have, here. My teenager wanted the 3DS, but I'm sceptical. I read a really bad review about it only looking great if it was within 12 inches of your face. Besides, both kids just got DSi's for Christmas last year and rarely play them anymore.

My kids are freaking for the Xbox 360 Kinnect! It is a must have, here. My teenager wanted the 3DS, but I'm sceptical. I read a really bad review about it only looking great if it was within 12 inches of your face. Besides, both kids just got DSi's for Christmas last year and rarely play them anymore.

If they don't play with their DSi's then I wouldn't bother with the 3DS. Every review that I have read has been great. Why would you hold it further than 12" from your face?

Browsed my walmart as they had a team of people clearning out toys today we now have FOUR aisles of clearance toys and the new things have started to arrive...My boys LOVE those new dumb cardboard guitars so I thought I'd mention those here.. I grabbed the 5-pack Zoobles to put up just because its a great deal for $12/5pack

I've picked up what seem to be going fast, Furreal Friends Furry Frienzies sets at Walmart only had 2 sets left and just ordered and elephant and zebra pillow pet. Now I just need to find those monster high dolls and I hopefully have all the "hot" items my kids want.

So it looks like the "hot" toys so far are:

Pillow Pets

Zoobles

Squinkies

Monster High Dolls

maybe Furry Frienzies

and electronics such as iPod Touch's and 3DS's

All are on DD's list except for the Furry Frienzies, I think she's over the Zhu Zhu type things although these are waaay cuter than Zhu Zhus. ;)

Also I saw a commercial for Moon Dough today. I know Moon Sand was a "hot" toy a couple years ago and this stuff isn't as messy! ;)

I've picked up what seem to be going fast, Furreal Friends Furry Frienzies sets at Walmart only had 2 sets left

Saw on Hasbro website "Collect any combination of four (4) FurReal Friends Snuggimals or Furry Frenzies to get your very own Furry Frenzies

Pink Ladybug. Here’s how: http://www.hasbro.com/furreal/en_US/discover/news/upload/FurReal-Friends-Giveaway-Redemption-Form-2.pdf

I've picked up what seem to be going fast, Furreal Friends Furry Frienzies sets at Walmart only had 2 sets left

Saw on Hasbro website "Collect any combination of four (4) FurReal Friends Snuggimals or Furry Frenzies to get your very own Furry Frenzies

Pink Ladybug. Here’s how: http://www.hasbro.com/furreal/en_US/discover/news/upload/FurReal-Friends-Giveaway-Redemption-Form-2.pdf

Thank you! That is so cute and my mother just bought 2 animals so I have my 4!