Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I need help. I have my eye on this jewelry amoire Madeline these are the numbers

# DPCI: 249-08-0072

# ASIN: B0029L39YM

# Catalog #: 11248984. Not sure how the numbers help as I just see people posting them here lol. Today I saw it for 30%off which was $90.xx original price was $129.xx. These have been in store since black friday as they were trying to retail these jewelry boxes for gifts. So how much should I prepare that these go down too price range , 75%? so like 32.xx is that reasonable? Also I see fridays is when jewelry is marked down so should I go every friday till I see them marked down to 75% off? My store had about 7 boxes. Any help is appreciated!!

Traditional Department Mark Down Schedule[/color]

Monday - Electronics, Kids' Clothing, Stationery, Cards, Gift wrap

Tuesday - Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets, Market Pantry

Wednesday - Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden

Thursday - Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor, Luggage

Friday - Automotive, Cosmetics, Hardware, Jewelry

Anyone know when they mark down in the Baby dept?

thx!

April

Went to Target got two Smart Cycle games. When I came home and opened them up found only tissue paper inside. On the bright side got my money back and 3 vouchers for $1.00 each. Plus an apology from the manager.

Did they look like they had been opened? I am wondering if was and odd factory goof or a return from a dishonest person.

I need help. I have my eye on this jewelry amoire Madeline these are the numbers

# DPCI: 249-08-0072

# ASIN: B0029L39YM

# Catalog #: 11248984. Not sure how the numbers help as I just see people posting them here lol. Today I saw it for 30%off which was $90.xx original price was $129.xx. These have been in store since black friday as they were trying to retail these jewelry boxes for gifts. So how much should I prepare that these go down too price range , 75%? so like 32.xx is that reasonable? Also I see fridays is when jewelry is marked down so should I go every friday till I see them marked down to 75% off? My store had about 7 boxes. Any help is appreciated!!

Last year and the year prior they went 75%. But they seem to have a high incidence of damage so if you find the one you want you may want to pick up a couple to make sure you get a good one and then just return the extra(s). In my store, they relocated these to the furniture area and so they were marked down on furniture day. HTH:)

hey guys, I was just wondering if the monty rex coupon is still available. If so, I was wondering if anyone had the link to print it. Also does anyone in Alabama remember when the toys were marked 75% off last year? I'm hoping they will do that mark down this week.Thanks! Edited by amyelizabethau

Went to Target got two Smart Cycle games. When I came home and opened them up found only tissue paper inside. On the bright side got my money back and 3 vouchers for $1.00 each. Plus an apology from the manager.

I had this happen with the Tag Reading Systems this summer, bought 5 for $2.48 and when I gave one as a gift she called later and let me know that the pen was missing. Looked at the rest and I only had 2 that had pens in the packaging. I think they were easy to slip out in the store and were stolen before I bought them. The doubt the factory is that bad at packaging that they missed putting the toy in over half of the boxes.

Did they look like they had been opened? I am wondering if was and odd factory goof or a return from a dishonest person.

No they didn't look like they had been open. Once you opened them though you could tell there was tape under the tape I just took off.

Yep, baby markdown has begun. Got this:

XXXX Graco Hoot Travel System $189.99 marked down to $125.99

XXXX Baby Sleepers 50% Off

XXXX Carter's Baby 50% Off

XXXX Disney Pooh Winter Baby Boy/Girl 75% Off

Various items in the aisles. Baby Gear from 15 to 30% a few items at 50%.

Toddler clothes as above on sale also. No rhyme or reason to how the stores mark down. Some at 50-75 and some still at 30.

One of the clerks told me that the Target Super Stores mark down first and sometimes even skip 15% off. Based on what I saw this weekend in DFW Targets (I went to 10), that seemed to hold true.

No major action in the toy dept. since last Thursday. They seem to have finished condensing all the clearance to a couple aisles.

I did have some fun in the kids' clothing deptments. Quite a few things were being marked down to 75% off. I found:

###Big Girls:

###Corderoy pants 3.48

###Velvety strech-waist pants 2.98

###Long sleeve t's 1.74

###Robes 3.74

###Hanes sweats 1.xx

###Black or leopard-print dress jackets 8.xx

###Girls puffer coats 2.50!

My store only had 2, they were (unfortunatly) not the right size, both were pink, not sure if other stores have different colors.

###Big Boys

###Coat, large (puffer-style) 4.98

###Coat, XS (army green, barn coat style) 9.98

I would have liked to get some girl's cord pants for next year and some hanes sweats, but they were out of the sizes I needed. If toys go down this week I will make the drive to another store and see if I can get lucky there.

Edited by Gator Pam

:D so i am in high hopes for this Thursday!

I went into target today around 10am to find employees all over the toy section! Moving things, etc. I over heard one of the managers go: "this whole isle needs to me moved to the other side it will all be 75 this week"

so fingers crossed:D

on a down side, almost all the clearance is GONE! I was shocked at how much was sold since last week (when i was last there!)

only a few things I want to get! planning on being there for 8am, like always:razz:

Target in Massillon, Ohio still had toys 50% off, but some were 75%. They should go to 75 off this week. I did find some fantastic deals on Children's clothes today. 75% off or better!

I was in there today too but didn't see any toys for 75% off but I didn't scan many. I did get a nice tape measure for 75% off (last one) but didn't find any other bargains. I did notice they were cleaning out their kitchen dept but it is still 30% off, some nice stuff there if it ever makes it to 75% off. I also popped into the Belden one quick but I didn't buy anything there except they did have their Fuze at that one for 1.02 and I used a printed coupon for $ on Targets site. Seems like there are a lot of bargain hunters in our area...woo hoo!

I am wondering why you are thinking Thursday for the toy markdown? From what I read on the traditional markdown schedule, this should happen on Wednesday. Any insight would be appreciated!

One of my stores does Toys on Wednesdays and the other does it on Thursdays so the traditional markdown schedule is subject to your store I think. Both of them also do baby on Friday while the traditional schedule states Monday so again it's all up to your individual store. Maybe Toy Clearance is different but Last year I was able to be at both stores at opening since they did the markdowns on different days which rocked!

I was in there today too but didn't see any toys for 75% off but I didn't scan many. I did get a nice tape measure for 75% off (last one) but didn't find any other bargains. I did notice they were cleaning out their kitchen dept but it is still 30% off, some nice stuff there if it ever makes it to 75% off. I also popped into the Belden one quick but I didn't buy anything there except they did have their Fuze at that one for 1.02 and I used a printed coupon for $ on Targets site. Seems like there are a lot of bargain hunters in our area...woo hoo!

Wahoo! How cool that there is someone else from Massillon/Belden area in Target! We go everyday after the gym!

I think I will keep checking every day until I get what I want then! The main store I go to (Andover, MN) did do baby today, so at least I can know that that is there baby day now. I never really realized that it was generally only one day per week until coming to this board. Thanks for the help!

I got so excited, what I meant was that someone on this forum that goes to the Massillon/Belden Targets too :)

I understood and felt the same way! I don't go to Massillon as much as it is a little farther but try to get to Belden/Arlington Rd every week except lately with all of these great tips on here I am going more to find more great deals. I get my workout running through the stores listening to my pedometer beep lol... I did notice our T were doing baby and young children clothes today...so it must be our schedule for Monday, didn't see much reduced in electronics. btw the tape measure I got was BlackandDecker auto tape reg 14.99 for 3.74 #085 06 0238 (I hope I did that right, I am just learning).

I should also add that I found Gerber sleepers half off today and printed off $1.00 off Gerber clothing/accessories coupon from the Target website making each 2-pack $4 (originally $10).

Don't forget to check Gerber's website HERE, they have a $5 off $25 coupon you can stack with the Target ones. I bought 6 package (3 to donate) used 6 Target coupons and 1 $5 off $25 so 12 pair for 18.88 or $1.57 each. There is also a $1 off any sleep n' play or gown coupon, you might try to see if they will take if you only want 1 or 2 packages.

Also should mention found a couple of things in the baby dept. at 50% and 75% off. Almost all clothes in packages were marked down to 50% off and most of the baby clearance toys and monitors were as well. I think they skipped 30% off completely as none of them had 30% stickers anywhere on them.

###030040050 ItzBeen Baby Care Timer - $12.88 original $24.99

###030100236 Wall Mounted Mirror and Mobile Elephant $3.74 original $14.96 (great for over the changing table!

Edited by Gator Pam

Ran into Target on the way home tonight to pick up a prescription and made a quick run through toys. Most of the clearance is on three isles. Most are 30% and a few a fifty (did not check by scanning) I saw a few things I want for the grandbaby who will be a year old next Christmas but nothing for my DD. I hope I can catch it at 75%. Chesapeake VA on Hillcrest.

I've been to 3 of the stores in my area this week.

Not much of anything worthwhile in the toy clearance. The few things I might consider are still only at 30%. Bah.

Oh, and the tape? Ya, not so much here. They have it on the shelf with the other tape. Full price. "Oh we don't clearance that stuff"... what??!