Any annual gifts for little girls or boys?

sem615

Give her a snowglobe each year or real gold charms that she can have on a braclet to wear as an adult. (or give it to her complete on her 16th b-day):)

I have a charm bracelet from childhood (silver) that my Dad added to for special occasions birthdays and christmas mostly. I have ballet slippers on it from when I started ballet, charms from cities that we had visited each year, a piano for all the piano lessons, etc. I wanted to start a new one for my adult charms but they are still in a box somewhere... I loved getting a little box each holiday and wondering what it was (especially if we had not gone somewhere...).

My mom buys them pjs every year. We give the boys their hess trucks when we get to thanksgiving dinner. Its usually not at our house. I like the charm bracelet idea even though I was originally thinking a toy. Thanks. Keep the traditions coming

Santa has been bringing each of them a small Schleich animal or 2 each year. With 3 kids in the house we have a good start on collecting the whole zoo.

I give the kids new PJs every Christmas Eve. Everyone gets socks and underwear on Christmas. We started collecting ornaments, one for each kid and one for the family, starting with a glass teddy bear the year we were expecting. Unfortunatly most of them have gotten broken. Now that my youngest is a bit older I am hoping to be able to keep them on the tree. I might have to start charm bracelets for my girls.

Each year, I buy each child a ornament, the ones that are from China and painted from the inside. My daughter gets an angel, my one son gets snowmen and my other son gets santa.

WE've done it since we adopted the boys and my daughter was born. I've had a few broken over the years but we still have most of them.

Now the kids have a tree in each of their rooms and they decorate them with their own ornaments.

We have SIX trees in our home. Not that I go overboard or anything for christmas... :g_liar:

The Christmas ornament idea works very well. My Grandparents did this as an additional gift every year and all of we grandkids enjoy the head start we had on our Christmas trees. I've continued the tradition with my niece/nephews/cousin's children. Money has been tighter the last few years, so instead of the Hallmark ornaments, I've been getting ones from Target and using them instead of bows on the childrens' packages. At the Christmas party, not only do the kids shake their packages, they try to guess whose present is whose by the ornament on the package. I've been told by their parents that when the family tree is decorated, the kids know which ornaments are "theirs" each year and insist on finding the "right" spot.

As far as a collectible gift for a girl, have you looked at the Disney store? As early as a year old, the kids will have a Disney character they like. By getting one of the collectible items each year, it makes a special collection that can be quite valuable by the time they are adults.

My mom used to (until my late 20's!) give me some sort of special doll every year. When I was little, it wasn't one to just sit on a shelf, but a cute baby doll or Barbie that she knew I'd enjoy.

Obviously, for the first 3-4 yrs, it was a baby doll each year. Then I started into the Barbie phase and would get one or two of those and an outfit or two.

One year in particular I remember... When Cabbage Patch dolls were so popular but too expensive for her budget, ordered a homemade stuffed doll from a coworker's mom: not authentic "Cabbage Patch", but had my eye and hair color and was definitely well-loved!

As a teen, I got china dolls which either laid on my bed or stood on my dresser using a doll stand. They were nice but not particularly my favorite... so after those, she bought the plastic dolls that are each dressed as something unique (like angel dolls with diff hair colors/styles, dolls in authentic dress from other countries, etc).

Just an idea for ya... good luck-- I know your little girl will be thrilled with WHATEVER you decide! :)

Thanks for all of the ideas. I love the ornaments my mom always buys the kids ornaments every year and we go out and let the kids pick one each year for themselves. I amd going to look into the charms and the disney store. This is great!

We do PJs and socks at our house every year. The kids really like getting them , last year one had Gingerbread men, one had dogs with reindeer antlers, the other had some red ones, and our son had just PJ pants ( he is not into full PJsets).

I do Hallmark onnaments every year. They are not that hard to replace if one gets broken or put out with the tree .. lol

It's fun for the kids now 18 & 15 to see how their tastes have changed and to see how they have grown up! Although DD18 got a Disney ornament last Christmas!

Both of my boys get an ornament from Hallmark every year. My DH mom did this when he was little and now we have a ton of these ornaments. I always decorate my pencil tree that is in my dining room with all his ornaments that he got. I hope my boys love their ornaments when they are older.

One annual present that I do for my sons is getting them a book that has a character with their same name. I started when they were little with picture books and have continued as they have grown to chapter books. I have a friend that does the same thing for her girls. It all depends on whether your chld's name is common enough to find books with their names. I'm lucky that Jack and Sam are used as character names a lot. My boys treasure their name collection and I hope they will read them to their children. They also feel really special when they are the main character of the story.