What do YOU want for Christmas?

AudreyNicole

A job! I got laid off in August after 14 years. I've been on 6 interviews for 2 jobs and been the second choice for both. Grrrrr......

I feel your pain but there is hope. DH was laid off in August and started a new job in September so there is hope. We were in a complete panic. I feel your pain about the 14 years. . .I was laid off after 12 years and DH after 13. I know its awful. . .hang in there.

Seriously what would help most--is to win the lottery--I mean not 20 million-etc...

JUST 500 or $1000 would truly help us have a nice Christmas.

Not much $ this year. Had some unexpected bigger expenses.....

I'd really like the 8 qt. hard anodized pasta pot from Rachel Ray........ and

Floor seats to a KEITH Urban concert :gdlicklips:

A new friend for my 15 year old (not joking) he could use one....and a video game or 2....not sure what he wants.

My 11 yr old to do better in his school.....and a netbook for him to use...

DH--> a truck bed tool box thing..

I want a colts snuggie for watching football on lazy sunday afternoons :)

wouldn't mind having a red one to keep in my van for the school football games too....

Other than that I really don't know of anything I really want.... so I told DH to just surprise me this year.... I love surprises the best :)

I'm mainly in need of a new laptop with window 7 already on it. However, I recently saw that Barnes and Nobles is releasing its own e-reader called Nook, which will be release Nov 30. However, they are taking pre-orders at $260. Yeah, I know expensive. However, it allows sharing of e-books and has many other features over Kindle. I've been eyeing the Kindle for a while and I just have not gotten it. I'm a big B&N fan and I like the idea of being able to connect on it, while at B&N. I also want an Ipod touch.

Laptop

B&N Nook e-reader

Ipod touch

B&B items

pajamas

Will have to see what I'll end up getting.

I'm with everyone else who wants their kids and dh to get along. My boys are 16, 10 and 50 (dh). As if it isn't bad enough when the 16 and 10 year olds fight all the time, it's just 10x worse when dh joins in!

I have a laptop computer on my list, but it's highly doubtful I'll get it since we just had to replace our 10 year old refrigerator. :mad: Aren't they supposed to last longer than that?! Our stove is over 25 years old (dh had that before we even met!) and that thing won't die no matter what I do to it!!!

I'd also like a new digital camera, a Brita or Pur water pitcher, a new shower caddy that isn't rusted and a new chair mat for my computer chair.

Okay, this sounds a little kooky but I want a clarinet. I played clarinet in junior high and high school, and still played during college. The clarinet was purchased from a family friend and when her daughter decided to play she asked if she could buy it back from me. She wanted her daughter to play the same one she played. I totally understood, and sold it back to her for the same price she charged me all those years ago. It was a beautiful wooden Selmer clarinet and I still miss it. I would like my DH to get me one. For me its just as much about the fond memories as it is about playing it. I just can't see spending the money on myself but if it was a Christmas gift...

i don't need anything.....

but my wishlist.........lol.........

well not likely to happen ;)

finish my first AA (so close, ill have the first in feb.)

labtop would be nice

digital camera couldn't hurt

credits on my paperback book swap club account

new p.j.'s are always nice (might get this one)

amazon gc's are always nice

money is really tight for us this year due to work & health stuff:

for me:

i want a christmas tree to put things under

an Eagles snuggie (or Flyers)

a GC to either walmart or safeway (groceries!)

for dd:

a bike with training wheels (12 inch?)

a bathrobe or kids snuggie

everything else i luckily purchased for dd when we were doing well financially so she'll be spoiled by mom and santa claus. it's just those last two things, which i know she really wants.. i think she wants the bathrobe more than anything else actually.

and i want to be able to give her a traditional christmas breakfast - with scrapple and eggs and cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit. :crossfing

i'd really settle for just the christmas tree though.

Gift cards so I can go shopping... and I would totally go for a Kindle or another electronic reader if only I knew I could get books from my library downloaded onto it for free! Does anyone know how/if that works? Or do you have to always buy books to read them on the reader?

Gift cards so I can go shopping... and I would totally go for a Kindle or another electronic reader if only I knew I could get books from my library downloaded onto it for free! Does anyone know how/if that works? Or do you have to always buy books to read them on the reader?

Amazon has some free books for the Kindle. They are usually promotional offerings. There is also a website called feedbooks.com that offer free books as well.

I know there are some libraries out there that offer e-book downloads. I don't think they will work with the Kindle because of the formatting, however there is a service that Amazon offers that converts files into Kindle format but I'm not sure how that would work with a library service download.

I LOVE my Kindle though. I was a book buyer anyway so this isn't much of a change for me except that I find that with on demand purchasing and downloading with the wireless service I could spend A LOT buying more books as I finish one - I force myself to pace myself.

Amazon has some free books for the Kindle. They are usually promotional offerings. There is also a website called feedbooks.com that offer free books as well.

I know there are some libraries out there that offer e-book downloads. I don't think they will work with the Kindle because of the formatting, however there is a service that Amazon offers that converts files into Kindle format but I'm not sure how that would work with a library service download.

I LOVE my Kindle though. I was a book buyer anyway so this isn't much of a change for me except that I find that with on demand purchasing and downloading with the wireless service I could spend A LOT buying more books as I finish one - I force myself to pace myself.

off topic.... but are you a member of paperbook swap? it has saved me a bundle.

off topic.... but are you a member of paperbook swap? it has saved me a bundle.

No I'm not. I should definitely look into that, although now I'm not buying any current paperbacks since I have the Kindle. I just bought the new Janet Evanovich hardback at a garage sale and I felt like a traitor to my Kindle, LOL. I guess because I paid so dang much for it I don't want to buy any more physical books :)

I do still have a TON of books that I need to get rid of.

Okay, this sounds a little kooky but I want a clarinet. I played clarinet in junior high and high school, and still played during college. The clarinet was purchased from a family friend and when her daughter decided to play she asked if she could buy it back from me. She wanted her daughter to play the same one she played. I totally understood, and sold it back to her for the same price she charged me all those years ago. It was a beautiful wooden Selmer clarinet and I still miss it. I would like my DH to get me one. For me its just as much about the fond memories as it is about playing it. I just can't see spending the money on myself but if it was a Christmas gift...

I don't think it's kooky. I've always wanted a bassoon. I played in high school and never could afford one, had to use a school instrument. One day I'm going to get one, even though I'll probably have to relearn it (it's been a long long time...).

I'm "asking" for the following - of course I don't expect to get all of it but have to put some variety in there so I don't exactly what I'm getting till Christmas morning:

Paula Dean Cookware Set (w/ the copper bottoms)

Pink Ipod Nano

Camcorder

Yankee Candle candles (various scents)

Pink Snuggie

Nintendo DS Bundle (the lime green one w/ the cooking thing)

Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer

Duke Blue Devils Purse & Wallet (the strap broke on mine this year and need a replacement)

Misc. DVDs

New Bedding Set & Pillows

there is a selmer clarinet in elkhart ind for $95

1 for $50 in ft wayne these are on craigslist

Edited by dealluvr
add

All I want for Christmas is for my husbnad's work to pick up just a little bit. I also hope to be able to get my kids at least a few things that they want...and to see their happy faces.. My boys (11) are old enough to understand, and my little girl is only 3 so if there is not too much under the tree it will be ok... My husband is self employed in construction, and we live in a small town, so things are very tight here. But that's ok, I look at it like this...Everyday that I can spend with my family is a good day. :thumbsup: