Something I noticed last year

ajrowe

Last year I was so jazzed that I got a lot things the kiddos wanted and thought my shopping was almost done but even a week after Black Friday the stuff that I bought that I thought was a good deal got even better closer to Christmas. I love Black Friday do get me wrong but sometimes I wonder if the sales don't get better closer to Christmas because of the economy and I wonder if the same will hold true this year. Sorry about the rambling! Just getting really crazed about this. I love to shop for everybody for Christmas! It just makes me feel soooo good and happy when I see the look on everybodys faces and that's when I give myself an Adda Boy!!!! :):):)

Last year I was so jazzed that I got a lot things the kiddos wanted and thought my shopping was almost done but even a week after Black Friday the stuff that I bought that I thought was a good deal got even better closer to Christmas. I love Black Friday do get me wrong but sometimes I wonder if the sales don't get better closer to Christmas because of the economy and I wonder if the same will hold true this year. Sorry about the rambling! Just getting really crazed about this. I love to shop for everybody for Christmas! It just makes me feel soooo good and happy when I see the look on everybodys faces and that's when I give myself an Adda Boy!!!! :):):)

I agree.But whats even funnier is i got most of my kids items from Amazon last year.Daily they had awesome lightning deals and i mean at unbelieveable prices.Much better that any store deal.I think this might be the first year i dont go out on BF and am gonna wait for Amazon to do me proud again.I mean for a example my DD wanted the Hannah Montana plug and play guitar i bought it on BF for $49.99.I got it on Amazon for $11.98.I almost fell over when i saw that price.

which is why I make sure that I keep all my receipts in one place which makes it quick and easy to either get price adjustments or refunds if it comes out with a lower price than on BF.

I have all my receipts in an accordian style folder and are labeled by store. I am constantly checking to make sure they are still there!!! I have saved a decent amount prior to Christmas by doing this. Why should I let somebody keep an extra $5-10 when I could use it to pick up some extra stocking stuffers!!! I try not to wrap the kids stull until a few days before just in case.

I mean for a example my DD wanted the Hannah Montana plug and play guitar i bought it on BF for $49.99.I got it on Amazon for $11.98.I almost fell over when i saw that price.

I remember that! My daughter "had" to have that, too. I kept looking at the price & the item description to see if it was right. I told myself, I would be back this year, as last year was my first time really giving amazon.com any attention.

I did the Amazon thing as well..got some really great deals. My nephew wanted the Monopoly game Clone Wars version. Amazon had it half the price then the stores. I will be checking out Amazon this year.

LOL yep my DS wanted that to.Got it @ Amazon. And Amazon has very very fast shipping. Oh yeah and free shipping if you spend @ least $25 which is easy to do.

Wow, I've never thought to fight for a price adjustment before. I've always accepted my defeat at paying more than what I could have... and just keep a mental note for next time not to buy something until I see the price go low again. (Like curtains, Cricut things, etc.) But I'm just buying for my DH, parents and in-laws, I have only one baby niece, and no DS or DD yet to speak of...

I do the same ; keep all my holiday shopping receipts all in one place (my little clear Sears bag from when I used to work there) so that I have easy to them in case I see a better deal. Hopefully, the item isnt already wrapped...lol

You mean I'm the only one that waits til the right before Christmas to wrap?

The EXACT same thing happened to me! I ended up returning a TON of stuff that I bought because Amazon had it for SO much cheaper! There were probably 20 toys & 10 games that I saved 50-75% more on what I already thought was a good deal from BF!

I actually just posted about this on another thread, but I had bought a bunch of this Rose Petal Cottage Cherry Blossom Market stuff for my foster daughter on BF. I paid about $200 for all of it. Well, a couple of weeks before Christmas, Amazon had the stuff for CHEAP (I paid about $75 for the playhouse alone, Amazon had it for like $15!!!). Then Walmart.com lowered their prices to compete with Amazon, so I ended up getting everything for about $50 and returning the $200 set! A ride on toy that I had bought for my foster son for $40, Amazon had it for $9.99!

I already have a bunch of Christmas shopping done (Target, Walmart, and Kmart toy clearance), but I have all my receipts (too late for Target returns, but that stuff was all DIRT cheap anyway) put up and will do the same with BF receipts. I don't want to take a chance that Amazon won't have deals on what I want, so I'm buying them if I see them in stores. But I will watch all the items on Amazon and if they have a better price, then I'll order them and return the other stuff.

Plus, this year my step-dad has Prime shipping (all purchases- free 2 day shipping, approx. $3 for overnight shipping) and he told me he'll give me his account info, so if there is anything I want, I can order it, then just pay him back. The only "bad" thing was that the markdowns would sometimes sell out or go up in price FAST (Kota the Triceratops dropped from $300 to $99 for about 10 minutes, then went back up to $2XX). I didn't want to pay for shipping, but sometimes there wasn't $25 in things that I wanted to buy right then, so I missed out on great deals. With Prime, I could make 20 $1 purchases in a day if I wanted to and still get free shipping on all of them!

yep the year I had prime....well overbuying was rampant LOL Not having to take the few minutes to fill in let me get everythign i wanted....and I of course wanted it all LOL

You may not have to use his acct. I think there is a way to share prime within families?? Or am I foggy?

i did about 3/4 of my shopping online last year. I wasn't impressed with most of the 'black friday' sales and the games my kids wanted were NOT on sale. I did great with Amazon also. The best part was that the Black Friday sales started RIGHT at midnight, so I did some shopping, got a bunch of stuff already on the list and then had LESS to shop for.

i did about 3/4 of my shopping online last year. I wasn't impressed with most of the 'black friday' sales and the games my kids wanted were NOT on sale. I did great with Amazon also. The best part was that the Black Friday sales started RIGHT at midnight, so I did some shopping, got a bunch of stuff already on the list and then had LESS to shop for.

Thanks for this info. If they start right at midnight, I can get in some Amazon shopping before I head out to the stores! :0) Maybe I can just go from Thursday to Friday on no sleep at all lol! Hey, I wonder if that's why many BF shoppers are so mean? Lack of sleep! :yup:

which is why I make sure that I keep all my receipts in one place which makes it quick and easy to either get price adjustments or refunds if it comes out with a lower price than on BF.

Great idea! Totally never thought of that. Since I purchase everything with my debit, I just wait until the purchase posts to my Wachovia account.

You may not have to use his acct. I think there is a way to share prime within families?? Or am I foggy?

See, I was thinking this, too, but my step-dad thought that I would have to use his account but could choose to have it shipped to me (which isn't really important anyway, as he lives about 20 minutes away and I visit regularly).

I'll have to go look into it and see...