Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I wonder if all targets will be hitting 90% off on the same day? There is still a lot left at my target including toys. A lot of the toys are still available because no one knows they are christmas because they are in the toy section and not the christmas area. I really hope they go 90% off tomorrow because I want to grab some barbies, cabbage patch dolls, and the express games.:yup:

If ALL Targets will be taking Christmas to salvage on Sunday 1/9, then we should see 90% on Friday.

They went to 75% early and they surely do not want to lose any more money.

And since 90% is usually only 2 days, then Friday 1/7 for 90% sounds right.

(I am really hoping it is Friday, since I have to go to a Funeral on Thursday morning)

Went to the store at Michigan (north of 86th street) and they had a ton of the holiday ballerina barbies! I got a few but still 10-20 left! WOW! Was amazed at all the red tickets in baby section on swings, boucers, high chairs, the pink stroller/car seat set, pack n plays, etc! Only 30 off so didn't get any numbers as waiting to go lower! Found a play dough for 1.24, one of the bratz ornament thingys all in the regular toy section! Not much else. Mostly wrapping paper sets, boxes, wreaths, and ornaments left! Already put some bazzar stuff out.....no candy that I could find! HA! They were moving a ton of stuff in the toy section-a few things were marked 50 off but mostly still 30! Oh yeah, Christmas still only 75 off!

I went to my target yesterday and they also had a ton of the barbie ballerinas ( in the red outfit), they rang up 1.25 so i got two of them for next year for my girls. They also had tons of the sprout cabbage patch kids, they were 2.49 i picked up two of them as well. I also got two of the my little pony stocking stuffers they rang up 6.99, but i told them they were supposed to be 75% off ( they were in the xmas section) and so they were $1 something. I also got two of the barbie nutcrackers ( small like ornamnets) that i can put away for next year too. I also got some of the kids holiday shirts with candy canes, etc on them for 1.24. Oh and a bath set in a really nice metal box, orginally 24.99. but it rang up for $3.75, so i picked that up as well.

anyone know when electronics will go past 30%? I am keeping an eye on the def leppard electric guitar for my son, it was at 30% yesterday....i just dont want to miss it when it goes lower!

We had it at our store - it was 50% off a few weeks ago and they lowered more on Christmas Eve.. He said every other Tuesday, I believe. (I am in Florida)

anyone know when electronics will go past 30%? I am keeping an eye on the def leppard electric guitar for my son, it was at 30% yesterday....i just dont want to miss it when it goes lower!

Electronics are a funny thing. Sometimes they don't lower them. Several of us were watching things last year at this time, and this summer, and they got to 50% in some cases and then either disappeared (salvaged) or the prices went back up!! In some cases they salvaged at 30%. Other times they take them all the way down. It is really strange.

I watched some XBOX360 games stay @ 50% for a month before they finally dropped to 75% a week or so before Christmas....so they will probably go lower, but I'm not sure if there is a method behind it.

Jus wondering if any of the Target stores in northern NJ also have 75% off on strollers, car seats and other baby stuff......If anyone knows of any such stores, would really appreciate the info......thanks and happy shopping everyone!!!

I visited Targets in Lanham and Largo, MD today and they were taking the Christmas stuff off the shelves.

Lanham Target had the Christmas scented Glade scented oil candles (apple cinnamon) for $4.24. There is a $4 Glade candle coupon, so it came to .46. There is another coupon around for $3 off.

I purchased Christmas Barbie, 25 pack of mini pla-doh from the holiday section. It was 75% off.

I visited Targets in Lanham and Largo, MD today and they were taking the Christmas stuff off the shelves. .

They may simply be moving it or consolidating it. We have seen that before. Particularly if they are trying to set the Global Bazaar stuff or the bulk stuff that goes in the current spot.

I found solar lights, 10 pack for $14.00, org $59.99, Yeah!

Christmas still 75%, and no baby markdowns...I was really hoping for a bouncy seat on sale as my Dad want to give one for a baby gift (I generally do his gift shopping, it's easier on both of us :-)

They were consolidating, moving the toy section at the District store on Jamboree, but it's still at 30%.

Target in Slidell is STILL 75% :(. They have tons of paper, bows, ribbon, candy and trees! I asked about 90% and was told "soon", they couldn't give an exact date, but if I call and it's 90%, they'd tell me. Another associate asked the same person that I asked and she whispered that it will be the next few days. I have a class tomorrow, so I hope it's not tomorrow!

Christmas still 75%, and no baby markdowns...I was really hoping for a bouncy seat on sale as my Dad want to give one for a baby gift (I generally do his gift shopping, it's easier on both of us :-)

They were consolidating, moving the toy section at the District store on Jamboree, but it's still at 30%.

I saw bouncy seats on clearance. Just 30% but I didn't pay much attention to which one. I was looking at other things and ran across it.

Can u tell me which store in OC had them, I am in desperate need and that is a great price for solar lights, can you tell me whay brand, etc.. as well?

:fluffy:

Found the most awesome deal at Target today!!!! Got the Graco Alano Travel system originally 169.99 for 42.xx. It is very girly pink and gray. So if you know someone that is having a girl and is in the market for a travel system they should check it out.

does target take expired coupons, and is there a limit to how many of the same coupons you can use in one transaction? I never used targedt coupons before and think I might start!

:)

I was told by one of the clerks at Target that their food coupons can be used up to 6 weeks after the exp date. I've used them far past the exp date... sometimes you'll get someone that will look at the date and say it's expired, but if you ask them to scan it, it will take it off. I've actually never had one not work and I've used them long after the expiration date.

I found the Little Mommy 3-in-1 set (two dolls and a bunch of other accessories) for $14.98 at one Target. I used the November toy catalog coupon for $10 off Little Mommy doll without any problems. Got the whole set for $4.98.

Wow thats awesome...Isnt that the set that was going for $30 on Black Friday?

does target take expired coupons, and is there a limit to how many of the same coupons you can use in one transaction? I never used targedt coupons before and think I might start!

:)

The cashier is the monitor of valid coupon dates. Target, man. and most other store coupons are not programmed to stop working after the expiration date. Technically, expired coupons are not valid, but if your cashier doesn't notice or simply just doesn't look at expiration dates, then you've basically lucked out. Most coupons say one per purchase which means you can use one per item. That again, can be up to the interpretation of the cashier. You might get one who will give you a hard time about using so many at once, but if the coupon doesn't specifically say one per customer, then all should be honored. They can always fall back on whatever a specific manager may choose to limit. Managers have the discretion to limit your purchases. Hope that helps.

The solar lights were at the District, Jamboree and Barranca Parkway, in the housewares area. I saw them at the Target on Irvine Blvd (Tustin Marketplace) two days ago, in back near the bicycles--they were $29 then. There is no brand on the box, it just says Solar Light Value Pak. They are brownish plastic with led lights (I really like they way they look, they look a lot more expensive). The DPCI number is 009110588....hope that helps!

They had more sets at Tustin Marketplace than at the District, perhaps because they were only 50% off, when I was there.

Is it the concensus that toys will be 50% off around Friday? They have the VTech VSmart system (it was some sort of special item for the holidays) marked down to $34.98. I'm hoping it goes a little lower even though that is still a pretty good deal.

Is it the concensus that toys will be 50% off around Friday? They have the VTech VSmart system (it was some sort of special item for the holidays) marked down to $34.98. I'm hoping it goes a little lower even though that is still a pretty good deal.

I don't know anything for sure, but if I had to guess, I am thinking that there will be a massive toy markdown next week... many things going from 30% off straight to 75% off. Last year, toys around here went to 75% off on the 9th. That fits with a next week time frame.

There are soooo many toys left (around here) that I can't imagine they will have markdown teams doing cuts from 30% down to 50% THIS week and then coming back next week and going down to 75%. Especially since it's already Thursday tomorrow.

UNLESS, they just decide to mark everything down to 50% next week and then let the aisles sit for another couple of weeks before they go to 75%, which would not fit with last year's timeframe at all. I'm kind of doubting that they would do that. I'm betting that next week we will see some major drops in the toy dept.

But, unlike holiday clearances, which seem to at least be within a couple days of each other throughout the entire country, toys can really vary. I don't know about other places, I just know last year most all the stores around here dropped toys to 75% off on Jan. 9th.

Went to Target this morning. They were doing some MAJOR moving of toys, and had started making clearance aisles of them. Lots of toys were sitting around in carts waiting to be moved. I found the travel games for $5.00, but all they had left was Trouble and Battleship. Lots of paper and lights left, but no trees. I heard a couple of people who were helping with the moving of the toys talking about them going on markdown soon, but no firm date was mentioned.