Black Friday 2007 Weather Forecasts Thread

bigjimslade

The Weather channel should have their weather forcasts for the 23rd out today on the 10 day forcasts however weather changes so much in 10 days- you can't ever be for sure even the day of. The National Weather service tends to be more accurate for our neck of the woods since they forcast from Nebraska and not outside Nebraska. Believe it or not- the forcasts when snow is forcast is OFTEN differant.

Black Hills of South Dakota (where we will be)-

Nov 21 - Snow showers. 50% chance Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

Nov 22 - 20 % chance precipitation Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Nov 23- 10% chance precipitation Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Central Nebraska (where we live)-

Nov 21- 50% chance showers. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 20s.

Nov 22- 60% chance snow showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the mid 20s.

Nov 23- 30 % chance snow Snow showers at times. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 20s.

Western Nebraska (By North Platte)

Nov 21 30% chance snow showers. A few snow showers. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the low 20s.

Nov 22 20% chance snow showers. Mostly Cloudy. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 20s.

Nov 23 30% chance snow showers. A few snow showers. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the low 20s.

Lincoln Nebraska-

Nov 21-50% chance showers. Showers. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 20s.

Nov 22- 60% chance snow showers. Snow showers possible. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Nov 23- 40% chance snow showers. Snow showers possible. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Supposedly we're getting rain on Thanksgiving Day with our temps being H72/L44.

Black Friday it's supposed to be Sunny with temps being H73/L50

I honestly might die from shock if it rains on Turkey Day here. I've only seen rain a handful of times since moving to this state, and it didn't last more than 2-5 minutes.

Was in the low teens when I camped out from midnight to 5am two years ago at CC for the laptop! That was a long 5 hours... Right now lows are getting down to the mid to low 20's.

But I'm ready with my battery powered socks this year! :gdchatter:

Didn't we even have a few snow flakes that year?

Do you know where you'll be this year? I'm looking for someone to maybe team up with.

Right now Virginia Beach is predicted to be Sunny and 60. We shall see...I'm sure it will change 5 times before BF gets here.

Update: (nov.17) Now it's supposed to be 45 with 30% chance of rain...I'm not liking where this is headed :( Hopefully we'll have another change in the next few days.

Hey, I'm in SW Indiana, and we go lots of Christmases without snow, BUT do you remember Christmas 2004??? WHAT A WHOPPER!!! We had 20+ inches at Christmas that year. I love snow! :fluffy: Didn't you get quite a bit then too? :confused:

p.s. for you weather forecasters, was that an el nino or la nino year?

I live in Florida now, but grew up in Southeastern Indiana, and I flew home for that Christmas. There was 26 inches of snow and the roads were closed....Christmas Eve I finally got out to finish a few last minute things. I had figured it would be easier to buy some things there rather than trying to pack them...LOL They almost got IOU'S that year.

What I learned: I had been wishing for a White Christmas, next time be more specific about how much white I want...

:yup:

The weather is gonna be nice here in Dallas on turkey day and BF...unfortunately that means there's gonna be more ppl out shopping

I am new to Dallas area. How are the lines generally? Any suggestions as to when I should get in line in Frisco?