Anyone started Christmas shopping or is everyone waiting for Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

I posted the other day that I officially bought my first Christmas gift. I will buy if I think it's a really good deal, or if I think I might not be able to find it later in the season. I really enjoy shopping around Christmas. One year I finished all my shopping by black friday, and it was kind of depressing to me. I really enjoy shopping when it's the Christmas season.

I'm a third of the way there gift wise, but I have most of my stocking stuffers done. Considering I buy for 18+ people that's no mean feat! I have a huge Christmas party here at my home the Sunday before Christmas and that's when I give out all my gifts to my family. So I start Christmas shopping for the following year immediately after that party! Seriously, I was shopping for Christmas '10 before Christmas '09 was over. I shop solely sales and with coupons and rebates for the holidays so I have to make very dollar and day count!

I've been picking up stuff on Ebay. Found a bunch of Gamecube (yes my kids still play it), Wii and XBox games. All used but my kids don't care for cheap. Also found cheap Toy Story DS case, new Thomas wooden trains and Legos less than retail. I'm about 1/3 of the way done w/ my kids. The rest of the stuff on their list I'm waiting for prices to drop.

I'm about 85% done with the extended family - just the immediate family left. I hit a great sale at Old Navy - got cardigan sweaters for $12.50, bought 7 of them in different colors and then applied a 25%off coupon code so got 7 for about $65.

Next went to Walmart and bought Disney kids clothes on clearance for my cousin's little ones - they're going to disney in March. Got 2 outfits, 2 pairs sunglasses, 2 water bottles and 4 coloring books/crayons (all CARS and DISNEY PRINCESSES)for about $30.

Now hopefully BF will have some great sales on video games for the nephews, DVDs for my movie-holic DD and maybe a nice 46" flat screen for myself :D

I have about 75% of my daughters gifts bought, thanks to Target's toy clearance in July. 75% off.....great deals that I could not pass up. I will have to wait to see the ads and decide if I want to add more toys. I do need to get her more clothes. I made the mistake last year of buying mostly toys and wish I had gotten more clothes for her too. I hope to shop mostly for me and hubby on BF this year....lol. It would be nice to spoil ourselves for a change.

I have a few things bought but my family waits until thanksgiving to put together christmas lists. Thankfully the last few years I got them to put the lists together while going through the bf ads! It makes it easy for me to buy on bf and know for sure that it's the exact thing they wanted. I'm also the official bf shopper in my family so everyone makes lists with what they want me to buy from which store and give me the cash. The first year I paid with their money and it was a hassle, I learned quick and now I check out for each person individually (so they can have receipts) but I just pay with my cc and then add up the receipts at home. It's fun doing everyone's shopping and occasionally on christmas I'll get something I actually bought! I just wish everyone would get lists together earlier. I usually snag the adults lists after the exchange and mark off what they got and use the remaining list as my clearance/deal shopping list for them all year.

I often buy a few unique things as I travel during the year (especially some location-specific stocking stuffers), but I did't travel much this year and didn't do it during our summer vacation trip.

In the past I mainly bought things I wanted, shared home-related items such as HDTVs, toaster, etc, or things for my wife and daughter on Black Friday. Then finished the rest in December. I plan to work with wife and daughter to put together both wish lists (for ourselves) and shopping lists (for others) in advance of BF and see what we can get that day.

This is the first year that I am about 60% of the way done. My kids are just about done. About 90%. Most of their stuff I got last year after Christmas. Target's clearance being a big one. I'll still probably pick up 1 or 2 more things for them on BF.

I also have a few other random gifts in my stash that will work as gifts for the family. Between my fiance's family, and my own, we have a lot of people to buy for...which is where the other 40% comes into play.

The only thing I'm having an issue with is a "big" gift for my 10 year old stepdaughter. She has everyyyyything. Just got an iPod touch and a laptop for her birthday (moms side)...so I'm at a loss. She's do for an upgrade on her cell phone right before Christmas, but I don't know how well I'll be able to play that off as a gift, persay, seeing as how it'll will be nearly free and she knows that since we told her she had to wait. lol. So what do you buy a 10 year old girl who has everything?!

Can't wait for BF 2010!

eta: my whole point being....this BF is for mommy and daddy! lol

The only thing I'm having an issue with is a "big" gift for my 10 year old stepdaughter. She has everyyyyything. Just got an iPod touch and a laptop for her birthday (moms side)...so I'm at a loss. She's do for an upgrade on her cell phone right before Christmas, but I don't know how well I'll be able to play that off as a gift, persay, seeing as how it'll will be nearly free and she knows that since we told her she had to wait. lol. So what do you buy a 10 year old girl who has everything?!

If she is set for the "preteen/teen" electronics then what about clothing or jewelry. Leather jacket, boots, designer purse or fragrance. A lot of the designers have lines for the younger ladies. Good luck!

I'm not sure what your budget is for a "big" gift but, vera bradley is huge with the girls in this area my daughter is 8 and she got her first vera backpack this year. Anyway, they have overnight bags, luggage, all kinds of things you could pair with a purse. I also think maybe a ring would be nice if she's pretty responsible, or maybe some earrings.

My son will be hard this year. He will be getting a laptop / case/ wireless mouse... But I don't want to get that until BF or closer to christmas. Have $600 saved for that. He also wants a new comforter set for his room and some Xbox 360 games. After that he hasn't said a thing.

My daughter will be getting a LCD tv for her room / wall mount. Those are their big gifts this year.

I just ordered a few things off Amazon.com for her. She LOVES to draw and do art stuff. She is 10. I ordered her 6 How to books on drawing, got a bunch of cool art stuff on clearance at an art store. Plus already got her Bobby Jack Burst My Bubble bedding set complete with BJ pillow, bedskirt, sheets, and sham.

She still wants a Club Penguin membership so I think I saw them at GameStop. She is easy. Its my soon to be 16 yr old thats hard. UGH

If she is set for the "preteen/teen" electronics then what about clothing or jewelry. Leather jacket, boots, designer purse or fragrance. A lot of the designers have lines for the younger ladies. Good luck!

Actually, those are good ideas. She always gets a ton of clothing from everyone...but I'm thinking maybe a gift card to Justice or something so she can get something she likes that maybe she doesn't have. And I like the leather jacket, designer purse idea. I think she'd like something like that. (Although unless macy's or somewhere offers discounted prices on designer purses on BF, I dunno about that one! lol..)

I'm not sure what your budget is for a "big" gift but, vera bradley is huge with the girls in this area my daughter is 8 and she got her first vera backpack this year. Anyway, they have overnight bags, luggage, all kinds of things you could pair with a purse. I also think maybe a ring would be nice if she's pretty responsible, or maybe some earrings.

Thanks...I needed some more inspiration. Vera Bradley...not so sure. I'm familiar with it but in this area it seems it's more of an older woman obsession. I'm really not into the stuff either, personally. But I like the jewelry idea. She doesn't have her ears pierced but maybe a diamond necklace or something. (Obviously we're not talking big, lol. She IS only 10.) But I like the idea just because it's something different and I think she'd really like that.

Actually, started yesterday!!!! I put my daughter's toys on Layaway at Kmart. I was a little embarassed :o shopping so early. I NEVER shopped this early before. I usually start in early Nov. Come to find out everyone on the long layaway line was x-mas shopping also!! We all had a rousing conversation about early x-mas shopping. :) I plan to buy my big ticket items (netbook & Desktop) on BF!!!

i started on saturday i bought flannel lime green bed sheets for my daughters bed , they where 4.50. she was with but i couldnt pass them up i told her just forget about these 9n the cart. her remark was "YA RIGHT ". she decided to forget when i sid otherwise they go back on the clearance table lol

you know those purses with the interchangable shells Michele bags are cool for even that age. My daughters boyfriend is going to get her one for xmas. he is waiting for her decide which one she wants most lol. his mom is a rep for the company so he has fast access to them. I think the purse and a shell is 30.00 and they are adorable and made well

I started about two weeks ago with my Kohl's friends and family coupons; bought some clothes for my dad off clearance. Now he's 50% done. Otherwise just some stocking stuffers. October is when I really get shopping though, looking for online deals and crossing things off the list. Have to be very cost conscious this year so I am doing a lot of research and price checking before making any purchases. It's good to be organized this early!

My husband and I were just discussing XMas today.....how much to spend and so on. The problem I have is my DD whom is 12 get so much from Grandparents and others it is hard to buy for her. Plus like most of America and beyound money is tight.

I will start shopping on BF.....I am getting excited! The time seems to fly...