Anyone started Christmas shopping or is everyone waiting for Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

I was going to try and be good this year and start early after school shopping was done. However my husband lost his job this month and just started a new one making much less money so i guess i will be waiting until black friday to find some good deals!

I am waiting cuz I have no idea what to get my boys. My DD who is 7 has already begun asking, lol. so far on her list is a ipod touch and a north face jacket..... I don't think she will be getting the ipod touch but we do plan on getting her a netbook and she doesnt know about that. Edited by nick_jenni_jocelyn
spelling

I've just started barely-picked all the kids up some stuff during the friends and family sale at PS Aeropstale, preordered the next Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I'm going to try to stick with something to wear, something to read, something you need and then a big want this year for each of them. We'll see how it works out :D

I probably have around 25% - 50% done depending on how much I buy this year. I shop the sales throughout the year and just store it in an upstairs closet but all the big gufts I wait because they change their minds so much. They have already started making their lists and my dd4 definately wants one of those ereaders. I dont blame her- Im putting a kindle on my list for me too...lol!!

I have bought a few things. My dd 3 will be 4 in October so right now I have been conentrating on her bday. I only have 1 thing left to buy her and then I will start concentrating more on christmas. My twin boys are the hard ones. They are really into hunting and fishing so we have decided that next month we are going to buy hunting clothes. They had some but have outgrown everything. We are going to give it to them in November but tell them that it is part of their Christmas. For christmas their big thing is going to be a very nice tackle box loaded with lures, hooks, weights, and anything else. They also want a new TV for their rooms so I will probably wait until BF to get that. As for my daughter I am going to try to snag alot of stuff on clearance, but most of her stuff will come from BF. Last year I bought her the rosepetal cottage from Toys R Us for 25.00 i think and then i bought her the sink and washer for 9.00 each. So I saved like 75% of the regular cost. I am hoping to find some more good deals like that this year.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BWcVnyTBL._SL500_AA300

I'm looking for info on these "find it" toys. Does anyone have any of them? Do you know if Amazon drops the price anymore on them? I think I saw them last year for around $12 on amazon but not sure. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BYAKEG/ref=pd_luc_sbs_02_01

I've never heard of this before. After seeing it I have to get it now.

I'm looking for info on these "find it" toys. Does anyone have any of them? Do you know if Amazon drops the price anymore on them? I think I saw them last year for around $12 on amazon but not sure. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BYAKEG/ref=pd_luc_sbs_02_01

I have about 4 of these in my classroom. The kids LOVE them! I paid around $20 for each of them so to me these are a good price.

i am still waiting. i have a few small gifts done but that is it. it is going to be hard for me this year because the things on top of dd 9 list i do not want to buy for her. she wants ipod touch, laptop, a cell phone, none of which i want to buy for her just yet. so i am trying to figure out what to do for her.

I am in the same boat..We kayak as a family so we might get her her own.

i am still waiting. i have a few small gifts done but that is it. it is going to be hard for me this year because the things on top of dd 9 list i do not want to buy for her. she wants ipod touch, laptop, a cell phone, none of which i want to buy for her just yet. so i am trying to figure out what to do for her.

Last year during the amazon toy sale, I picked up 3 of these for $7.79 each. I had to go back and look to make sure how much I paid, and they were purchased on december 5th, so hopefully they will have another sale this year.

i did start but by a funny coincedence. my son gave me a f.y.e. card with $10.60 on it.he said you can have it i won't use it.well i went to the store and found 2 very cool beach towels,they use them for regular towels ,he and his brother,so i got 2 towels for $10.60.

Sure, I started in January! My kids are still young so they get most of their gifts from Target's toy clearance. I'm not sure who is getting what, but I have a closet full of stuff to choose from. With 3 kids I pick up anything that I think is intersting and put it in the closet. When a birthday or holiday rolls around I choose what to give to who. If I decide that a certain toy isn't right for any of my kids then it becomes a friend b-day gift. Last year was the first time I got to go Christmas shopping from my stash and I loved it! I also have bunches of clothes and PJs stashed from clearance sales. Santa tends to be pretty good at bringing their big wants each year, and I give them new clothes and the random cool stuff they didn't even know existed. I really don't think that I need to buy anything else for the kids this year, just the family gift exchange.

We are about 30% done now. Our son's b-day just past and daughter's is coming up. Will wait until after her b-day to finish the kids. I check out the clearance sales all the time so I guess it depends on how much I find and buy between now and then will determine how much shopping I will do on BF.

Roughly 100% of my shopping this year will be on BF. My son(8) will have to love what's being offered by the stores, and my daughter (8 months) really will not care. BTW, since both their birthdays are during the winter season (one in Jan and one in Dec), guess I'll knock out their birthday gifts too on BF! :cheesy:

I started shopping over the summer at the BBW sale and Yankee Candle sale. Picked up a few good things to put aside - some for specific people some for filler gifts. I usually try to wait for major shopping to start for BF but the past two years I have been really disappointed in what I've been able to pick up on BF and I still had lots of shopping to do. So I'm thinking I may try to start shopping a little earlier when I can find good sales that I don't think I'll beat. My problem is that when I ask people for Christmas ideas in August they think I'm nuts and are not helpful. They usually supply me with Christmas lists in November (too late!)