When do you start wrapping the presents you get?

stacy0479

Up until last year when Madison was old enough to be told- you open, it goes back- I did all the wrapping on Christmas eve. Last year and this year, etc they get wrapped and go under the tree once I get it up. I'll start wrapping the day after the tree is up and ready :)

Up until last year when Madison was old enough to be told- you open, it goes back-

that has always been the rule at our house too. I only had to take back 1 gift and that was the first year I imposed that rule. It made a huge impression that DD now 18 shared quickly with her younger sister now 15.

My mom would only shop at the mall cause they did free gift wrap!

i would have no presents at your houses! *I* not my daughter is the one that is bad about it. I will unwrap and then reseal any package(with or without my name) that is left to long alone with me. I just can NOT *not* look. Its a sickness :P

DD and Dh go shopping Christmas eve for me(usually while i am wrapping) because they know I will tear the house apart looking

Gawd I sound horrid :blush:

I am obsessed with wrapping paper and bows and tags! I have an 18 gallon storage tub of accessories! And 2 wrapping paper tubs full of paper! How can you guys run out! LOL I always joke I could have the whole neighborhood come over and use my stuff to wrap and I will still not run out! LOL

I am obsessed with wrapping paper and bows and tags! I have an 18 gallon storage tub of accessories! And 2 wrapping paper tubs full of paper! How can you guys run out! LOL I always joke I could have the whole neighborhood come over and use my stuff to wrap and I will still not run out! LOL

LMAO this is me too!!! I always come home from shopping on black friday and sit down and wrap all the gifts that I got that day and anything else that I have that I haven't wrapped yet. I normally put my tree up the sunday after thanksgiving I wrap the rest of the gifts as i go my hubby jokes with me saying that i purposely buy things no one needs just to have something to wrap lol i love it!!! I also leave the bows for christmas eve it takes me and my hubby the entire length of "a christmas story" to move all the gifts and my hubby has to go get his gifts for me from his mom(he dont wrap lol) and anything big we get our son. I seriously go overboard to have one 2 yr old and a hubby to buy for BUT i want my kids to have that memory of the WHOLE living room being filled with gifts like mine was when i was little(of Course i had 6 brothers and sissys but still lol...) Heres a pic of my tree last yr

the pic is blurry it was taken with my phone lol

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/southern_cowgirl_emt/untitled-2.jpg

Guest purpleangel
Last year I wrapped as I shopped but had to unwrap and return stuff when I found it cheaper somewhere else. This year I will save it all until about a week before Christmas! I learned my lesson.:)

I usually wait until I am almost finished shopping. Then I pull everything out of its hiding spot and lay it all out. That way I can see if it all looks even. I like my kids to have the same number of gifts, so I can wrap smaller things together (or seperate them) so that everyone has the same number of packages to open. Sure you can make a list, but I am a visual person and like to see it all spread out.

I am hoping to get things wrapped a few days before Christmas this year. I have been collecting toys from clearance sales throughout the year (Target and Kmart had some great toy deals), so I don't think I have to do any real shopping, at least for the kids. I was just collecting toys that I thought were cool, thinking that one of my kids will eventually like it. Otherwise, it will go into a birthday gift or donate pile. Now I need to decide what I am giving each kid and put them in a seperate place to wrap. It would be nice to go to bed at a descent hour on Christmas Eve.

I wrap as I go.. have it alll organized and listed out when to wrap and how much to buy....

Oh hell, who am I kidding. Lol. ;) I work overnight (and working now) and usually wrap when I can. And yes, half of it is done the night before even tho I have MOST of the presents already sitting here. Procratination is my friend :D

I actually have half of the presents already. But TWO of my three kids have December birthdays and so does my hsuband, so December is nuts at our house.

We also have 3 December birthdays in our family, so its crazy at our house too. 2 of my kids are a few days before and after Christmas. I usually wait till early December to wrap. I have to sort out birthday and Christmas gifts and wrap accordingly. I also like to wrap my kids same but different gifts in the same paper. Like, their new pajamas, their annual ornament, their gift from grandma in another state.

I love wrapping though and usually do it when the kids are at school on one of my days off. I turn the lights on, put on Christmas music, and have a blast.

Oh, and those of you looking for wrapping paper, Hallmark has it out now. I work at Hallmark and we put our wrapping display up last week.

Elena

It depends when I see the person. I start with the gifts I give out before Christmas and go in order.

I normally work on Christmas Eve, I am usually sooo slow and bored I tell the other employees to bring in their unwrapped presents and I will wrap their gifts for them. My gift to the staff!

I used to worked for a candy factory (ala Lucy!) and I had to wrap candy boxes all Christmas long. So I am an expert wrapper and make my own bows.

Sorry for going off topic!!

I usually wrap some every weekend starting in early December. My son spend usually 3 weekends w/ his dad, so my husband and I have those free to wrap. He's really good about helping me, so w/ 2 of us it usually takes us about three 2 hour sessions to get everything wrapped, tagged, and "prettied" up w/ ribbon and bows.

This is gonna sound weird I think, but I wrap 2 times each season however the first time I wrap it isnt really presents lol.

When the tree goes up on thanksgiving, I get a bunch of differnt sized boxes and wrap them really really pretty (foil paper, ribbons, bows, tassels, all kinds of trinkets lol) but nothing is inside them, they are purely for decoration and suspense (it kills my kids because they never know there are no gifts in them, its hillarious to see them try to sneak and shake the boxes and things like that lol)

The second time I wrap is on Xmas eve, its a tradtion for me and DH because Im an accountant at a marketing and advertising company and he's a garbage man, so the holiday season and end of 4th quarter/year is really hectic work schedules for us. So on Xmas eve when we put the kiddies to bed we break out A Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th Street, get a nice bottle (or 2 lol) of wine, turn the lights down jsut enough to still be able to see to wrap the gifts. Its really the only "holiday" experience we get to have alone.

As far as wrapping paper and accessories, I have absolutely obsessed. I have one of the those storage sheds out back (looks like a little house) and its filled with nothing but xmas decorations and half of it is nothing but wrapping paper and bows and ribbons and foil and tissue paper, and and and lol. The list goes on and on. I also make my own bows :D

Just 2 days ago I bout 20 rolls of wrapping paper from the Dollar Tree (i mean who can pass up sponge bob xmas paper for a buck a roll!) and DH was livid lol.

The summer we went through and "cleaned and organized" the storage shed and I had wrapping paper I had to throw away because it was deteriorating (sp) :(

Funny story so i went to walmart the other day all by myself and notice that they were putting out the xmas stuff so i decided to take my 2 1/2 yr old and hubby there to watch me gaulk at all the new paper and bows bags etc well i am addicted to rudolph lol so i had to have a new bag they had lol well we got home and my son runs strait into the closet where i hid the gifts last yr and starts pointing at the door screaming "ho hos in the woset toys! mommy! toys!" lol it craked me up needless to say this yr since he knows who santa is i will have to be SUPER carefull about wrapping and hiding them lol (last yr he opened his huge firetruck behind my back lol(he had knew what the box was like b/c he saw it when i got it on BF i guess!)

LOVE the ironing board idea!

I usually sit with my back against a radiator (nice and warm :D) and wrapping between my legs.

Here's a tip for you early wrappers like me:

I wrap stuff going to each house (not each person, each location) in color coded paper. Then, each person within that house gets a different bow.

So, for example, people who will be at my mom's Christmas Eve are all wrapped in a red paper.

My middle sister's two gifts have green bows, my youngest sister's two gifts have blue bows. I never use gift tags. I just remember the color bows (they are always the same...when I started, I wrote initials on the bottoms of the bows).

I group each "house"'s items together in the closet. Then, as we pack up to go to each place, I put all the color coded gifts into a laundry basket. This keeps them from rolling around the back of the SUV and makes it a whole lot easier to carry them all together over snow and ice.

Hope that helps!

I like to wait as long as possible to wrap.

I tend to put off wrapping as long as possible though....something about being able to pull out the rubbermaid totes and staring at my hard earned gifts just makes me happy!:)

Plus wrapping closer to the holiday really tends to put me more in the Christmas spirit!:yup:

I like to wait as long as possible to wrap.

I tend to put off wrapping as long as possible though....something about being able to pull out the rubbermaid totes and staring at my hard earned gifts just makes me happy!:)

Plus wrapping closer to the holiday really tends to put me more in the Christmas spirit!:yup:

I agree but I want to have enonough gifts to last all thru dec so last yr I counted the items that i had from BF (which is usally everyones!) and figure it up so that i have about 2-3items per night BUT this yr I just started a new home party business(pure romance;)) and so ill have to do more and possibly wrap on the 24th even though i dont like to(i cook on christmas eve and we do homade cookies etc so me and the hubby just wanna relax lol not to metion here lately my son has been going to bed about 12 midnight lol:eyepoppin & sometimes later!! so this year things are different!

I actually should start wrapping soon. We're out of room to hide things, and the kids are getting "peeky." They know I have things in my closet, and although they won't just go open the door, they try to run in when they know the door is open. :)

Our front closet is a mess, and I actually have to clean it to get to some of the gifts and the wrapping paper case.

Sounds like a good project for the rest of the week! :D