Big Toy Book - Link @ Post #135

sacoop

Whoot! Thank you Kim and Brad! :)

There are quite a few things in the book that are on my boys' wishlists. I will be there bright and early on November 1st. :)

I read about some people that check out in $75 incriments so that they can get multiple giftcards... is that allowed normally, or does it depend on the store/cashier? I just don't want to look like a total moron if I ask to do that, and it's not allowed. LOL

I know for us they will, but TRU is a corporate sponsor for Toys for Tots. We get roughly $2000 to spend by a certain date at TRU. Our committee has it down to a science $2000 = approx. 27 of those spend $75, get $10 g.c. And yes, they ring us up in $75 increments!:eyepoppin

Need help on page 50 the Bakugan sphere says hot price but I can't find the price?????????

Can anyone find it for me? Thanks.

My boys want those too. I noticed that there are a few other items that have that same "hot price" tag. I think it's done on purpose and not cut off of the page. I think the regular price for those is something like $24.99. I did notice the other day at target that they have a rectangular case for the Bakugan that has a handle and snaps shut ($9.99 and comes with one exclusive bakugan), and a Bakugan binder to hold the cards ($8.99). I think I am going to go that route for my boys because the sphere only holds 12 bakugan, and the case holds 24 and is half the price. Just another option for you :)

Edit: Here is a link to the other case, and it's cheaper at TRU:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3351170

And the binder:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3544707#showReviews

Edited by AudreyNicole

well i finally got to look at the whole book! I cannot figure out why mine hasnt came yet? Theres a few good deals but not much that i was really looking for or that will not be on sale on BF they did have the cars bike in there that my son wants but its still $60 man i hope they go on sale soon!!!

Thanks for the help

My boys want those too. I noticed that there are a few other items that have that same "hot price" tag. I think it's done on purpose and not cut off of the page. I think the regular price for those is something like $24.99. I did notice the other day at target that they have a rectangular case for the Bakugan that has a handle and snaps shut ($9.99 and comes with one exclusive bakugan), and a Bakugan binder to hold the cards ($8.99). I think I am going to go that route for my boys because the sphere only holds 12 bakugan, and the case holds 24 and is half the price. Just another option for you :)

Edit: Here is a link to the other case, and it's cheaper at TRU:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3351170

And the binder:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3544707#showReviews

well i finally got to look at the whole book! I cannot figure out why mine hasnt came yet? Theres a few good deals but not much that i was really looking for or that will not be on sale on BF they did have the cars bike in there that my son wants but its still $60 man i hope they go on sale soon!!!

Looking at the ad made me realize how big my kids are getting. There used to be so much I wanted to buy them from the book. Looking at it today kinda depressed me, they're getting too old for alot of what's in the book. Sorry don't mean to be a downer, lotsa good stuff just not what I'm in the market for this year.:)

Need help on page 50 the Bakugan sphere says hot price but I can't find the price?????????

Can anyone find it for me? Thanks.

Each year for certain "hot" items they don't list prices in the ad because they want to be able to match what their competitors are offering it for at the time the ad starts, so they just say something like "HOT PRICE" but you have to check the web site/store once the sale starts to know what they'll sell it for.

Each year for certain "hot" items they don't list prices in the ad because they want to be able to match what their competitors are offering it for at the time the ad starts, so they just say something like "HOT PRICE" but you have to check the web site/store once the sale starts to know what they'll sell it for.

Awesome! I was looking at the wii because the LAST thing i want to spend my whole BF morning wait and fighting for is any type of electronics lol i need toys and clothes first lol but who knows what the wiis will be on sale and on bf i mean there already $200 maybe 125 or something on BF i dunno lol this is the 1st yr i have needed anything like this lol

Awesome! I was looking at the wii because the LAST thing i want to spend my whole BF morning wait and fighting for is any type of electronics lol i need toys and clothes first lol but who knows what the wiis will be on sale and on bf i mean there already $200 maybe 125 or something on BF i dunno lol this is the 1st yr i have needed anything like this lol

I think for the Wii, it will still be $199. I'm guessing possibly the ad was prepared before the recent price cut so they didn't put the new price in it yet.

I think for the Wii, it will still be $199. I'm guessing possibly the ad was prepared before the recent price cut so they didn't put the new price in it yet.

thanks if so thats still fine with me lol its the only thing that my son my hubby and me all want so i think im gonna have to get it regardless lol

Another FYI:

TRU has $17.99 for Barbie 3 Musketeers and Amazon has it for $21.97

http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Three-Musketeers-Corinne-Doll/dp/B001XOZOSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1256480870&sr=8-1

and $5 off special at checkout making it $16.97 w/ free shipping on $25 or more and no tax

TRU has Imaginext Batman for $34.99 and Kohls has it for $44.99 the kohls one has more pieces with it (plus 15% off w/ pick15oct= $38.24) http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/toys2009/brandsfortoys/fisherprice/PRD~513420/FisherPrice+Imaginext+Batmans+Batcave.jsp (or 20% off if you spend $75 or more=$36)

The comparison on the two Batman Imaginext

1. http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=7080&e=product&pid=44740 (found at TRU)

2. http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900000&e=storeproduct&pid=49363 (found at Kohls)

thanks if so thats still fine with me lol its the only thing that my son my hubby and me all want so i think im gonna have to get it regardless lol

QVC had an awesome deal on the WII yesterday. It was a "Today Special Value". -The bundle included the WII (of course), standard remote, nunchuck, Wii Sports game, driving wheel, tennis racket, shooter, bat, golf club, carrying case, 101 games in 1 game & couple other things for $299.99. & Easy Pay was offered which broke the payments down for 6 months @ $51-98 (including shipping). I thought that was a great deal, so I told my to jump on it for my dd7 (she wanted to buy that for her this year).

QVC had an awesome deal on the WII yesterday. It was a "Today Special Value". -The bundle included the WII (of course), standard remote, nunchuck, Wii Sports game, driving wheel, tennis racket, shooter, bat, golf club, carrying case, 101 games in 1 game & couple other things for $299.99. & Easy Pay was offered which broke the payments down for 6 months @ $51-98 (including shipping). I thought that was a great deal, so I told my to jump on it for my dd7 (she wanted to buy that for her this year).

I saw that Wii deal yesterday while flipping channels, but if you do the math, it really wasn't that great of a deal. The 101 games disc sells for $20, the messenger bag is about $10 and the plastic sports set can be bought for around $20, so the bundle is about $50 more than it should be plus shipping/tax if they charged that. Bundles should theoretically be cheaper than buying the things individually, but QVC has to make their $ somehow. But I can see how the 6-payment option would be appealing.

Just a heads up... The Imaginext Batcave and Dragon Fortress that are in the toy book for $34.99 are even cheaper at KMart this week. $29.99 til 10/31. :)

Thanks for posting this! DS3 SOOO does not need anything else, but he's dying for the Batcave and his bday is coming up in November, plus Gma has been asking what he wants!

ETA: Thanks again! GMa is already on her way to KMart to pick one up!

Edited by tn20

Thanks for posting this! DS3 SOOO does not need anything else, but he's dying for the Batcave and his bday is coming up in November, plus Gma has been asking what he wants!

ETA: Thanks again! GMa is already on her way to KMart to pick one up!

You're welcome :) I picked up one this morning too! :)

Anyone know if stores like Target and Walmart will pricematch the items in the big toy book?

I saw that Wii deal yesterday while flipping channels, but if you do the math, it really wasn't that great of a deal. The 101 games disc sells for $20, the messenger bag is about $10 and the plastic sports set can be bought for around $20, so the bundle is about $50 more than it should be plus shipping/tax if they charged that. Bundles should theoretically be cheaper than buying the things individually, but QVC has to make their $ somehow. But I can see how the 6-payment option would be appealing.

Ok. Thnx. It figures a lot of women were ordering it, thinking we were getting a deal..lol