Online Black Friday Shopping Suggestions?

lilac100

I love shopping on-line on black Friday and after missing out on our T.V. we waited hours for and went to the person in front of us, it is the only way I get electronics. I don't need door busters and two years ago I got a great deal on my laptop and last year a great deal on my digital camera. I may get another digital camera on-line again this year. I hope to get the games for the Wii I want on-line as well. I go out on Black Friday for stuff that people are not fighting for like new boots, clothes, etc.

you know it really just depends on what you are shopping for. I have always shopped online - especially with Best Buy & Circuit city for the cheapo DVDs and CDs .. and have had tons of success. Less I have to compete for on the day, the happier I am.

But I don't generally go for big ticket stuff like TVs or computers.

The last three years the purchases I was most proud of came from online deals. I think a couple were from a couple of weeks before black friday though. I always keep my eye on the online forums and check them regularly starting around this time of year.

This year I'll be stuck online shopping only. :(

As soon as the Thanksgiving dinner mess is cleaned up I hit the computer. I doover 90% of my shopping online, and have only had very minor problems with one order. If you plan on shopping online, try to spend time on the stores website beforehand so you know where to find things and naviagate around the site. It saves a LOT of time!

Good luck! I will be spending another typically cold and wet day shopping from the warmth of my chair and loving every minute of it. :D

Online shopping = no fun (unless you get the good deal before they sale out)

In-Store Shopping = FUN and exciting. lol.

The fun and excitement for me is getting a great deal! Either on-line or in-store! I'm sure I'll still go out on BF to get the things I couldn't get on-line! ;)

The first year I bought online, I really didn't get much I liked (i.e. a laptop bag that was clunky but didn't look so, gave it away and kept the mouse).

Last year I didn't do BB online since the shipping prices were too high for just dvds.

I did shop at Comp USA online last year and got awesome flashdrives, Almost used them all up too!

If you aren't sure of the model, make, what it is like in person, I wouldn't get it. And watch out for shipping cost, sometimes that could make the BF deal only a regular deal or not one at all.

LOVE IT! I NEVER do the brick and mortar on BF.

You can shop in your jammies....with a glass of wine near by. Even if not on actual BF, you can get the same deals (and sometimes BETTER) throughout the BF season.

Would not do it any other way. ;)

Brad and all the GD members update sales by the minute here. Stay tuned....

More and more I'm switching to online shopping. A lot of what I have needed/wanted has been available online for the same or better price. Some of the rest was worth the extra dollar or two for the convenience. I still like to go people watch but I'm getting to where the crowds and the rudeness of some just kill my mood. Plus with Gottadeal and Brad's help I've been able to make a game plan for both my online and in store needs.

I have bought from Toys R Us on BF... Was able to order by 1am (yes, I stay up all night and never sleep the night before BF lol).

NEVER order from Radio Shack. 2 years in a row I've had my order cancelled through them. They are horrible.

did TRU have the same deals online? like the doorbusters? thats where i do 90% of my bf shopping! lol and it would be great to not have to get everything i need to get in-store ya ;)know

I had back surgery last year during the first week of November. So I can definately relate. It was a very different thanksgiving, my kids are grown so they came to my house and cooked!!! They did a good job. I was up most of the night on the computer doing black friday things and waiting for the deals to post. I actually had so much fun doing it all online. I got very good deals. I will tell you that Walmart posted stuff alot earlier than I expected. Best of luck...most important----do what your dr says, nothing more, nothing less!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I have never tried it but am considering it this year. The only thing that I read last year from ppl was that they would be able to order it on-line then in a couple of days receive an e-mail that they didn't really get the item because it is on backorder or out of stock.

I have bought from Toys R Us on BF... Was able to order by 1am (yes, I stay up all night and never sleep the night before BF lol).

NEVER order from Radio Shack. 2 years in a row I've had my order cancelled through them. They are horrible.

I jumped on a BF deal for $1 memory cards and flash drives, only to have half of my order cancelled from Radio Shack without any reason several days later. Those were the only things I needed that year and didn't bother going out on BF because I thought my shopping was done. I was told by them that I was lucky the entire order wasn't cancelled. Great customer service.

I'm going to shop more online this year, but I certainly won't be shopping at RS.

Same with Dell. Horrible!

OP - It is soooo much warmer shopping online for BF laying in a comfy bed hitting the refresh button.. lol :)

I always go out on BF, but do my techy shopping online. Last year Best Buy and Circuit City had marked what I really wanted to BF prices on Thanksgiving day. I racked up on video games and dvd's from Circuit City (with free shipping) and bought my son's HDTV online from Best Buy. I just picked up the TV at our local store later BF so no shipping cost there either. It was so much easier just hitting Walmart and our local Mall, and not having to worry about getting all those things.

Same with Dell. Horrible!

OP - It is soooo much warmer shopping online for BF laying in a comfy bed hitting the refresh button.. lol :)

We did have a problem with Dell and their delivery time. We ordered over a week before Black Friday and they took over 4 weeks preparing our order. It was extremely frustrating.

We did have a problem with Dell and their delivery time. We ordered over a week before Black Friday and they took over 4 weeks preparing our order. It was extremely frustrating.

I did have that same problem. If you order from Dell definately order early. I ordered an Xbox 360 from them last year. It took around 4 weeks to get it. They said they build it after you order it. Anyway, I got a great deal on it, but thank goodness I ordered mid October and got it in plenty of time.

I bought more things online last year than in years past. It all depends what you are going after. Of course you won't find the doorbuster stuff but, there is sooo much to be had. I purchased items from Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon. Had no problems. I will definetly do the same this year.

P.S. Saying a prayer for your surgery!! Keep us posted!

Had the surgery. Doctor said if I really wanted to I might be able to go shopping. He said I should be really careful if I go and take my walker. I don't know if it's worth it. I'm really having some depression right now anyway. I have a blog if you want to check out my new metal. I was actually really impressed with how close the doctor got at full alignment.http://yakketyyakletstalkback.blogspot.com/ It's kinda cool if ya wanna see it.