Online Black Friday Shopping Suggestions?

lilac100

Aww don't be depressed! Seriously, I got some great deals online last year and I plan to expand my online BF purchasing this year! It was so easy! It beats standing in the cold, getting pushed around. I just sat in my kitchen, grabbed some Thanksgiving leftovers (mmm pumpkin pie!) got on my laptop and shopped away! I bought most of my neices and nephews gifts online. The added bonus is Gottadeal has the info on those great deals and all u have to do is click on the link and your there!

I haven't even bothered going into stores the past few years, the online deals were good. This year I definitely can't, I had back surgery too. Because of the location of my herniated disc (T spine) they had to go through my chest, remove a rib, and deflate the lungs so I wouldn't dare go out in a crowd, I feel enough pain without being squished around.

The last time I bothered to go out I got the last few pairs of pants from old navy, then I went online and noticed their 'in store specials' were the same on the website. I don't think its actually worth going to the store at all anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning and Welcome to the community! Mpst of the stores do offer some Doorbusters and items online for BF. We have sub-forums for the major stores so once the ads get posted you may want to look there to see what each store is doing. Some stores will offer all and some will only offer some items.

If you have any questions please let us know!

Any word on who is offering their door buster deals online as well as in stores? I know Wal-Mart has in the past, but I am not sure who else. I am thinking I may get my *hot* items first online then head to the stores for the rest.

Again, just so everyone knows the plans for online BF shopping here on the site:

1. We'll set up a temporary sub-forum about a week or so before BF where we'll post threads for each store's online BF sale, including exact days/times that the online sales will start. This is always the most popular forum the week of BF. This forum will also have Cyber Monday sale information. You can discuss each store's online sale in it's own dedicated thread.

2. We'll have a page set up that will show all the items you can buy online at the BF ad prices at that time. We'll update this page continuously (we have a lot of helpers for this) from Wednesday through Saturday. Also, when you browse the lists of ad items on the site, items with a blue shopping cart icon can be ordered online at the ad price.

So just keep coming to the site (and forums) and you won't miss anything. We cover the online BF sales more thoroughly than any other site.

We cover the online BF sales more thoroughly than any other site.

And more deals after Black Friday, not to mention a community that's second to none that'll keep you coming back even after Black Friday.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/highfive.gif

I jumped on a BF deal for $1 memory cards and flash drives, only to have half of my order cancelled from Radio Shack without any reason several days later. Those were the only things I needed that year and didn't bother going out on BF because I thought my shopping was done. I was told by them that I was lucky the entire order wasn't cancelled. Great customer service.

I'm going to shop more online this year, but I certainly won't be shopping at RS.

I should change my name. I feel like the king of cancellations(that's why I mention it in my signature). Last year I got online orders cancelled by Radio Shack, Best Buy, NEX, Sears, and ToysRUs(there may have been more). So be careful with some of your BF shopping online.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure this has been asked before, so forgive me, but I cannot find the answer. Since most stores seem to be opening up at midnight and I cannot and will not drag my kids along that early(lol) will I still get the same exact deals online? For instance, I hear there's a possible $99 netbook at walmart. Will that be online too or no? I am 95% done my shopping. My biggest stops bf are toys r us, target, walmart, and probably disney store, depending on cash:) But I really want that $99 netbook. And if tru has video game sales and all will they be the same online? Does online shopping usually offer free shipping? Thanks.

I'm sure this has been asked before, so forgive me, but I cannot find the answer. Since most stores seem to be opening up at midnight and I cannot and will not drag my kids along that early(lol) will I still get the same exact deals online? For instance, I hear there's a possible $99 netbook at walmart. Will that be online too or no? I am 95% done my shopping. My biggest stops bf are toys r us, target, walmart, and probably disney store, depending on cash:) But I really want that $99 netbook. And if tru has video game sales and all will they be the same online? Does online shopping usually offer free shipping? Thanks.

We won't know exactly which items will be online until they actually go on sale. Same thing with free shipping. The store that offer it now will still have it. Others might add it for certain items. Again, you won't know for sure until it happens. If WM has a $99 netbook, I'm guessing most if not all of the stock will go to stores and not online.

Ok if I chose to online shop how fast does the product get shipped to me? If I buy something online on BF will it get to me before the 5th of Dec?

There are too many variables to answer that question. If you pay an outrageous price for overnight shipping, then I'd say you could get it by Dec 5th. If you use standard shipping, it might take a little longer. It depends on when a warehouse ships, what method, and how far away you live. So there is no 'correct' answer :confused:.

ok so then basically online i won't find my laptop for $99 or good camera deals?

$99 laptop no, $279 laptop with printer, bag anti-virus software, wireless mouse yes and great deals on cameras for $79 yes. I get all my electronics on-line and I go to the stores for things people are not fighting for like clothes.

I have bought from Toys R Us on BF... Was able to order by 1am (yes, I stay up all night and never sleep the night before BF lol).

NEVER order from Radio Shack. 2 years in a row I've had my order cancelled through them. They are horrible.

Hey I was just wondering if the shipping rates for Toys R Us on BF are discounted because their shipping rates are usually rather high.

Best Deal last year was the 2 for $33 Fathead Wall Decals. I set the alarm for midnight. Actually had the computer beside me.

My son was thrilled!!

How did you hear about that...been looking at some Fathead for DS9. I wonder if they'll do something like that again?

I did all of my shopping online last year and had great success. As others have said, you won't get any Doorbuster deals, but there's still plenty of great sales to be had. One thing that worked very well for me last year: I was shopping at multiple stores and wanted to make sure to get my orders in as soon as the sale went live. Many stores will let you save a shopping cart. I did it with JCPenny, Kohls, and I think Kmart. I did my shopping early, saved my cart and when the sale started, I just logged in and went straight to checkout. The prices were automatically adjusted and I was done in seconds. I'm hoping this strategy works again this year. Good luck.

I did all of my shopping online last year and had great success. As others have said, you won't get any Doorbuster deals, but there's still plenty of great sales to be had. One thing that worked very well for me last year: I was shopping at multiple stores and wanted to make sure to get my orders in as soon as the sale went live. Many stores will let you save a shopping cart. I did it with JCPenny, Kohls, and I think Kmart. I did my shopping early, saved my cart and when the sale started, I just logged in and went straight to checkout. The prices were automatically adjusted and I was done in seconds. I'm hoping this strategy works again this year. Good luck.

I did that with Sears also and it worked like a charm. Gonna' try it again this year. Although the midnight TRU ad is throwing my schedule WAY OFF.;)

How did you hear about that...been looking at some Fathead for DS9. I wonder if they'll do something like that again?

I'm actually the one who posted that deal lol. I got the offer in an email that evening and couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't get here to post fast enough lol.