Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

The manager at 121 & Custer said we could could price adjust, even on the clearance stuff! Take your receipt back in when it turns to 75% and have it adjusted!!!!

Cool, thanks!! This is probably a stupid question but I've never price adjusted, do I need to bring the items back in w/me or do they just need the receipt?

That's funny about the lady with all the bounty paper towels because @ 50%, those 2 pks are still more expensive than buying the bulk packs at BJ's or Costco!

Hit Target around 10:30am, and was surprised to see candy was only 15% off! Really??? Another Target had candy at 30%. I remember candy always being 50% off after a holiday; and I needed it for pinata candy next month! Went to another Target in later afternoon and it was slim pickens. I think waiting for 75% this year will be a bust.

The manager at 121 & Custer said we could could price adjust, even on the clearance stuff! Take your receipt back in when it turns to 75% and have it adjusted!!!!

THAT would be the first I've ever heard of Target pricing adjusting clearance items. Good luck though! :) :fluffy:

I have a feeling you talked to a manager who either 1) didn't fully understand your question or 2) is just so new that he isn't aware of the price adjusting poicy.

THAT would be the first I've ever heard of Target pricing adjusting clearance items. Good luck though! :) :fluffy:

I have a feeling you talked to a manager who either 1) didn't fully understand your question or 2) is just so new that he isn't aware of the price adjusting poicy.

Who knows- maybe he is a new manager, but I have his name and remember his face, so he is stuck!

To answer someone's question earlier, I would bring back the items with you, or at least the boxes....

That's funny about the lady with all the bounty paper towels because @ 50%, those 2 pks are still more expensive than buying the bulk packs at BJ's or Costco!

Hit Target around 10:30am, and was surprised to see candy was only 15% off! Really??? Another Target had candy at 30%. I remember candy always being 50% off after a holiday; and I needed it for pinata candy next month! Went to another Target in later afternoon and it was slim pickens. I think waiting for 75% this year will be a bust.

It's not really funny- she probably had coupons for them that made them very cheap or even free.

Here are the dates for previous years...at least at Decatur and Huntsville, AL stores.

Christmas 07

Dec. 26th, 2007 = 50%

Dec. 31st, 2007 = 75%

Jan. 5th, 2008 = 90% (was told that it was possibly at that on the 4th by an employee)

Christmas 08

Dec. 26th, 2008 = 50%

Dec. 30th, 2008 = 75%

Jan. 6th, 2009 = 90%

Jan. 2nd, 2009 = 75% Dollar Spot Christmas (black dot)

hmm...

So Monday for 75% off and either Friday or Saturday for 90% off in 2007, when Chr-stmas fell on Tuesday, and Tuesdays for both 75% and 90% off in 2008, when Chr-stmas fell on Thursday. Sounds like 75% off could start almost any day this upcoming week then.

Who knows- maybe he is a new manager, but I have his name and remember his face, so he is stuck!

To answer someone's question earlier, I would bring back the items with you, or at least the boxes....

I think if they will price adjust, it will be done with only a receipt.

If they won't price adjust, see if you can find the items at the reduced price, buy them, then go directly to guest services and return them with the higher priced receipt.

hmm...

So Monday for 75% off and either Friday or Saturday for 90% off in 2007, when Chr-stmas fell on Tuesday, and Tuesdays for both 75% and 90% off in 2008, when Chr-stmas fell on Thursday. Sounds like 75% off could start almost any day this upcoming week then.

Ya, I asked one associate at Target yesterday evening. Because I REALLY want the Graco Play set, but want it for less than what it is now, lol. So I asked her when the toys would go to 75% off, she said she wasn't too sure, but to check back in a few days. So I'll be going again tomorrow to see. Probably just go straight in to the toy section, check it, and leave.

I'm new to toy buying, so I need some help. Mega blok 80 count bags are 30% off. Should I grab them at that price or wait until 50%. Not sure how good or bad of a price that is. TIA

I'd say it depends, is your store in a BIG city? And how many bags were there? If only 5 or under amount of the Mega Block bag, I'd grab it now, esp if you live in a big city. If not, I'd wait.

Ya, I asked one associate at Target yesterday evening. Because I REALLY want the Graco Play set, but want it for less than what it is now, lol. So I asked her when the toys would go to 75% off, she said she wasn't too sure, but to check back in a few days. So I'll be going again tomorrow to see. Probably just go straight in to the toy section, check it, and leave.

aaah, keep in mind that schedule is for the Chr-stmas clearance, which runs different from the toy clearance...

aaah, keep in mind that schedule is for the Chr-stmas clearance, which runs different from the toy clearance...

I will, thanks!

And I should clarify, the reason I want it at 75% and not 50% is because my youngest really doesn't 'need' it anymore, but she'd like it. She got other baby doll furniture for Christmas. This would just be additional stuff. lol

Last year he toys went on 75% off on Thurs Jan 15th

I did pick up a set of these for $7.50:

Gold Band Porcelain Dinner Plate Set of 12 - 10.5"

I hand washed them after taking them out of the box just a bit ago. I know they are porcelain. And was very careful with putting them away, but two plates just barely touched each other. And chipped!!!! It is a small chip on each plate, but GOODNESS MY!

But I am so very disappointed in them. I can't believe that they chipped so easily! Anyone have a better time with these? Did I really waste my money? We really needed more dinner plates, and I saw the price and was so thrilled at first. Not now.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31WMM%2B%2BbcfL._AA260_.jpg

I went to 5 Targets today and none of them had the Christmas candy at 50% off like usual...Most were only 30%..Anyone else find that? Why didnt the candy get marked down? Most of the stores I went to had slim pickings except there seem to be a good amount of wrapping paper..Which I wont buy until its 90% off...

I have only seen the Power Miners legos on 30% so far. The Legos are weird, some stores here go from not even having them marked clearence & then put them straight at 75%, some are at 30% for ages & then only go to 50% off. We got pretty Legoed out this year, LOL I managed to get my 6yr old about 15 different sets all at 75% off so I am saving some for next Christmas just incase I dont find any at 75% off this year.

hmm...

I think if they will price adjust, it will be done with only a receipt.

If they won't price adjust, see if you can find the items at the reduced price, buy them, then go directly to guest services and return them with the higher priced receipt.

They've actually seemed to have a Tuesday/Saturday trend for the holidays this year. Valentine's and Halloween both went 75% on Tuesdays and 90% on Saturdays. For some reason I don't have Easter though, guess I just forgot to write it down.

Valentine's 08/09

Feb. 15th, 2008/2009 = 50%

Feb. 18th, 2008 = 75%

Feb. 17th, 2009 = 75%

Feb. 20th, 2008 = 90%

Feb. 21st, 2009 = 90%

Feb. 20th, 2009 = 50% Dollar Spot Valentine's (red dot)

Feb. 21st, 2009 = 75% Dollar Spot Valentine's (red dot)

Halloween 08/09

Nov. 1st, 2008 = 50%

Nov. 4th, 2008 = 75%

Nov. 8th, 2008 = 90%

Nov. 3rd, 2009 = 75%

Nov. 7th, 2009 = 90%

Here's what I have for toys and baby too while I'm at it....

Toys

Jan. 10th, 2008 = 75%

Jan. 15th, 2009 = 75% on MOST toys some still 30-50%

Jan. 29th, 2009 = 75% on remaining toys

Baby

Jan. 19th, 2009 = 75% on MOST already clearanced

Jan. 26th, 2009 = 75% on remaining clearance

I went to 5 Targets today and none of them had the Christmas candy at 50% off like usual...Most were only 30%..Anyone else find that? Why didnt the candy get marked down? Most of the stores I went to had slim pickings except there seem to be a good amount of wrapping paper..Which I wont buy until its 90% off...

Well, I had the opposite experience at our local Walmart. They never mark their candy down to 50% off until a few days after Christmas. I waited until Saturday night to to go for wrapping paper and bags. Their candy was 50% off and they were virtually sold out! I could not believe it. Tomorrow I am going to make my 40 mile drive to the nearest mall and Target. I hope I have better luck.

Technically they can't adjust. I did a PA on a clearance item (Disney DDR for wii.) What they did was returned the item and I re-purchased it. She said the system won't allow an adjustment on a clearance item.

I did pick up a set of these for $7.50:

Gold Band Porcelain Dinner Plate Set of 12 - 10.5"

I hand washed them after taking them out of the box just a bit ago. I know they are porcelain. And was very careful with putting them away, but two plates just barely touched each other. And chipped!!!! It is a small chip on each plate, but GOODNESS MY!

But I am so very disappointed in them. I can't believe that they chipped so easily! Anyone have a better time with these? Did I really waste my money? We really needed more dinner plates, and I saw the price and was so thrilled at first. Not now.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31WMM%2B%2BbcfL._AA260_.jpg

Return them before they go lower! Yeah, cheap porcelain really does chip that easily.

Question about the toy clearance...was in two of the Targets in my area today and didn't see any LEGO's already at 30% off, can anyone give me tips on how to find these before the sale or if they will even be marked for the Jan. TIA

Most of the stores around here (I went to 7 after Christmas) are sold out of Legos, so there weren't any or many on clearance. Just depends on the store. They tend to sell out before they go 75% with just a few boxes still around for the full clearance price. They also tend not to lower them to 50% but go from 30% to 75%. Legos are one of the things I have bought a lot of over the last few years, so I watch them like a hawk.

My Target still had tons of stuff (7 aisles!)all with 50% off signs but most of what I picked up wasn't ringing @ 50% and the manager wouldn't adjust. He told the cashiers that what it was ringing up @ was the price. :mad: So I walked out with nothing.

Most counties & states have laws against that. If you encounter it again, I'd push and call the 800 number, but only if there is a lot of the same item in stocked under the sign. They don't have to honor it for misplaced items, but if they stocked a bunch of stuff there, they do. You can also report them to your county weights & measures (they are the ones who verify scanner prices and make sure the gas stations are giving you correct amounts, etc.). They fine them on a store by store basis when they are wrong.

My Target still had tons of stuff (7 aisles!)all with 50% off signs but most of what I picked up wasn't ringing @ 50% and the manager wouldn't adjust. He told the cashiers that what it was ringing up @ was the price. :mad: So I walked out with nothing.

I would have pushed them to honor their signs! When I went to Kmart my daughter picked out a Build-A-Bear craft set that they had about 8 of in the same spot and the sign said "50% off Christmas Crafts", but it was scanning at 30% off at the price scanner. I went back to the isle and got one of the shelf stickers and took it to the register with me, and because I had that sticker the manager told the cashier that they had to honor it. The way she said it kind of makes me wonder what they would have done had I not taken the sticker with me. Maybe sent an employee to take them down and tell me I was crazy? LOL. Anyway, I've never had to do that at Target because I usually just tell them and they just adjust it and don't argue or call a manager. I have had it happen several times at Wal-Mart though, and they just call the department to verify and then adjust it.

I don't normally return stuff, uh, but won't they say no, since I technically chipped them?

I would return them and say they are cheap and chip too easily. Worst case they say no, but I've never had them not take something back if I had a receipt. It is not reasonable to think something would do that.

Let me just go ahead and say now that if anybody finds the Spike the Dinosaur (green or red) on clearance for 50% off or more, I would appreciate you picking it up for me. I will pay for it and shipping. Our store doesn't seem to have any left already.

I am willing to be on the lookout for any toys others want as well. I found a few last year and passed them on to my gottadeal friends. It worked out great!