Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Okay, someone clarify, dcpi numbers, are those the numbers on the receipt? or the numbers under the bar codes?

Here's what I got for the Handy Manny Motorcycle

0-27084-66569-7 - under the bar code, i put down all the numbers

204033249 - that's on the receipt

Putting this all on here, as I will NOT be able to bring out this toy again until MUCH later tonight, as my daughter will be home shortly.

Okay, also on Target's website is a $1 off Market Pantry Fresh Made Pies (sold in the bakery area). Well my target had Apple, Pecan, and Pumpkin Pies on sale for $1.99. After coupon they'd only cost you $0.99!!!

There was what I consider a fairly large amount of 50% off toys, and also 30% off toys. Some were stacked together with other coupons, and some were scattered throughout the aisles, pay attention, look for orange stickers (or red).

Okay, here are some good finds in my book, I did not purchase any of these, hope I am giving the correct DCI numbers also, some I did not have the time to write down.

50% Off

### Disney Princess Furniture Table Set - NOW $9.98 (Was $19.99) - (dcpi 759594529649)

### Franklin 5 Game Set (Badmitton, Volleyball, etc) - NOW $9.34 Was $18.34 (dcpi 025725303137)

Dance Around Dora - NOW $24.98 Was $49.99

Fisher Price Little People Dance n Twirl Palace - NOW $17.48 (was $34.99)

Graco 8-in-1 Deluxe Playset - NOW $14.98 (was $29.99) - (If anyone see's this hit 75% off in the coming days, please feel free to Private Message me to let me know)

Kid Klean Bath Blizzard - NOW $9.98 (was $19.99)

Little Mommy Achoo - NOW $13.50 (50% Off, didn't write down reg price)

Little Mommy Scoot so Scoot - NOW $13.44 (50% Off, didn't write down reg price)

My Little Pony Pinkie Pie Playhouse - NOW $22.48 Was $44.99

- FYI, there were other big sets of my little pony 50% off also, the gumball thingy majig, and another 2

VSmile Cyber Pocket, only saw the pink ones I believe - NOW $24.98 (was $49.99)

VTech Learn & Discover Globe - NOW $14.98 Was $29.99

Wow Wee Alive Sleeping Cuties - NOW 50% Off

30% Off

Fisher-Price Medical Kit - NOW $5.98 (was $11.99)

Rubic's Cube - Now $7 (Was $10)

Okay, like I said, there were a TON more toys on sale, for 50% and 30% off, I only wrote down the ones that made me say WOW!

Quoting to show how you originally posted, so when I edit you can compare.

As entered above, this is what is showing on perimeterperusing.com:

Thursday, December 24

Handy Manny Fix It Right Manny's Motorcycle - $17.38 (reg $34.79) (dcpi 2708466569)

caring corners daisy interactive camper (086020624) was $29.99 now $20.98

Disney Princess Furniture Table Set - NOW $9.98 (Was $19.99) - (dcpi 759594529649)

Franklin 5 Game Set (Badmitton, Volleyball, etc) - NOW $9.34 Was $18.34 (dcpi 025725303137)

I am hoping once I go in and edit, that everything you listed will show up...

In answer to your question, I think the UPC is what is under the bar code and the DCPI is what is on the receipt.

...but it has been a long time since I've done this.

Anyone else who wants to jump in that may be more up to date, feel free.

~*~edit~*~

And now reformatted, this is what is appearing on perimeterperusing.com:

Handy Manny Fix It Right Manny's Motorcycle - $17.38 (reg $34.79) (dcpi 204033249)

PRINT OUT the $10 off coupon on Target's Website. It EXPIRES TODAY 12/24.

caring corners daisy interactive camper (086020624) was $29.99 now $20.98

Disney Princess Furniture Table Set - NOW $9.98 (Was $19.99) - (dcpi 759594529649)

Franklin 5 Game Set (Badmitton, Volleyball, etc) - NOW $9.34 Was $18.34 (dcpi 025725303137)

Dance Around Dora - NOW $24.98 Was $49.99

Fisher Price Little People Dance n Twirl Palace - NOW $17.48 (was $34.99)

Graco 8-in-1 Deluxe Playset - NOW $14.98 (was $29.99) - (If anyone see's this hit 75% off in the coming days, please feel free to Private Message me to let me know)

Kid Klean Bath Blizzard - NOW $9.98 (was $19.99)

Little Mommy Achoo - NOW $13.50 (50% Off, didn't write down reg price)

Little Mommy Scoot so Scoot - NOW $13.44 (50% Off, didn't write down reg price)

My Little Pony Pinkie Pie Playhouse - NOW $22.48 Was $44.99

- FYI, there were other big sets of my little pony 50% off also, the gumball thingy majig, and another 2

VSmile Cyber Pocket, only saw the pink ones I believe - NOW $24.98 (was $49.99)

VTech Learn & Discover Globe - NOW $14.98 Was $29.99

Wow Wee Alive Sleeping Cuties - NOW 50% Off

30% Off

Fisher-Price Medical Kit - NOW $5.98 (was $11.99)

Rubic's Cube - Now $7 (Was $10)

:) Edited by Gator Pam

Oy, and I'll add, I got a few weird looks when I was writing all this stuff down. I just turned smiled, and then went back to work.

I seriously planned on purchasing nothing at Target when I went, well a twelve pack of Pepsi with the $1 off coupon, but that is all.

I did it all for fun and hope it helps some of you all out.

In answer to your question, I think the UPC is what is under the bar code and the DCPI is what is on the receipt.

...but it has been a long time since I've done this.

Anyone else who wants to jump in that may be more up to date, feel free.

:)

Pam, you are correct. The DPCI is the number on the receipt.

Pam, you are correct. The DPCI is the number on the receipt.

Thanks for the clarification Pam & OldAndintheway. I'll update the Handy Manny Motorcycle, and then remove the numbers from the other items that I posted, since they aren't the right numbers.

Please tell me what else you'd like me to do to my list, I can do it, I got a little time? I don't have the dcpi on most, so that is why I did not put the pounds signs in front but can.

Coolness.

As I said, you don't have to have the DCPI or UPC or anything to post to the perimeterperusing.com list; I would rather the item as being seen on clearance with no further details if they are not known be posted, then to have it here and not auto list.

I hope I didn't offend by going in and editing your post as an example. It was the first one after I said I was going to be doing so to future posts so as much gets auto listed from this sub-forum as possible, and it worked well to illustrate the difference between the formatting to auto list and not. :)

I hope I didn't offend by going in and editing your post as an example. It was the first one after I said I was going to be doing so to future posts so as much gets auto listed from this sub-forum as possible, and it worked well to illustrate the difference between the formatting to auto list and not. :)

Not at all, promise! :)

I don't think Target clearance will ever be the same as it use to be.:( As posted before. Last year they went to a JIT (just in time) system. They do not stock as much as they use to. They now order as they need it. Many companies have gone to this system to cut costs. Merry Chrismas to all, and a wish for great deals in the new year!:holiday09

I remember the big discussion last year about WHEN the toy clearance takes place. I think we determined that the 75% off was the 3rd Wed/Thurs (depending on when your store clearances) after Christmas. That would be Jan 13 or 14. It was a big deal last year b/c Christmas was ON Thursday, so it was tricky to figure out.

the front page has not been updated since dec 1st with the # code. is it not working anymore?

Ooo...

I had not scrolled down on the first page, and did not realize a summary of what is on perimeterperusing.com is there. I can now edit that post as well. I believe that post did not auto-list; I assume Brad basically cut and pasted. Will do the same as I remember.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, peifgirl!

~*~edit~*~

Oh, now that's cool.

All I had to do was click on "Edit" and it did automatically update...

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but does Target price match on thier clerance items?

I bought my nephew the VSmile cyber pocket for xmas on 12/23 and now I find out its 50% off... ugh

You can buy the new one and then return one with the old receipt. But no, they will not adjust if I remember correctly.

Back from Target Clearance, not much there actually. No gift bags, very little wrapping paper. I did get 2 Palmolive dish soaps (snowman on label), 2 Reynolds (snowflake on label), 3 Glad Press n Seal (snowmen) and 2 4-paks of Gladware small bowls (red and green), 4 boxes of holiday themed Puffs ($1 each) and 2 Softsoaps (polar bear)--all were with the Christmas clearance and 50% off. Not much Christmas Candy, the Lifesaver books were all the gummies.

Good Luck everyone!

### Palmolive dish soaps (snowman on label) - 50% off

### Reynolds (snowflake on label) - 50% off

### Glad Press n Seal (snowmen) - 50% off

### 4-paks of Gladware small bowls (red and green) - 50% off

### boxes of holiday themed Puffs - 50% off ($1 each)

### Softsoaps (polar bear)

### Christmas candy - 50% off - 50% off

Edited by Gator Pam

I was at target at 7:30am to return a gift, there was lots of stuff, lots of people grabbing and filling carts at 50% off Christmas. There was nothing I was thrilled with even at 50%, so i got 3 rolls of wrapping paper and left.

(OT- got a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree for $7.50 at Ace Hardware, shirts at Tractor Supply at 1/2 off, and gift bags, bows half off at Dollar general)

The target I went to didn't have some stuff even marked clearance and was in the regular aisle, the napkins, oreo cookie packages with snowflakes on them, the kleenex-none back in the clearance section-all in the regular aisles. Some were mad I got them and was asking if they were clearance. One person even tried to tell me they weren't on sale but I had already scanned them and knew better! Sheesh! The things some people try to do! Got me a tree and they tried to give me only 50 off and signs were marked 75 on our trees so took a while to straighten that out but left happy and spent too much as usuall getting little toys for my kids!! :)

I ended up at a Target accross town this year than where I normally go and they did things differently. I was all over the store looking for things. One thing at my Target was some flannel sheets that were 50% off that were not marked, everything else was pretty normal stuff.

I am normally all about people getting good deals, but this one lady drove me crazy she had THREE cart fulls of Bounty, now really is that not overdoing it a bit? Not to mention the 20 or more rolls of Folio and mega amounts of anything she got to first. I know it is first come first serve just bugged me. :(

I ended up at a Target accross town this year than where I normally go and they did things differently. I was all over the store looking for things. One thing at my Target was some flannel sheets that were 50% off that were not marked, everything else was pretty normal stuff.

I am normally all about people getting good deals, but this one lady drove me crazy she had THREE cart fulls of Bounty, now really is that not overdoing it a bit? Not to mention the 20 or more rolls of Folio and mega amounts of anything she got to first. I know it is first come first serve just bugged me. :(

mmouse1, I completely understand what you are saying. Like you, I get that it is first come, first serve, but sometimes it is frustrating to see people hoard that many of one item. Especially now with the economic situation the country is in, it would be nice if more people shared the great deals.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Not much left in my store, the only thing that I did get that wasn't marked clearance was the Fancy Nancy Christmas book. All the kids Christmas books were scanning 50% off. They were still on end cap of the children's books and there wasn't any clearance sign.

Lots of stuff left at 121 & Custer in McKinney, but all 50% so nothing seemed like a super great deal. Lots of people, but they were only grabbing 2 or 3 items.

Got 2 rolls of wrapping paper since that's the only thing I really needed.

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but, anyone know when it usually goes down to 75%?

Well, I feel better that everyone found mostly similar situations to mine. I didn't expect a lot since all the news reports said it would be slim pickings because stores were ordering more carefully. I went to 7 Targets, and only 2 had much left. I managed to get most of what I wanted and hadn't hidden anything. Kind of wish I had...The one thing I always buy are the little Kelly dolls, and I had a hard time finding a full set of 3 across 7 stores!! I finally found some lights at the last 2 stores. Those in SoCal, I found that Baldwin Park & Rosemead seemed to have the most left.

Toys are grim....

Lots of stuff left at 121 & Custer in McKinney, but all 50% so nothing seemed like a super great deal. Lots of people, but they were only grabbing 2 or 3 items.

Got 2 rolls of wrapping paper since that's the only thing I really needed.

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but, anyone know when it usually goes down to 75%?

The manager at 121 & Custer said we could could price adjust, even on the clearance stuff! Take your receipt back in when it turns to 75% and have it adjusted!!!!

Here are the dates for previous years...at least at Decatur and Huntsville, AL stores.

Christmas 07

Dec. 26th, 2007 = 50%

Dec. 31st, 2007 = 75%

Jan. 5th, 2008 = 90% (was told that it was possibly at that on the 4th by an employee)

Christmas 08

Dec. 26th, 2008 = 50%

Dec. 30th, 2008 = 75%

Jan. 6th, 2009 = 90%

Jan. 2nd, 2009 = 75% Dollar Spot Christmas (black dot)

Has anyone noticed toys being clearanced yet? I went to a target and they had two aisles of toys set up with 30% off already plus some end caps. I wonder when they will go 50% off or more????

Yes, it started before Christmas. Some stores already have stuff at 50%, so be sure to check things. I got the Littlest Pet Shop tin for 50% off at one store. At another it was only 30%.