Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Just tallied up my wii game totals and figured that I got 18 games for $271.55. My total was lowered by almost $15 because of the 5% rewards program that Target is trialing in the Kansas City area. So, that averages to about $15 per game, and I got:

5- $50 games;

2- $40 games;

5- $30 games;

3- $20 games and

3- $15 games.

Finally Target has given me something fun. I haven't found much on clearance for a long time and have gotten really bored with shopping there. This has kind of made up for it, especially since I have kids that are getting more and more into these kinds of games instead of toys.

Wow!! That's alot of video games. Do you sell them? Or are your kids just really lucky?

Wow!! That's alot of video games. Do you sell them? Or are your kids just really lucky?

My sister's kids have birthdays in Dec/Jan. PLUS there is Christmas. I never know what to give my nephews (and niece) who are 10/11 years old. So, these games are perfect for them. I have 3 girls, so some of these games will be Christmas gifts for them as well. We don't have a lot of Wii games, but they are becoming more and more interested in playing with it as they get older.

i bought 4 because i bought 2 at 49.xx and got a 49.xx free. used a 10 off coupon. then i bought a clearance for 20.xx and used another 10 off coupon. did i miss something ??? i would have had to pay 49.xx for another game to get two more free, i think?:)

All of you that are buying the Wii games - do you all have a Wii? I want to do this deal, but I don't have the system. Are they still in hot demand now?

I love our Wii. The hubby and I bought it back in May for $249, and now they are $199 (grrrrrrr! lol) but it was definitely a worthy purchase for us. We use it, nieces nephews use it...it was worth it. I shop a lot at game stop too for used games since sometimes** you can find some good deals. (but sometimes you can pay like 2 bucks more for the same game new?)

Glenbrook and Northwood still at 50% off candy and 75% off everything else. Funny thing: I scored one pack of the 30 ct. mini pretzels 75% off ($1.49) at Glenbrook but the same exact product scanned at $3.99 at Northwood. Could be why they had half an endcap full of the obviously Halloween bags. Also at Glenbrook,the mini-chewy granola bars scanned 75% off for .62 which wasn't all that great for 15 little bars.

This was in the regular aisle,but they had Bakugan case sleeves cleareance priced at .99 (reg. $2.99) in case anyone is interested.

I bought two bags of those pretzels and didn't catch it that they rang up 3.99!!!!! I was so mad. Took them back today and they refused the 75 off price. Said they weren't on sale, they were 3.99! Whatever. So refund my money and now you can't sell them! They drive me nuts sometimes. THEIR employees had just moved the stuff to that aisle with the 75 off stuff. Not like I moved it. Today when I returned them I went back to see if I left anything there yesterday and saw an entire endcap of the silly pretzels. No wonder I got two bags of them. But I got my money back and I'm just glad I caught it! The bag is definitely halloween with the big pumpkin on it!

i bought 4 because i bought 2 at 49.xx and got a 49.xx free. used a 10 off coupon. then i bought a clearance for 20.xx and used another 10 off coupon. did i miss something ??? i would have had to pay 49.xx for another game to get two more free, i think?:)

You should have bought another game to pair with the clearance game - the deal is buy 2 get 1 free - you would have gotten a third game free and $10 off. Also, the coupon is for $10 off TWO games - you used it on one game only?

All of you that are buying the Wii games - do you all have a Wii? I want to do this deal, but I don't have the system. Are they still in hot demand now?

I think you should be able to find one without much problem this year- when I was at Best Buy the other day they had like 90 of them up on a shelf.

okay i see what you are saying about buying another game to go w/ the clearance game. may have to take a trip back there just for that alone. i did use two coupons though. it was all done in one transaction so i got to use the two 10 off coupons because i bought the 4 games. i couldn't wrap my brain around all this because i went specifically for the tiger woods 10 game for my hubby but they were out. the CS guy told me to buy another 49.xx game. make sure that one is checked out first and then return it next week for the tiger game when they get it in stock. so that is what i did.

Has anyone seen the Crayola Crayon maker at their store on clearance? Mine had a bunch last week marked down to $20.98 and I am wondering if they may have gone down more since? Anyone know?

I seen it yesterday in my target and it was still that price

You should have bought another game to pair with the clearance game - the deal is buy 2 get 1 free - you would have gotten a third game free and $10 off. Also, the coupon is for $10 off TWO games - you used it on one game only?

No, used the coupons correctly, but would have gotten 2 more $20 games for only $10 if she picked up two more.

She bought 4 and used (2) $10/2 coupons- that's fine.

If you had picked up 2 more $20 ones, one would have been free and you could have used one more $10/2 coupon making 2 games $10 total.

No, used the coupons correctly, but would have gotten 2 more $20 games for only $10 if she picked up two more.

She bought 4 and used (2) $10/2 coupons- that's fine.

If you had picked up 2 more $20 ones, one would have been free and you could have used one more $10/2 coupon making 2 games $10 total.

Ah, yes, I see now. I read the original post wrong - thought she bought 3 games only.

-------

Anyone know why the Entenmann's Little Bites are not included in the Halloween clearance? The box is orange with little bats on it, and it even says "Great for trick-or-treating!". I scanned and it's regular price. Thought it was odd...

Questions about coupons (see in red below) maybe someone can help me out? Thanks!

leapfrog tag reader $tag jr. found!

playskool bounce back racer: $29.99

pm to tru toy book

-$10 tq

=$19.99

is this playskool or hasbro or is it the same?

clue secrets and spies $19.99

pm to tru toy book

-$5 mq

-$5 tq

=$9.99

could not find the mq at the website - different hasbro stuff, but nothing for this game or games in general?

Barbie and three musketeers dvd $9.99

pm to tru toy book

-$5 tq

=$4.99

the coupon on the target site says specifically style salon, style doll, playset, dress... Does not list dvd????

OMG, I cannot BELIEVE how many Halloween costumes were left at the store I went to today - an entire aisle, both sides (and for you DFW people, it was FRISCO which is totally overshopped). I'm thinking there are going to be a bunch left at 90%, but who knows. Do we still think it might go 90% on Saturday? If so, I will probably leave DH to sleep while I do Target and Old Navy! :yup:

The coupon I printed off @ the target site says it is for Style Salon play ser OR Glamour Camper OR So in Style doll OR Barbie and Three Musketeers DVD.

The $5 off Clue Secrets and Spies, Connect 4 4X4, Guesstures, Pictureka Flipper, and 2 other Hasbro game can be found HERE

There were tons of Halloween costumes left at one of my stores and they were marked 75% off. I was surprised!

In the past 3 transactions I've had at Target, I've received a $5 off $50 toy purchase Target coupon. Is this a random thing and I just happen to get it 3 times in a row or does the system somehow know I am a big Target spender :) because I always use the same credit card (I don't have a Target CC).

There were tons of Halloween costumes left at one of my stores and they were marked 75% off. I was surprised!

In the past 3 transactions I've had at Target, I've received a $5 off $50 toy purchase Target coupon. Is this a random thing and I just happen to get it 3 times in a row or does the system somehow know I am a big Target spender :) because I always use the same credit card (I don't have a Target CC).

I got a plain old $5 off $50 purchase. It seems pretty random. I get some for the food avenue, I get $10 off $100 electronics sometimes.

Oh, and I check the parking lot when I see stuff on the ground. I got a coupon $20 gift card for a new or transferred prescription that way recently at Target. And DS got Pink Eye and needed prescription eye drops. Sometimes people leave them at the register too. Keep your eyes open. :yup:

I got some great deals today. I would have spent about $155 but I only paid 34.72. I got

3 wii games, one was clearanced from 29.99 to 14.98, 3 ds games, two were clearanced from 29.99 to 7.48 and 4 bags of Halloween candy that were clearanced down from 6.99. With the Wii/DS coupons and the candy coupons I saved about $120. Thanks to everyone on this site for all the tips. It is helping me give my daughter a great Christmas. By the way, there were some coupons on the Snickers candy for .50 off 1 making it 24 cents.

Got some stickers, colors, mini puzzles for 75% for goody bags or stockings. Only outside of bag is halloween, stuff inside is not.

Candy was 75% today and you can still print coupons for the candy at the front of the store. Bought all the candy I need for xmas for dd class and stockings.

I spent $10.77 and saved $68.03

I know tomorrow should be 90% but stuff flies out of there and I got paid to buy some of the candy today anyway.

Tons and tons of candy at 75% at Winchester, Va Target today. I got a ton for 74 cents a piece. Also got some little Halloween games and Halloween Pixos to put back for next year, and the little tiny Barbie kids, got a bunch of those as well.