Give us ideas for more contests & win a BF t-shirt - CONTEST OVER!

Brad

Does posting numorous times increase your chance of winning this contest or something? Maybe I am such a fool for putting all my ideas in one post.

Does posting numorous times increase your chance of winning this contest or something? Maybe I am such a fool for putting all my ideas in one post.

I don't think so....I just think in spurts! So I post and then think of another and instead of editing my post I just posted another idea and another and another

Have a recipe contest but the catch is you have to only use ingredients that are the first letter letter of each letter in Gottadeal. So there can only be 9 ingredients and like for example the first ingredient could be granola, second oranges and etc. Yummiest and most creative wins

How about getting your picture taken with Santa and posting it on here with a gottadeal printed page/homemade poster....have people post about their worst "White Elephant" gifts....create a model of your BF campsite/dress your pet or stuffed animal for BF and post a picture....

Kinda stealing other ideas and lumping them together...lol.

Maybe a scavenger hunt where you have to photograph different people holding a page printout (like the other contest) and who ever gets it all done first wins (i.e. lady with red hair wearing a green shirt).

I liked the random acts of kindness thing that someone else mentioned. Maybe list 5 acts of kindness and people can post when they have done all five and briefly explain what they did for each - like maybe make a food basket for an elderly person as an example. Of course this would be on the honor system, but if you have to lie about giving food to an elderly person that is just sad...lol.

One that is good for a little sillyness might be have someone take a sleeping bag and be in their PJs and go outside a major store like WalMart or Best Buy and they have to set up near the door with a sign that says "Black Friday or Bust" and make it look like they are already getting in line for it weeks early and then post the photograph here.

I also like the quiz ideas mentioned as well - a Christmas Carol quiz, a Christmas History quiz, an Anagram Quiz, a Number Quiz (7 wonders of the world, 7 dwarfs, 3 ghosts of Christmas,), etc.

No, and repeated posts hurt our poor server... so posting within 10 seconds of each other might not be a great idea... you can always go back in and edit your post.

Ask everyone where they are from and one from each state gets a t-shirt that way you know you will be well represented.

Ask what Thanksgiving means to us and randomly select winners from responses.

How many words can you come up with using gottadeal.com or Black Friday.

How about an ad scavenger hunt? Ask questions about the ads released and have them answer questions on them.

Another ideas would be to see the different regions people are from, and spread the shirts out over different areas of the country.

Give a list of items and see who can get them the cheapest. Make it 5 or so items- scan the receipt to see who managed to pay the least amount. (Stick to groceries or something that we wont waste too much $ on)

Photograph a shelf tag of an item at what you think is the lowest price - everyone post and lowest wins (big ticket items)

Creative ways to recycle old ads

Pop quiz on history of Black Friday

Chat room Holiday Trivia. Brad would ask the questions, first correct answer to appear in the chat window to Brad wins, first person to 10 answered correctly wins.

For Instance -

1 What was the name of the street Ralphie lived on in a Christmas Story?

2 In what state do the main characters of White Christmas do their Christmas Eve show?

3 Where did Uncle Billy lose the money he was to deposit in the bank in It's a Wonderful Life?

4 What year was the song Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer first released?

5 Who is the narrator of the Rankin/Bass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer show?

6 What color of Christmas tree did Lucy want in A Charlie Brown Christmas?

7 What Christmas tune was first made famous by the original Catwoman?

8 In Polar Express which robe pocket (right or left) was torn that in turn lost the silver bell?

9 In what year did the Macy's Thanksgiving parade first start?

10 How were Karen and Frosty going to get to the North Pole in animated Frosty the Snowman?

These are just a few. They are a little tough, but I think for times sake in the chat room you need them to be a little on the perplexing side.

Edited by tbarry1974
Moderator's request

Tell how you would explain Gottadeal and black friday to a newbie,

If you ran a consumer store what steps would you take to please your shoppers on Black Friday.

Write a letter to Santa on why you would like a shirt

Price compare one item on the Gotta deal site using affliates to find the best price

On the website, instead of finding waldo find the Gottadeal logo

i like the idea of online scavenger hunt and trivia contests.

How about a Christmas version of what's that lyric...whoever answers correctly first with the next so many words in the christmas song wins

Or randomly pick people who are online at a specific time

Guys, can you all give ideas of these questions/holiday trivia?

What was the name of the ladder company in the the Santa claus Movie Answer ( There arose such a clatter ladder company)

Clarance say's every time a bell rings _______________Answer An Angel gets his wings )

What carol shares a title with a hit song by the rock Band Three dog Night amswer ( Joy to the world )

What day is the most popular for watching holiday football answer ( New Years day )

True or false there is a a bush called the Christmas Bush answer ( true )

What carol contains the line come let us adore him Answer (O come all Ye Faithful )

Is there a city called Santa Claus in Indiana answer ( True )

Edited by Illinoismom