Do you have a 2nd job for Christmas $

setlok73

Do you have a 2nd job for BF/holiday shopping?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a 2nd job for BF/holiday shopping?

• Yes, I am already saving
    • I am actively looking for one
    • I don't yet but might
    • No, and I don't plan on it

Not a second job, buy I am going to try to pick up more hours. I work 32 hrs per week. A nice schedule because I make more than I did at my former job, but w/ once less day. Anyhow, we're really behind and my boss has been asking me to do extra hrs, so I figure w/ Christmas coming I'm going to start trying to pick up the extra day every other week starting this Monday. The extra money will go directly to Christmas shopping.

Just curious - for those of you who work ft and have a 2nd part time job, how do you pull it off?

I have been thinking about getting a second job for the holidays, but I'm not sure how to do it. I work 8:30-5:30(ish) now. What time do night shifts usually start? Do you tell your boss that you've taken the second job? How many nights do you usually work?

Just curious - for those of you who work ft and have a 2nd part time job, how do you pull it off?

I have been thinking about getting a second job for the holidays, but I'm not sure how to do it. I work 8:30-5:30(ish) now. What time do night shifts usually start? Do you tell your boss that you've taken the second job? How many nights do you usually work?

It depends how far the store where you are apply is. I am going to start work @ 5:30, I get of work at 5pm it will take me 10 minutes the most to get to the mall.

My Fiance Refs he makes 300 and upwards a week doing that so we use that for BF.. I use my survey payments for it as well...But the way the economy like Bugsette says I may just need it for other things .. ** Fiance was layed off Oct 1 after 20 Plus years with his company ! Great economy eh? ** Edited by alleyc
added info

I work full time M-F 8:30-5:30. About 6 years ago I found a part time overnight position at a group home for disabled adults in my neighborhood from 10p-8a Sun/Mon/Tue nights. It includes 8 hours of paid sleep time and 2 hours of higher pay for awake time in the morning with everyone getting ready for work.

I work 8 to 5 during the day and I always work at Toys R Us as a second job during the holidays. I love working there during the holidays, plus I get a discount on the toys for all the kids and I get all the hard to find toys of the season. I love it. It is tiring but my great husband helps out alot.