Do you have a 2nd job for Christmas $

setlok73

Do you have a 2nd job for BF/holiday shopping?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a 2nd job for BF/holiday shopping?

• Yes, I am already saving
    • I am actively looking for one
    • I don't yet but might
    • No, and I don't plan on it

Hi, this is my first post, hope I do it right!

My "holiday" job is selling Discovery Toys. I started a couple yrs ago, for extra money for gifts for my friends and family. Plus I have 5 children, so I could earn toys for free for them. It was a win/win decision! :) I only do it this time of year actively.

My "holiday" job is selling Discovery Toys. I started a couple yrs ago, for extra money for gifts for my friends and family. Plus I have 5 children, so I could earn toys for free for them. It was a win/win decision! :) I only do it this time of year actively.

How did you get started doing that?

if anyone wants to pick up a pt from now to Christmas try merchandising jobs

I'm currently in school, but have thought about merchandising before and during the holidays to make some extra money. My husband works full time and then some at a job he loves while I work on my degree. He just wants me to focus on school, and I do, but I would like to buy gifts for him with money I've earned. He believes that the money he earns is ours, and I appreciate and love him for it. :yup:

When the boys were younger I did Discovery Toys! Great products. I think I was my best customer and the boys loved to play with them.

Orginally, I got my second job which is just on Saturday nights for the month of October to have money for a trip to Vegas. Instead of going to Vegas I'm putting that money towards home repairs. I work for Dillard's distribution center and our busy time I'm told is October & November. So I might try to get a second job for December.

I worked Toys R Us in 1999 as an overnight stocker. Last year I was there as a cashier until I got them to switch me to night stocking. I went from 5 hr shifts to 12-14hr shifts!

I not only have one, but two. I am a part time bartender and I clean an office for some extra cash. I started saving the earnings from those this week and figure by December 15, I should have a pretty hefty nest egg to finish out the season with no stress!!:yup:

I sold my entire collection of New Kids on the Block on ebay. One lady bought 90% of my items. She lived 1 hour away and met me (my husband went too just in case) and actually tipped me $10 for my troubles. ! Total I got from her including my "tip" was $242. I have $200 saved from that. The $42 went into my pocket book. Haha.

I also save throughout the year.... Whether it be my birthday money from my parents and grandparents (I get $100 from my parents and $50 from my grandparents).

I also sell at the area fleamarket. I sell new goods and clearance items I find at area stores. Just last week I sold over $200 worth of stuff.

To date I have over $800 saved. Im already almost done with christmas so my husband and I may just look for a LCD tv for ourselves.

How much New kids stuff did you have i think I have everything that ever came out?? Is it really selling right now???

Yep cause they're having a reunion Tour right now- She probably could have gotten even more than 200 $... can you believe that? Whats it been 15 plus years?

No, don't have the time. I already work fulltime with some overtime and have plenty to do after work getting everyone to football practice and games, drill team practice, volleyball practice and games, and Cub Scouts. Husband works 2nd shift so that leaves me for all of that.

I would love to get a part time job but my husband's current work schedule is too full. He doesn't get home until around six and we live 20-30 minutes away from stores that would hire seasonal help. Plus sometimes my DH has to work late with little to no notice because he is the computer guy. Weekends are too busy too! I do ChaCha, surveys and mystery shopping on my own free time to bring in extra cash Edited by dancglady

With Gottadeal, who needs a 2nd job for Christmas? Seriously, i've cut my spending by 90% and am giving about 3 times as much stuff.

I work full time as an accountant, and I fill in on Friday nights at the local tea room (waiting tables). I also teach couponing and Christmas shopping classes, and those have skyrocketed since the economy has taken such a terrible turn. I am trying to show as many people as possible how to make ends meet.

The extra $$ isn't for Christmas, but to put in savings in case things get worse.