Shopping for yourself or others on Black Friday?

robertmorr1999

I usually have Christmas shopping done before Halloween. So on BF I normally go out to get toys for Toys for Tots, or home essentials for families in need.

And I always get a few things for around the house (not that many people in line at 4am to get towels and sheets - but I am!).

I tend not to buy too many things for myself, but every once in a while something will catch my eye.

I usually am getting stuff for other people, but if a nice 32" hdtv would to suddenly meet my hands, oh well. We gets me is how many of your family tells you that you are crazy for going out there, but then tries to call you via cell phone to pick up stuff for them. Some of my family members have been pulling this crap for years.

#1 If you're watching my kids so I can shop bf, it's guaranteed I'm going to try my darnedest to pick up anything you want on BF.

#2 My goal is usually to buy Christmas presents for others on BF, but if there's something I see that I want for me, odds are good Santa's going to put it under the tree as well. :yup:

Sadly this year I'm not sure if I'll be able to shop on BF or not. It's starting to look more like it, but I won't know until BF gets closer.

80% myself. Am single, my local friends all keep the spending per gift to $10 so I follow the rule when it comes to them. Don't have family either. Also not a religious person.

I do buy a LOT of cheap toys (Hot Wheels, Brats, balls..etc) for the Toys for Tots campaign during the holiday season.

The other 20% I get on BF I keep (wrapped) in the trunk of my car and randomly give them away to people who do the right thing. ( I.e: Saw someone return their cart to the cart corral and gave them a DVD box set. The kid I saw pick up trash in the parking lot and throw it away I gave a video game to)

100% other people. Although it KILLS me not to get great deals for myself (which is typically my MO when shopping for me - I pride myself in getting the best deals ever). My husband spends every day between, oh about now, and Christmas reminding me ever so patiently that the holiday is about other people, not about us. UGH. He's so good.

December 26th it can start being about me again. :cheesy:

A bit of both, however I usually have most of my shopping for others done by the time BF rolls around so I try and pick up the last bit of stuff I've been waiting for (doorbusters, etc.) and then pick up some of the smaller items for myself as a treat. I love getting to the mall at the end and getting some great Old Navy and Bath and Body Works deals!

I am doing some of both :D but usually more for others.

Slightly off topic:

I have a special needs child--and he has many teachers/assistants/therapists. Every year it seems like there are more and more to buy for (like usually about 10 people!) and every year, I struggle to come up with something different, unique, affordable, but very nice for each of them.

I like to spend the same/give them equal level of gifts, if I find a good buy, then give everyone, say a scarf for example, but in different colors, it just doesn't seem genuine, thoughtful...or something...

I'd appreciate any ideas, on the forum or PM me if you have good suggestions.

Many thanks. :)

Both! Mostly for DH and DD, and anyone else if something in the ads strikes me as "So-and-so would LOVE that!" But I also scan the ads for things for myself, too. Especially household things like really nice sheet sets, etc that I normally wouldn't care to spring for.

I try and get all of my Christmas shopping finished on BF. I have already started shopping, but the majority gets done on BF. I normally pick something up for myself as well. Usually it's clothes that are on great sales. Then between BF and Christmas I normally finish up my husband and boys. They always get more than they probably should ;)

I am doing some of both :D but usually more for others.

Slightly off topic:

I have a special needs child--and he has many teachers/assistants/therapists. Every year it seems like there are more and more to buy for (like usually about 10 people!) and every year, I struggle to come up with something different, unique, affordable, but very nice for each of them.

I like to spend the same/give them equal level of gifts, if I find a good buy, then give everyone, say a scarf for example, but in different colors, it just doesn't seem genuine, thoughtful...or something...

I'd appreciate any ideas, on the forum or PM me if you have good suggestions.

Many thanks. :)

I don't know if you have ever given blankets but I like to get some of the "Big One" fleece blankets from Kohl's. On BF they are usually under $5 and I have never meant a person who didn't love a blanket!