*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

My SS and ornament aregoing out tomorrow. Question...do I just put my address as the from? I was wondering if I do that and my people are on the card exchange then they would know who they were from.

Thanks

Also, how are cookie people sending there cookies?

My SS and ornament aregoing out tomorrow. Question...do I just put my address as the from? I was wondering if I do that and my people are on the card exchange then they would know who they were from.

Thanks

you can put the persons addresss as the from or really mess them up and put an addy of someone completely not in the exchange ex Buckingham palace or something like that

Also I finaly figured out what I am doing wiht my cards... I am going to cover over DR. EVIL.... evil of me huh

OK, I am a horrible SS recipient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received my ss gift in the mail prior to Thanksgiving (at least a week before so I am REALLY bad) and keep meaning to post but wanted to take my time to write out a really nice thank you response and I am now just going to give up with trying to have the time to try to be eloquent (who am I kidding anyway, I'm pregnant with three kids).

My SS was AWESOME! A lovely box not only including wonderful gifts for me but also stockings made up for each of my children and the little bun in the oven. The kids stockings each had the most adorable chefs hats and aprons, blue for boys and pink for DD. They got puzzles and flash cards and dd got High School Musical themed gifts that she LOVED and is currently putting to use writing her xmas list(s) in whenever we go to the store and something strikes her fancy. The baby stocking had a blanky and cute onesies. I got kitchen gadgets and my favorite scented antibacterial soap from Bath and Body Works. Also had candles and a box of chocolates and much more. SO VERY THOUGHTFUL!!!!!!!!

Can't say thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was so much fun and we have needed fun lately. We were worried about layoffs this month and my husbands work but it seems enough people took a buyout that we might be able to avoid that. DS 3 got the stomach flu on Tuesday so I stayed home with him and let the rest of my family celebrate Thanksgiving at SIL house. Thursday night I went to bed early to prepare for shopping the next day only to turn around and get back up because DS1 and hubby got the stomach flu with me shortly following behind at 4 a.m. Needless to say no Black Friday shopping in my house this year. Then Friday night DS 3 broke out in a mysterious rash on his neck and ears right before bedtime. Woke up the next morning covered head to toe in hives. Looked like he sunbathed in Florida with baby oil on. Took him to the dr and they have him medicine and recommended Benadryl. 1:30 Sunday morning we rushed him to the ER because he was worse and developed a fever and swollen hands/fingers, feet and face. After waiting 3 hours finally saw the dr. and he was put on steroids. He looks much better but still breaks out several times a day and they go away in a couple of hours and then come back. We have had no new soaps, routines or foods so we are mystified what this could be. We have racked our brains as much as possible. Now my OB Dr's office called after hours this evening but I missed the phone so of course have to wait until tomorrow to get in touch with them. The nurse usually doesn't call so I'm paranoid.

Wow, what an eloquent thank you - huh. Seriously, I'm just hormonal and stressed. I REALLY appreciated the SS gift more than I can express and the effort you put into it was loved by everyone in my family. It was so special for you to think of my children also. I can't wait to find out who my SS is so I can apologize for my delay in posting my Thank you properly and extend a GIGANTIC thank you!

I received my SS present. I was so suprised to get this big box from the Disney Store. I so love my presents. I got Eeyore flip flops and the warmest, cutest Eeyore Pjs. I can not tell you how happy I was. My boyfriend was here when I opened it and thought I was insane because I was so happy. Thank you so much to my secret santa. Your name was on the receipt but I wasn't allowed to look at it ( according to my boyfriend) He even took it home with him.

OK, I am a horrible SS recipient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received my ss gift in the mail prior to Thanksgiving (at least a week before so I am REALLY bad) and keep meaning to post but wanted to take my time to write out a really nice thank you response and I am now just going to give up with trying to have the time to try to be eloquent (who am I kidding anyway, I'm pregnant with three kids).

My SS was AWESOME! A lovely box not only including wonderful gifts for me but also stockings made up for each of my children and the little bun in the oven. The kids stockings each had the most adorable chefs hats and aprons, blue for boys and pink for DD. They got puzzles and flash cards and dd got High School Musical themed gifts that she LOVED and is currently putting to use writing her xmas list(s) in whenever we go to the store and something strikes her fancy. The baby stocking had a blanky and cute onesies. I got kitchen gadgets and my favorite scented antibacterial soap from Bath and Body Works. Also had candles and a box of chocolates and much more. SO VERY THOUGHTFUL!!!!!!!!

Can't say thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was so much fun and we have needed fun lately. We were worried about layoffs this month and my husbands work but it seems enough people took a buyout that we might be able to avoid that. DS 3 got the stomach flu on Tuesday so I stayed home with him and let the rest of my family celebrate Thanksgiving at SIL house. Thursday night I went to bed early to prepare for shopping the next day only to turn around and get back up because DS1 and hubby got the stomach flu with me shortly following behind at 4 a.m. Needless to say no Black Friday shopping in my house this year. Then Friday night DS 3 broke out in a mysterious rash on his neck and ears right before bedtime. Woke up the next morning covered head to toe in hives. Looked like he sunbathed in Florida with baby oil on. Took him to the dr and they have him medicine and recommended Benadryl. 1:30 Sunday morning we rushed him to the ER because he was worse and developed a fever and swollen hands/fingers, feet and face. After waiting 3 hours finally saw the dr. and he was put on steroids. He looks much better but still breaks out several times a day and they go away in a couple of hours and then come back. We have had no new soaps, routines or foods so we are mystified what this could be. We have racked our brains as much as possible. Now my OB Dr's office called after hours this evening but I missed the phone so of course have to wait until tomorrow to get in touch with them. The nurse usually doesn't call so I'm paranoid.

Wow, what an eloquent thank you - huh. Seriously, I'm just hormonal and stressed. I REALLY appreciated the SS gift more than I can express and the effort you put into it was loved by everyone in my family. It was so special for you to think of my children also. I can't wait to find out who my SS is so I can apologize for my delay in posting my Thank you properly and extend a GIGANTIC thank you!

sounds really nice;) any pics?

I received my SS present. I was so suprised to get this big box from the Disney Store. I so love my presents. I got Eeyore flip flops and the warmest, cutest Eeyore Pjs. I can not tell you how happy I was. My boyfriend was here when I opened it and thought I was insane because I was so happy. Thank you so much to my secret santa. Your name was on the receipt but I wasn't allowed to look at it ( according to my boyfriend) He even took it home with him.

i like your boyfriend, smart of him to take it with him,lol

Thanks

i would put a friends addy ... you can put yours but then they might know:confused:

you can put theirs but then tit might get held up by the PO as suspicious :confused:

or make up an addy.... but then if it needs to be returned........... well who knows where it will end up:confused:

I will have everything mailed by this weekend. I am afraid the cards I ordered will not be here though so I may have to just go buy some plain ones blah.

cards do not have a *set * mail by* date... but you do want to mail them in enough time that everyone gets them

I got 3 cards today! LOVIN' it!!! My girls get home and ask how many today mom!

Everyone has such great cards! I love the 2 I got with a Florida theme! I miss it so much!!! I moved back up to Maine a year and a half....lots of cold and snow! Nothing like a 'white' Christmas in FL! The SAND on the beach is white!!

Anyway thank you all for the cards they are really wonderful!

ok i sent everything today,..cards,..ss and ornamnet,..I hope receivers enjoy them,...I got my ornament last week but didnt discover them until yesterday,...haha the box was buried onthe kitchen table with xmas stuff,....thank you thank you thank you from the person who sent me the 2 beautiful willow tree angel ornaments. I love them. It really made my day!!!!!! I love them!! again thank you so much!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to whoever sent me my ornament. I love it. It is my first cat ornament. I really appreciate where you got it from since the receipt says that 14 bowls of food were donated to animals. I love the idea I have something so special. I plan on supporting that site from now on. I had never heard of them before.

Thank you again, it will be it 1st on the tree this weekend when we put it up. My DD has named it Grady (name of our cat) Happy Holidays

First... my things will be going out tomorrow and Thursday so don't worry they're coming :)

Second... a big thank you to my SS who provided me with the only piece of mail today! I love it all... nice fleece throw, cinnamon apple candle and a boxed set of Little House books - everything needed for a nice evening at home in this bitter cold weather (OK, that and a nice plate of cookies and cocoa...). It made me very happy, and I know the kids will enjoy listening to me read from the books :D

My gifts did not go our yesterday. I thought of one more thing I would like to get my SS. I am picking it up today and everything will go out on Thursday as well. More than likely I will ship 2 day, thats what I did last year and it wasn't that much more.

We need to start posting pics of all the neat gifts!