*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

man......... today was soooooooooo frustrating.......

most were suppose to be told today............

no one was........

no one would talk about it at all, i kept asking my supervisor, i called both HR numbers, then on my way out i asked my boss's boss... i said "look i am off tomorrow, i wanna know if i have a job to come to Monday"

he said plan to come in Monday, they will call you if there is anything different.

well what the hell does that mean???? it sounded like i am not going to lose my job

which is nice but honestly i do not see how it is possible. i gotta wait for a call tomorrow. i wanted to find out to day so i could clean my locker and go to unemployment tomorrow so i could get that started.

no one was........

no one would talk about it at all, i kept asking my supervisor, i called both HR numbers, then on my way out i asked my boss's boss... i said "look i am off tomorrow, i wanna know if i have a job to come to Monday"

he said plan to come in Monday, they will call you if there is anything different.

well what the hell does that mean???? it sounded like i am not going to lose my job

which is nice but honestly i do not see how it is possible. i gotta wait for a call tomorrow. i wanted to find out to day so i could clean my locker and go to unemployment tomorrow so i could get that started.

This is a terrible way to treat employees. It could be no decision has been made by the "powers that be." I know at my work the final decisions are coming from the corporate office. My boss is second in charge and she said they won't know anything until corporate makes the call. Having been downsized before I just keep praying I will be able to keep my job. The saving for me might be we are a 3 person department and one gal is leaving for materinty leave in 2 months. They can't run the dept with just one person. Unless they move job functions to corporate.

I'm so sorry they are dragging out the decision and you won't know anything until next week.

no one was........

You know I work for a temp company? I hire and fire people everyday. If I was you, I would go ahead and go to the unemployment office. There you can look for other jobs, submit your resume. Your should be able to do this all online too. You might be able to file an unemployment claim online too. What city and state are you in? I will check. As for looking for another job, what do you do again? You should get your resume out there. Start with the unemployment office ( you an register online and submit your resume), then your local newspaper's job listings (they should also be online), send your resume out to all of the temp companies (i know you do not want a temp job, but they may know of full time perm jobs or know of someone who is hiring and can forward your resume to them or they may be hiring with in their own office.They pay very good.), monster.com & careerbuilder.com.

You should not even have to leave your home for this. And if your are interested in doing different things, make different resumes to taylor each of your interest.

You know I work for a temp company? I hire and fire people everyday. If I was you, I would go ahead and go to the unemployment office. There you can look for other jobs, submit your resume. Your should be able to do this all online too. You might be able to file an unemployment claim online too. What city and state are you in? I will check. As for looking for another job, what do you do again? You should get your resume out there. Start with the unemployment office ( you an register online and submit your resume), then your local newspaper's job listings (they should also be online), send your resume out to all of the temp companies (i know you do not want a temp job, but they may know of full time perm jobs or know of someone who is hiring and can forward your resume to them or they may be hiring with in their own office.They pay very good.), monster.com & careerbuilder.com.

You should not even have to leave your home for this. And if your are interested in doing different things, make different resumes to taylor each of your interest.

I am feeling a little better today, I just wish they had told us yesterday so we can get on, they know everything already........... HR is the ones holding it up.............................

edited to add........... they just called, i keep my job in the company, but i have to take a labor 1 position with less pay starting Monday

Edited by eve

I am feeling a little better today, I just wish they had told us yesterday so we can get on, they know everything already........... HR is the ones holding it up.............................

edited to add........... they just called, i keep my job in the company, but i have to take a labor 1 position with less pay starting Monday

Thats GREAT news!!!!!!

Eve, if you can't vent to your friends - who can you vent to. I'm glad you were able to keep your job. Hopefully this ecomony will take an upturn and your pay will be increased.

Hope your weekend is a little less stressful knowing you have a job come Monday.

thanks for that;)

My cards are being mailed today. My ornament was mailed yesterday. So that no one will be shocked, yes, my cards are tacky. But trying to find Florida themed cards in october forced me to pay full price, so can I please have a little credit for that? Also to the person that I sent the ornament, I am the one that didn"t know you weren't supposed to send your (gottadeal) name. So, even before you open it, it's right outside on the return address for God and the entire world to see. Hope I didn"t ruin the game. This was fun, next year I will do better. First I will buy 1/2 price after the holidays!

I got my oranments yesterday that I ordered for the exchange and will do my cards this weekend. I have to say the oranments I bought were soooooooo cute that I don't want to ship them now lol! It's a set of 4 and even DH asked if we could just ship one and keep the rest!! But not to worry.....I promise I will send them all! lol:)

I got my oranments yesterday that I ordered for the exchange and will do my cards this weekend. I have to say the oranments I bought were soooooooo cute that I don't want to ship them now lol! It's a set of 4 and even DH asked if we could just ship one and keep the rest!! But not to worry.....I promise I will send them all! lol:)

;):D that is to funny

i know what you mean though

I'm so excited,..I keep buying small trinkets to add to my ornament and ss gift,.I told my daughter we could go to teh post office on wensday and mail it all out with teh letters,...i think i may have to do it monday the way I keep buying stuff...haha I hope my ss and ornament person like what I got them,..this is so much fun!! Edited by coleman4905
spelling