How many people are on your list??? Who are they???

jarerice

Right now my list is not long, many of the relatives have agreed to just exchange cards.

Mom

number 1 brother

number 2 brother and his wife

number 3 brother

mil

niece 16

dh

ds 15 (by Christmas)

ds 11

my other sil and bil don't usually exchange gifts except for the boys

nephew 24 (stationed abroad) --may send something if we find out where he will be at that time (he's in Germany now but headed for either Iraq again or Afghanistan)

Usually try to do something for 2 of our neighbors that help with dh and our yard since he can't do a lot of the work anymore and I'm at work...

DH

DS - age 9

DD - age 2

My side:

Mom

Dad

Sister

Grandmother x 2

Grandfather x 2

Niece - age 10

Distant Relative - age 6

Distant Relative - age 8

His side:

Mom

Dad

Brother

Grandmother

Secret Santa Swap

Neice - age 2

Nephew - age 1

Neice - age 11

3 teacher gifts

...and the list always grows from there.

My kids (two girls who will be almost 5 and 1.5 at Christmas time)

DH's nephews (three boys who will be 15, 10, and 1.5 at Christmas time)

DH

That's it. We're currently going through a loan process to buy a house (which will be my Christmas present. lol) which everybody other than the kids may be out of luck this year since we might be adjusting to life with a mortgage.

30 for me includes 1 aunt (and none of my 7 uncles i am a terrible person, what can I say), a few cousins, immediate family, inlaws, teachers, 2 friends and 1 of their moms, and a couple of kids that are kinda adopted family (my aunt has them 95% of the time)

then i shop for my sister who HATES to shop she has 18 last year I also wrapped her stuff..she was as suprised as the person she got the gift for!! i always give her the list but she really doesn't care...i even do most of the shopping for her son!! i took care of his birthday with the 75% off target sale.

Guest JustMeDiana

Lets see my list is not very long yet ;)

DH

DS no girl friend but that could change ya never know

DS no girl friend but that could change ya never know

DD

SIL

DGD girl only one age 5

that's it as far as family goes

Maybe a friend or two

Christmas gifts to the Troops not sure how many yet

I am already about half way done!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a short list compared to many of you. I guess I am lucky I have an older sibling that we don't exchange gifts and my DH is an only child.

DH

DD 10

Mom

Dad

MIL

FIL

Nephew ( I am FINALLY an Aunt!)

Garbage Man (Homemade cookies and a bottle of milk. I was on jury duty eariler this year and a lady I sat next too her husband was a garbage man. And she told me they love getting homemade cookies. I used to give them beer but they cannot have booze in their cab. So she suggested cookies. OH...BTW-They HATE PUMPKINS! She told me he is throwing them away from October till new years...)

DD Teacher

Little gift bags for DD Classmates as I am Room Mother

Cats-Catnip

Dog-Dog bone and DD wants to give her a doggie bed.

DH

DD

DS

Sister #1

BIL

Niece

Niece

Nephew

Nephew

Sister #2

SIL

BIL

Niece

Niece

Nephew

Mom

MIL & FIL

Brother

5 Friends

15 Goody Bags (Scouts)

50 Goody Bags (Kid's Classrooms)

Other than that most of the extended family only sends cards. I send the grandparents on both sides new pictures every year of the kids (normally in a calender format). Thankfully the goody bags I have the stuff I bought last year on clearence so that's not a big deal this year, just need the candy to add to them.

Let's see..

DW

4 Kids

Mom/Stepdad

Dad/Stepmom

Sis/Hubby

3- In-Laws- DW's parents and DW has 4 sisters who are married/attached. We go in on a gift after drawing a name out of a hat.

13 Neices/nephews

2 Family Christmas Polyannas

4 Close Neighbors

2 Babysitters

3 School Teachers

3 Gymnastics Teachers

1 Art Teacher

Mailman

And those are just off the top of my head.

DD (7)

DS (5)

DD (4)

Mom (my Dad died this year, so I need to make this Christmas extra special for her)

FIL & MIL

DH's Grandma

5 nephews

1 niece

teacher gifts

SS teacher gifts

Pastor & wife

My DH is easy this year. We are building a house, so that is our present for each other. We might buy a new bedroom suite together. :D

BTW- I am a longtime lurker, but I am on here daily. I can't wait for BF and Christmas. My favorite time of year!!! :)

My list starts small and always grows...lol...

2 DD

1 DSIL

1 DD fiance

1 DGD

1 DGS

1 MOM

1 Family exchange gift

1 office exchange gift

8 friends a few of them are for the whole family gifts

1 nail tech

1 hair stylist

1 mailman

tip for newspaper deliverer

several toys for Toys for Tots local Motorcyle Run

and last but not least my SO...we may buy a few big ticket items for the house and call them santa presents...but still will buy a few goodies to open Christmas morning and of course fill the stockings...

Also I will try to be good this year both of my daughters claim I make Santa look bad :eek:...with all the stuff I buy the grandchildren....;)

• 3 weeks later...

How many people do you buy for and what do you spend?

My son 15- we spend any where from $700-$1000. We try to get deals to have actual value i(pre-sale) in the $950-1200 range.

Neice 6 yr and Nephew 4yr- They are brother and sister $100-130 each. We try to keep the gift count close to even on them.

Nephew 4 mo @ Christmas- my husband and I are in locked debate on this. I want to spend $25- he wants me to do the same as the other neice and nephew. The thing is, in my family we alway's spend more- and in his family a lot less. This tone was set by the respective familie's more than 10 yrs ago.

My Mom and Dad- $50 each or $100 joint. Almost always gift cards. Then I give them a gift from my son for $25 each, that is an actual gift.

My Sister and BIL- This one varies depending on our finances. We've gone no gift's at all (agreed upon by them and us) up to $100 each.

My MIL- $30-50

MIL's Boyfriend )$25-40

Grandfather-in-law- $20

2 exchange gifts on dh's side- $20 each

3 cousin's kid's on dh's side- $20 each

DH & I only exchange when we have extra money. Last year was tight and we spent $50 each on each other. Most years we did $300-500 each. This year will probably be in the $50-100 range.

For my daughter and her family I don't really have a limit I buy what I want them to have. But usually it is somewhere between $100 - $150 each. This year will be much less probably $75 each.

Nieces and nephews in the past $30 this year $15-$20

Mom and Stepdad in the past $50 this year $30

Sister in the past $50 this year $25

Cousins & their kids $10 (of course the value of the gifts range from $25 - $50 I bought them all with drastic discounts)

Of course even though the dollar amount spent will be much less this year the value of the gift will be greater for all of my gifts because of great deals found here & other places. They will never know I have cut back on my spending. ;)

Last year, I shopped for my 6 year old daughter and I spent about $700. This year I have a baby who will be 5 months at Christmas, so I'll spend about $850.

WOW...I really misinterpreted the question.

I buy for my mom, dad, brother, and my friends' two children, we let the kids exchange gifts. And then my family does a secret santa, so everyone else is taken care of that way. And so I buy for whoever I pick.

Edited by mommyofanangelb