Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Discovered a great deal by accident...

The glade Starter kit (the one that comes with the glass holder and 2 oil candle refills) is on sale for $2.50, but only the Apple Cinnamon scent...there are $3.00 coupons on those boxes and on some other scents...so they are free. I think they normally run around $6.00...

The best part is that if you buy 4, you get a $5.00 gift card...

I do not like the apple cinnamon candles, so I will chuck them or give them away, but I could sure use the holder...

***this is the first time I posted to this thread, so if you need a specific number, UPC or receipt code, please let me know

forgot to mention...there is a coupon inside the box for a third one free, when you buy 2 candle refill packs

Went to Target looking for this deal today, as Apple cinnamon is my favorite scent from Glade, but no peelies on them...so no deal for me.

2 kinds of Starbucks chocolate bars on clearance... One is a small bar which is down to .48 each Then the bigger bars are .90 (these had the peelies)

Did your store let you use 30 of the same coupon in 1 order? Our stores here put a limit on the amount of coupons per order.

I ended up getting an indoor/outdoor thermometer for 3.74 (they said it was 90% off):D It would not scan, so I asked them with their machines to check, after them saying "sell it to her" "no don't sell it" "sell it to her" "don't sell to her" they finally gave in. Although I went back after ringing out and the lady grabbed the other 3 so they would not be sold (they were supposed to be sent back:() Great xmas gift!!;)

Also I ended up grabbing some PS3 games for 75% off, they also had some PS2 games 75% off:)

Went to Target looking for this deal today, as Apple cinnamon is my favorite scent from Glade, but no peelies on them...so no deal for me.

Did you check the other boxes that are full price? (which were in a different aisle) That is how I was able to buy the last two...I was determined to buy every single one, so I took out all the boxes and found two peelies on the bottom of the box...

The HP camera and printer is down to $45 here 056100493

Oh man....I totally neeeeeed that camera & printer for our PTA at school. There are none in my area at all. My local Target has one on display but it is not complete so it isn't usable. Booo.

Yesterday I got...

Xbox 360 chill station 14.95 originally 20.xx (haven't bought anything less than 50% off in a long time but I needed this so the controllers aren't everywhere)

Wescott scissors- 1.91 orig. 7.67

Fiskars pruning set x4- comes with 1 shear and 1 scissor- 3.74 orig 14.96 (set says it's a 22.00 value)

FoodSaver V2440- display- 34.98 originally 139.99 (I used it today and am addicted!)

A bunch of the dollarspot candles, shower gel, etc at 50% off.

Sterling silver, marcasite, and genuine freshwater pearl watch- 12.48 orig. 49.99

C.Z. and sterling silver tennis bracelet- 11.24 orig 44.99

Let me know if anyone needs dcpi's.

I also found yet another coffeemaker-I swear these things are following me around, LOL! but I didn't buy it. It was a DeLonghi Stainless/black model (basic, no espresso or anything). It was 12.xx, not sure of the original price?

There was a lady in the coffeemaker aisle and I gave it to her. She looked shocked that someone would give up a deal like that. Little does she know my coffeemaker abundance, lol!

Edited by alexac

Did you check the other boxes that are full price? (which were in a different aisle) That is how I was able to buy the last two...I was determined to buy every single one, so I took out all the boxes and found two peelies on the bottom of the box...

Yes, I think others must have gotten there before me, because there weren't that many boxes in the aisle and the rest were on an endcap. I lookedat most of the boxes and there was the coupon inside, but no peelies on the outside...maybe next time...I'll keep looking.

Back to the Horizon Organic Milk, do you think they will take expired coupons? My son loves this milk. I used $1 coupon on afullcup.com and I thought I got a great deal with the ones in a pack of three which comes out to be 0.67 a carton. Getting it for 9 cents, that's awesome!!! Also, where are the $1 you guys were talking about on the carton?

Back to the Horizon Organic Milk, do you think they will take expired coupons? My son loves this milk. I used $1 coupon on afullcup.com and I thought I got a great deal with the ones in a pack of three which comes out to be 0.67 a carton. Getting it for 9 cents, that's awesome!!! Also, where are the $1 you guys were talking about on the carton?

Target has gotten a bit "better" about coding their coupons to come up expired pretty quickly after the date shown on the actual coupon. Some have found they can eek out a few more days. My guess is that by Nov. 1st the coupon will be dead-- however it could be sooner than that. It's anyone's guess. It's really YMMV because some cashiers really analyze coupons too and if they see it and call you out, then they most likely won't take it. I'm pretty lucky that most of the Ts around me don't pay any attention to expire dates. As long as it scans, it's okay. The only coup for Horizon singles that I know about it the $1 off that was from the Target website. It is not out there any more, so unless you have it saved on your computer somewhere, you probably won't find it. Organic grocery takes coupons down immediately after they expire.

Wow, I have to say I am slightly jealous. I tried so hard to Peruse in the past few days. I went to 3 Target stores, boy I got my exercise...but no deals.

I looked for that coffeemaker, no one at any Target heard of it being on clearance. I forgot the DCPI code thing in my notebook, at home...:(

Well I don't even know what DCPI stands for, but I guess it is like a SKU # that they put in a machine.

Starbucks candy bars, One store had nothing. Two stores had the small bars, but they were .64 cents each, not .48 :mad: No peelies, nothing.

Majorly bummed.

No good books, CDS, PS2 games, shampoo, nothing worth mentioning to you... I want to hitch a ride and visit the Targets you go to...;)

was at Target last night to pick up a few things I "needed" and i noticed they changed the format of their receipts... They now have items sorted by department and the coupons show up matched to the item they go to. I don't think it was ever like this.. I mean it was pretty nice because you could see the discounts right away the way it was sorted, but it kinda caught me off guard!!!

Wow, I have to say I am slightly jealous. I tried so hard to Peruse in the past few days. I went to 3 Target stores, boy I got my exercise...but no deals.

I looked for that coffeemaker, no one at any Target heard of it being on clearance. I forgot the DCPI code thing in my notebook, at home...:(

Well I don't even know what DCPI stands for, but I guess it is like a SKU # that they put in a machine.

Starbucks candy bars, One store had nothing. Two stores had the small bars, but they were .64 cents each, not .48 :mad: No peelies, nothing.

Majorly bummed.

No good books, CDS, PS2 games, shampoo, nothing worth mentioning to you... I want to hitch a ride and visit the Targets you go to...;)

Don't get discouraged! I travel a lot, so all of these deals that I talk about come from all over the country. I have to ship stuff home sometimes:yup:

However I do go into targets and come out with nothing.I know some posters here have targets that they avoid because the clearance selection isn't good. When I got the foodsaver (I'm home now) I noticed it and the coffeemaker were the only things left from that huge appliance clearance. Every once in a while, target goes through a big markdown, not just on seasonal stuff, but department markdowns. I think the last big thing were the college 08 stuff, and lots of towels and bed linens.

You probably hit a clearance lull. It happens sometimes with me.

Next week we'll all be talking about dishes or something that we scored :tongue1:

Also a dcpi is target's internal pricing code. It is not the UPC barcode on the box.You will need the dcpi (I have also heard them called short sku's) to determine if there are any of your item left. You can type dcpi's in the scanner yourself, if it is a newer store or newer scanner with a numeric keypad.

Don't get discouraged. You will find deals sooner or later.

was at Target last night to pick up a few things I "needed" and i noticed they changed the format of their receipts... They now have items sorted by department and the coupons show up matched to the item they go to. I don't think it was ever like this.. I mean it was pretty nice because you could see the discounts right away the way it was sorted, but it kinda caught me off guard!!!

I just read somewhere else about these receipts. Someone said that this may be the end of the MM juice deals. They said something to the effect that because it is sorted by dept, it made the MM beep when the cashier scanned it. The screen said something to the effect that the product was for the cafe' and made the cashier put in a price. Don't know if there is any truth to this or not, just saw it on another forum.

Yesterday I got...

Xbox 360 chill station 14.95 originally 20.xx (haven't bought anything less than 50% off in a long time but I needed this so the controllers aren't everywhere)

Wescott scissors- 1.91 orig. 7.67

Fiskars pruning set x4- comes with 1 shear and 1 scissor- 3.74 orig 14.96 (set says it's a 22.00 value)

FoodSaver V2440- display- 34.98 originally 139.99 (I used it today and am addicted!)

A bunch of the dollarspot candles, shower gel, etc at 50% off.

Sterling silver, marcasite, and genuine freshwater pearl watch- 12.48 orig. 49.99

C.Z. and sterling silver tennis bracelet- 11.24 orig 44.99

Let me know if anyone needs dcpi's.

I also found yet another coffeemaker-I swear these things are following me around, LOL! but I didn't buy it. It was a DeLonghi Stainless/black model (basic, no espresso or anything). It was 12.xx, not sure of the original price?

There was a lady in the coffeemaker aisle and I gave it to her. She looked shocked that someone would give up a deal like that. Little does she know my coffeemaker abundance, lol!

Could I get the food saver dcpi please? Thanks

Yesterday I got...

Be careful of the chilling fan running off the usb. I know the 360 runs hot, but we had purchased a different cooling system using usb and it gave us the ring of death :eek: .

If you are only using it to neatly store controllers then fine.

good luck!!

I just read somewhere else about these receipts. Someone said that this may be the end of the MM juice deals. They said something to the effect that because it is sorted by dept, it made the MM beep when the cashier scanned it. The screen said something to the effect that the product was for the cafe' and made the cashier put in a price. Don't know if there is any truth to this or not, just saw it on another forum.

:eek::bigcry: Noooooooooooo

Thanks alexac. Not to worry, I will just keep trying--they won't break my shopping spirit yet :D.

Because there was nothing good, I didn't even look for the price scanner. I know for sure that the one store closest to me does not have numbers on the pad. I'll have to look at the other two stores next time I go. I was just hoping to get some cheap gift shopping done....

How does the clearance markdown vary by store?

If an item at a target store is market down 75% at one store and only 50% at a neighboring store, how long can we expect the other store to hit 75%?

Does anyone have experience? Thanks!

How does the clearance markdown vary by store?

If an item at a target store is market down 75% at one store and only 50% at a neighboring store, how long can we expect the other store to hit 75%?

Does anyone have experience? Thanks!

It's all YMMV.

I have seen items at one store go 75% & 4 miles away stay at full price!!!:eek: Usually markdowns are done once a week in each dept. except for Holiday markdowns. Also one store may markdown a dept. on Wed & the other store on Thurs. This has also happened at stores in my area. It is all hit & miss. Just keep trying.

The number on the receipt is: 072080087; don't know if this is the DCPI, but will check later.

Thanks...I actually found it today at a different Target here in town! I went to pick up some pics that we had taken at their studio a couple weeks ago and just for fun I walked over to the appliances and there it was! This one had both carafes, instructions, everything. I am so excited, I can't wait to make myself a latte!