Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Wow! I've NEVER heard of that. That is interesting. Were you just going by signs, or did you actually scan it. They do the holiday clearance from the corporate office, so it should have been 50%. But they might not have changed the signs.

Our candy was only 30% off too. Well, I should say that is what the sign said because I didn't scan it since I don't need any more candy in my house. But everything else had 50% off signs on it. They didn't have any signs on items on the endcaps so nobody was buying the Puffs tissues, Bounty paper towels, playdoh packs, etc. because they appeared to be full price. I bought tissues and then bought 2 pks. of the 25 pk play-doh at half price. I am going to give each of my students a little play-doh for Christmas. They will love it.

Wow! I've NEVER heard of that. That is interesting. Were you just going by signs, or did you actually scan it. They do the holiday clearance from the corporate office, so it should have been 50%. But they might not have changed the signs.

My stepmother told me the same thing, I mentioned that the Halloween stuff is 50% off today so she stopped by and the candy was specifically marked with a 30% sign, she did scan and it was 30%??? I had not encountered that at our store before, she said everything else was 50%.

I made DH go scan a bunch (he just kept giving me "the look" lol), but they were only 30%. We still had a ton of decorations left, along with a lot of the toys.

Went to Target this morning and stocked up on candy for St. Nick, also got Kelly dolls, my little pony and some of the Cars gift sets. I picked up the things that never make it to the 75% at my stores. I'm sure I will be going back during the week, hopefully 75% on Thursday.

Candy was 50% here. At 9:30, there was TONS of it left. I was actually hoping to get some of the pretzel packs for DS's school snacks and they were all gone. Oh well.

I bought a pack of Bounty napkins for $1.49 and I seem to have lost several boxes of hefty zip bags in the store. Oh well.

Here in Ankeny, Iowa halloween costumes, decor and candy was 50% off. However, halloween scrapbook stuff was still just 30%, I had my ds scan it for me to be sure. Our green dot was all marked at 50% but scanned at 75% but I didn't find anything. I wanted to get candy for Santa to give but DS was with me so I couldn't :(

:) i was in target today... ( love2shopca: it was the pasadena one by sierra madre).... and an employee (cashier) told us to make sure and come back tommorow because all halloween stuff would be going 75 % ...could this be true ?? :confused:

:) i was in target today... ( love2shopca: it was the pasadena one by sierra madre).... and an employee (cashier) told us to make sure and come back tommorow because all halloween stuff would be going 75 % ...could this be true ?? :confused:

I was thinking it probably would go tomorrow or Tuesday. I was REALLY hoping. I am on jury duty down in East LA and have some good stuff stashed down there. Stuff I hadn't seen for a few weeks as the Pasadena stores. I was hoping to still be on jury duty when it goes to 75%. I figured I'd be there till at least Tuesday and maybe even Wednesday. Tomorrow would be nice. I didn't go to the store you mention today, but there was still a fair amount left at the 2 story store. It sometimes goes down faster if there is less left. So I guess we'll see. I don't report for duty till afternoon, so I'll try to swing by that store in the morning. thanks for the info!

went yesterday around 11am and raided everyones stashes! lol...thanks to tips on here about where things are usually hidden we managed to find a kelly doll, etch a sketch, cupcake holders and a my little pony :) imagine my dd7 on the ground going through the piles of candy and me in the toy section looking behind things. My target was not budging about not marking down ANY of the halloween movies which was a bummer. We grabbed an orange container for $4.50, 3 packages of the halloween pumpkin lights, some baggies and plastic wrap, paper towels and other random toys. Picked up 2 of the mr potato head kits...QUESTION They were originally $5.99...but they rang up $4.18 each! I didnt notice this until I got home...should I go back to the store w/my receipt and one of the kits? The receipt doesnt even call it halloween or potato head, etc. Also, i thought it would go 75% off Tuesday?

Just a reminder to report your finds using the standard format. I know some of you don't like to do it for whatever reason, but it really helps others. You don't realize how many messages and e-mails I get from people who appreciate the info in this thread.

Our potatoe head kits were marked at $4.18 as were the stands that look like bodies. They were NOT part of the 50% off, they were marked as that with a big clear sign and I scanned them to be sure. Not sure why though.

hmm...ours were mixed in with all the 50% off stuff...no big sign *sniffle*...would explain the weird price issue though...thanks!

I remember those potato heads from last year. Around here they were not part of the Halloween holiday clearance. It was a few weeks later that they clearanced out at 75% off. They all were eventually stickered and put on an end cap where they sat for awhile.

Last year, Halloween went 75% on the 4th and 90% on the 7th (in KC). However, I think there are more and more instances where different stores are on different schedules with the holiday stuff. It seems like it's more common for each individual store to do their holiday clearance differently... used to be every store went on the same days--not so much anymore.

I personally don't believe at all that the employees know when it will happen and if you have someone tell you "it will happen tomorrow," be prepared to be disappointed. There are Target employees who either THINK they have it guessed right or are just messing with you knowing that you'll show up bright and early only to be disappointed.

Unfortunately, it tends to be sort of a crap shoot! The only thing I usually do is track it from year to year, but even that anymore isn't a sure thing.

Just a reminder to report your finds using the standard format. I know some of you don't like to do it for whatever reason, but it really helps others. You don't realize how many messages and e-mails I get from people who appreciate the info in this thread.

For me it is simply a hassle. I don't use the service, so I don't bother. Too many other things going on to figure it out.

I remember those potato heads from last year. Around here they were not part of the Halloween holiday clearance. It was a few weeks later that they clearanced out at 75% off. They all were eventually stickered and put on an end cap where they sat for awhile.

Last year, Halloween went 75% on the 4th and 90% on the 7th (in KC). However, I think there are more and more instances where different stores are on different schedules with the holiday stuff. It seems like it's more common for each individual store to do their holiday clearance differently... used to be every store went on the same days--not so much anymore.

I personally don't believe at all that the employees know when it will happen and if you have someone tell you "it will happen tomorrow," be prepared to be disappointed. There are Target employees who either THINK they have it guessed right or are just messing with you knowing that you'll show up bright and early only to be disappointed.

Unfortunately, it tends to be sort of a crap shoot! The only thing I usually do is track it from year to year, but even that anymore isn't a sure thing.

Just checked last year's thread, and it looks like most places went 75% on the 3rd and 90% the 7th.